“Food had all run out, a little bit dirty”

Restaurant Tomas Tam
Ranked #981 of 1,499 Restaurants in Quebec City
Cuisines: Chinese, International
Dining options: Buffet
Dining options: Buffet
Reviewed 30 May 2014

To start off, the buffet at this restaurant was subpar. Many of the foods that I wanted were out of stock and my wonton soup was tasteless. It tasted next to plain water and had no wonton. I waited in line 30 mins to get a bowl of ice cream. When I eventually got my bowl, the ice cream was all mixed together which left an unpleasant feeling in my mouth so I did not touch it after that. The bathroom was tiny and there must have been an issue with the draining as there was at least 9 cm of water on the floor. The reason I am not giving it a one star is because they served Pepsi branded soft drinks which I prefer over Coca-Cola. Overall, very unsatisfying meal, gross meal.

1  Thank Kbergs123

Reviewed 14 January 2014

We were disappointed with the quality of the buffet. The food we tried di not taste that great. However the pricing and service was good.

1  Thank Peter T
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Went on Christmas Eve around 7 p.m. and the buffet was pretty bare. We were informed that if there are something we wanted that wasn't there, it would be made and brought to our table. Lots to choose from but nothing really great. Either really salty, bland, or really greasy. Especially disappointing was the General Tao chicken, imperial rolls and egg rolls. Tough, little filling and greasy. Lots of desserts but not policed very well as I say young children go to the dessert bar, pick something up with their hands and replace it on the tray again! Don't think I would try this place again.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Make sure you got room in your stomach before sitting there .... It's all of a buffet, not just Chinese but also "Canadian" stuff , etcetera ..... and it's also a great value ....

3  Thank GoBolts4
Reviewed 21 March 2013

I went to the one on Marais.

The spare ribs and other meats were very tough to chew on. The meat certainly does not fall off the bone like those I make. Everything was very salty except the desserts of course! The rouleau du Printemps were soggy, the egg rolls had little in them and everything, vegetables included was salty and greasy.
The desserts are the same one's as in all those Chinese buffets: not very good!
I must say though that the service is good. But this said I definitely don't recommend this place.

1  Thank Shou1