“Fantastic Lunch”

Cross street: rue du Tresor
Regina, Canada
“Fantastic Lunch”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

My husband and I walked the streets of Old Quebec and found this really great outdoor restaurant for lunch. It was French cuisine at its best and my husband really liked his meal even though he is very fussy. He had the Bagette Classique and I had the Carrot Soup and Pogo meal with a chocolate desert witch was heavenly. The meal was displayed on the plates with great care. There was so much food that I was not able to eat it all. My meal was a special and it came with the soup , 2 pogos and French fries and desert and tea. The flowers that were all around the perimeter of the outdoor sitting area was also a very nice touch.

• Visited July 2014

South East England, United Kingdom
“Poor experience”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

This was supposed to be a quality restaurant. I can't see how it got this reputation. The food was mediocre but very expensive. The worst part was the condescending attitude of the staff which bordered on being rude.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank IAN M
Hayward, CA
“Fantastic place that we stumbled across”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We ate dinner there this evening - our first night in Quebec. Once settled in our hotel we went to poke around the old town and find a place for dinner. We looked at several places but nothing struck our fancy until we stumbled across this place. The menu looked interesting and a bit different from some of the others we looked at. We did not have a reservation but got lucky with a table on the patio. What a wonderful evening. First, the staff is fabulous from the young woman who seated us, to all of the wait staff. Even though we had a fantastic waitress, every single one of the staff helped to take care of us; pouring wine, bringing food, etc. The waitress was so good that she realized that my husband had ordered the salmon tartar for his main course which comes with a chef salad which he had also ordered as his starter so she switched it to the soup of the day- a delicious lobster bisque. Both of our meals were extraordinary. The food was well prepared, fresh and served at the appropriate temperature. We ordered a bottle of wine on the recommendation of our waitress and it was superb with both of our meals. Dessert was also not disappointing. My husband had the clafoutis and I had the baba. Both were light and perfect for the end of the meal. The presentation was spectacular. We felt that it was a good value for the money. We were there for 2 hours and never felt rushed to eat and get out of the way for new customers. We don't think that you will be disappointed. Thank you for a wonderful first evening in Quebec. Dinner was followed by fireworks over the river. What a start to vacation.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank jimboCA
“Delicious and interesting food with great service ”
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

My wife, daughter (8) and I came here for a 7pm table and were delighted. The food was lovely - smoked bison; wonderful tomato fish soup; crispy halibut. Yum.

And the service was also great, and family friendly. For instance, while we were having ice wine with creme brûlée an apple juice in a wine glass showed up so my daughter could join our vacation desert toast.

Certainly recommended. Yummy, interesting, relaxed, and friendly.

1 Thank Baconpaul
Valley Forge PA
“Not So Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Right in the heart of the Historic District on rue Sainte- Anne, this cafe was recommended by our hotel desk clerk. We arrived for Sunday morning breakfast and were seated at a lovely table by an open window with a view. The menu was tempting with prices much less than those at surrounding restaurants. Our eggs benedict arrived perfectly done, with great home fries, tasty tomato slices and coffee which was included in the cost of the breakfast entree. Service was superb with water and coffee being frequently refilled. Stone interior walls and sleek furnishings provided a pleasant environment. We later returned for lunch and another great meal in Old Quebec.

• Visited August 2014