We spent the last weeknd of the 2012 Winter Carnival at the MHJT. Greg and Guita were very helpful, responsive and accomodating to our inquiries, reservations and stay. Very historic, lots of character,; the house and Greg!
Easy to find, located where you park your car and dont get back into it untilo you are leaving for good.
There were six of us, myself, my wife and two kids and my daughter and her husband. We were able to get two adjoining rooms on the third floor. Our room ahd a queen and two individual beds for the kids. the other room was a queen. central shared bathroom, no big deal. warm, lots of blankets, heat was good. we were very comfortable the entire stay. Even ahd a TV area we could all sit and warm up and watch a movie on a giant flat screen TV.
The breakfast was amazing. Juice, endless coffee, tea, hot coccoa, individual fresh fruit bowl, muffins, croesants. You have a choice of eggs to order, french toast, Belgian waffle , fresh blueberry creppes, all with suasage or bacon. and more coffee. a table of cereals to choose fomr that had to be at least 30 different choices. Greg is a retired firefighter and knows the importance of lots of good coffee. Plan on only eating two meals a day. You are stuffed from the breakfast.
Greg will advise you on places to eat, things to see and such. he is a wealth of info, has a great sense of humor and goes the extra mile.
If you want a great lodging experience without the impersonal feel of a hotel, this is the place. You cant go wrong. we will return. Highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our home was built in 1793 and it situated within the fortified walls of famous Vieux Quebec. It is classified as an Historic Monument by the Government of Quebec and has a 4 "sun" rating. Our tastefully decorated guest rooms have Queen-sized beds for your comfort. We offer two rooms, each with one Queen-sized bed, and the third room has two Queen-sized beds. Our entire home is protected by a well maintained fire detection system that is monitored all the time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Maison Historique James Thompson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maison Historique James Thompson Hotel Quebec City
- Maison Historique James Thompson Quebec/Quebec City