We stayed at Maison Historique for a weekend trip to Quebec, and couldn't have asked for a better stay. Our original room was out of order, so we ended up staying in a room with a shared bathroom on the third floor for the first night, and in the groundfloor room with a private bath the second. Both rooms were beautiful, perfectly comfortable, and very quiet considering the age of the historic home, which has been restored and made into a fantastic B&B.
Greg is extremely helpful, and was happy to explain to us all that the city had to offer. He has a wealth of knowledge about the city's history, and gave us useful tips for our stay. Guitta prepared a delicious breakfast both mornings, with a choice of eggs, french toast, or crepes along with breakfast meats, croissants, toast, and cereal - they even had a gluten-free cereal for us.
The location is perfect - everything within the old city is within walking distance, but the street where the B&B is located is very quiet. The B&B came with an added perk of free parking, which appeared to be rare in the old part of the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our home was built in 1793 and it situated within the fortified walls of famous Vieux Quebec. It is classified as an Historic Monument by the Government of Quebec and has a 4 "sun" rating. Our tastefully decorated guest rooms have Queen-sized beds for your comfort. We offer two rooms, each with one Queen-sized bed, and the third room has two Queen-sized beds. Our entire home is protected by a well maintained fire detection system that is monitored all the time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Maison Historique James Thompson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maison Historique James Thompson Hotel Quebec City
- Maison Historique James Thompson Quebec/Quebec City