My wife and I stayed there for 4 nights in June, 2013. It was a great experience! Quebec became one of our most wonderful places we've ever visited and surely a part of this experience was due to the place where we stayed. Besides not meeting Greg, Guitta was very friendly and helpful everyday we stayed there. We get to this B&B in the evening (after a long trip by bus) and she was waiting for us. She gave us very helpful information about the B&B and the city, she served us fresh breakfast everyday (she made some pancakes) and she also gave us a lift to the train station.
The house is well decorated with great furniture. The room was very spacious and the bathroom was good (however our bathroom had "glass walls" and a curtain). The bed was very large and comfortable. The only downside was the wood floor. When our "neighbours" were about to leave or when they got up ealier than us, we could listen to every step they made in the room above (but we've not heard any noise else).
This cozy B&B lies in a very good area in old Quebec in a very quiet street and it is not far to restaurants, the city walls and the main attractions - or Frontenac and Saint Laurent river, I mean = )
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our home was built in 1793 and it situated within the fortified walls of famous Vieux Quebec. It is classified as an Historic Monument by the Government of Quebec and has a 4 "sun" rating. Our tastefully decorated guest rooms have Queen-sized beds for your comfort. We offer two rooms, each with one Queen-sized bed, and the third room has two Queen-sized beds. Our entire home is protected by a well maintained fire detection system that is monitored all the time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Maison Historique James Thompson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maison Historique James Thompson Hotel Quebec City
- Maison Historique James Thompson Quebec/Quebec City