“Unexpected superb beer and lovely menu - fantastique!”

Le Trou du diable - Broue Pub et Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 118 Restaurants in Shawinigan
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Lovingly prepared dishes, large portions, accompanied by superb brewed-on-premises beer. Warm pub-style décor, lots of dark wood and knick knacks. Attentive service - really, nothing to fault, here just a fantastic dining experience.

1  Thank Omillett

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Please make a reservation as the place may be quite busy! The choices of beers all make on site are great. The food is also very good. We share a salad and then tried a the pasta of the day and the fish and Chip and they were both incredibly tasty and good. The cooking is made by real chefs! I highly recommend it!

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Just stopped in for one beer. We tried a Pitoune and an IPA, both really good (and strong). We didn't eat anything but what I saw on the menu and on other people's plates looked and smelled good. I found sitting indoors was a bit dark, more windows for natural light would be nice. The servers were friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

This microbrewery is a excellent place to eat and drink.
They have many beer, you can order a tray of 4 glass to taste some of them. All beers we taste was really good. The menu is varied, you can get cheap plates (burger, pasta, steak..) and gastronomic plates (scallop, duck, bison, deer,..)

The place is a bit noisy.. it isn't a place to relax ;)
This restaurant seems really popular, when we tried to reserve we had not much choice of time.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

Very nice site - Very special, tasty and well documented beers - Enjoyable experience - Food is good (some nice selections, others are very standard, but all to expensive) - Young and noisy - On my way out I noticed that Dogs were accepted in the outdoor seating area - If I knew before, I would not have been in!