You are very fortunate if you are able to book a room at Maison Historique James Thompson. The delicious breakfasts include a fresh fruit salad, homemade croissants and then your choice of made to order eggs, sausage, french toast, pancakes, etc. We stayed five nights and Gita baked a different pastry each morning. The rooms are huge with beautiful woodwork, private bathroom and very comfortable beds. There are charming sitting areas upstairs and down. The James Thompson is located in a quiet residential neighborhood, but central to every activity. It was so easy to walk into the heart of the city, the Plains of Abraham and to the Citadel to see the changing of the guard. We could walk to the Parliament Building, the beautiful stone wall that surrounds the city and to the lively Rue Saint-Jean Excellent restaurants and historic sites surrounded us. Gita and her family are very sweet and accommodating. They reserved our taxis and were very knowledgeable about local history and current events. It was a true pleasure to get to know them. We most highly recommend this wonderful bed and breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our home was built in 1793 and it situated within the fortified walls of famous Vieux Quebec. It is classified as an Historic Monument by the Government of Quebec and has a 4 "sun" rating. Our tastefully decorated guest rooms have Queen-sized beds for your comfort. We offer two rooms, each with one Queen-sized bed, and the third room has two Queen-sized beds. Our entire home is protected by a well maintained fire detection system that is monitored all the time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Maison Historique James Thompson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maison Historique James Thompson Hotel Quebec City
- Maison Historique James Thompson Quebec/Quebec City