“Wonderful Restaurant in Vieux Quebec”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bello Ristorante

Bello Ristorante
Ranked #15 of 1,433 Restaurants in Quebec City
Price range: US$11 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Downtown Quebec City
Description: Une ambiance enivrante, un accueil chaleureux comme si vous arriviez chez des amis, un décor d’un chic exemplaire, une cuisine italienne noble, voici ce qui vous attend au Bello… Des pâtes fraîches, des risottos de première qualité, des tartares. Ne manquez pas aussi les pizzas cuites au four à bois !! Terminez votre repas en choisissant l’un des cafés ou desserts Il Flammato, qui sont flambés directement à votre table!! Bienvenu au BELLO & Buon Appetito!!!
Providence, Rhode Island
“Wonderful Restaurant in Vieux Quebec”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

My partner and I stayed in the hotel to the right of this restaurant, and decided that we would celebrate our last night (and birthdays) here.

As soon as you walk in you can tell this is a pretty trendy place based on the clientele and decor which is decorated in black, red and gold. Celebrity photos taken with wait staff hang in their restrooms, and we noticed that at least one of them was Hugh Hefner. It's a lovely space with great atmosphere, though a little tightly packed. Mind you, it was a Saturday night. Best to make reservations ahead of time.

We first ordered our drinks from a lovely waiter who brought them out immediately as well as great crusty bread they make in-house. Now the only complaint I have is the length of time we waited on our food - one hour. I can excuse a half hour based on the amount of people they had to serve, but we did not find out what was happening until my partner approached our waiter. Apparently, they had overcooked my risotto and had to start from scratch.

Here is where Bello really shined for us, though. The waiter gave us each two free drinks and free dessert to compensate for the time we waited, and I have to give them credit for not wanting to serve me a dish they felt was not up to their standards. The meals were absolutely delicious. As I said, I had a risotto which was cooked to perfection with shrimp/prawn that literally melted in my mouth, and my partner had an arugula pizza with some of the most amazing thin crust I've ever tasted. As it was our birthdays, they brought us each a slice of chocolate tiramisu cake with sparklers over each one, compliments of the house.

Although we waited a long time, our waiter took very good care of us and made up for it. I would highly recommend this restaurant. Just be mindful of the possible wait time, especially on a weekend. Not the place to pop in if you're looking for a quick meal.

• Visited August 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Washington, dc
“Fabulous meal and great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Ate here on our second night in QC and was not disappointed. While we spent some money on the meal it was worth every penny. I had the risotto with veal and it was delicious. Others in our party had pizza and that was great too. The staff was very attentive and polite. Cynthia, our server, was excellent and worked with us as our daughter has a food allergy. The decor is nice. I recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a great Italian meal.

Visited August 2014
Chelsea, Canada
“One of the best restaurant I have tried in Québec”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

We discovered this restaurant for the first time in August, this year. We were actually looking for a restaurant that would open a bit later so that we could enjoy a nice meal with friends after attending the Cirque du Soleil, Kurios. So, we ended at that restaurant, highly recommend by our friends. And… we were not disappointed at all! Right the minute we entered, we were greeted warmly. And, even at 10:30 p.m., the place was full! The restaurant is very chic and has a large terrace. Unfortunately, there was no room on the terrace and part of it was closed due to the rain. Nevertheless, we enjoyed our seating area very much. They have a very good menu is price is reasonable for that kind of restaurant. The average price for a meal, per person, would be around 50$ (salad and main dish). We were recommended the Lobster Risotto (around 30$)… and this is exactly what we had. It was delicious. We even had the Lobster Salad… another great choice. If you are a wine lover, you can also book the private “Salon” with a group and enjoy their best wine selection. The atmosphere was very good and there was always staff coming to our table to ask if everything was OK. It’s definitely a place to discover if you want to have dinner in a chic restaurant with excellent food… the ambiance is extraordinary and so is the service. Located on Saint-Louis, the restaurant is easily accessible. Parking in the area is limited and the one-way streets can also be a pain. So, walking remains your best bet.

• Visited August 2014
“Great food, unfriendly staff.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

My wife in I stopped in for dinner, the food was really good. The staff on the other hand was not friendly. I am a server myself and know what it is like to be busy but the servers seemed very pushy and bothered that they had to wait on us.

Montreal
“Great atmosphere.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

Young owners. Young menu. Young waiters. Great food. Great wine list. Highly recommended. Risotto was quite good.

Visited August 2014