“Tripadvisor put my review onto LE Bouchon in error!!!!!!”
Review of Antiquarius - CLOSED

Antiquarius
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 February 2013

We LOVED Antiquarious.music was cool and not intrusive, wait staff was helpful and enthusiastic , wine list as short but decent and reasonable, food - especially the appetizers - were superb, unique. Foodie's delight . Prices were reasonable for the level of cuisine.
Please go there..

Reviewed 2 February 2013 via mobile

Welcoming beginning and the appetizers arrived ! Wow! Exotic mushrooms atop pistachio parsnip puree! Yum. Perfectly dressed artfully arranged beet salad.the table D'Hote is a great value, included the perfectly spiced tomato chipotle soup -and coffee and dessert. Cassoulet was warming in this snowy night. The special cobia fish over wilted greens with wasabi mayo was rely delicious too. Best Creme brûlée , airy cheesecake and I won't even describe the sift center warm chocolate ' mud' pie- in the menu but we just had to as it was included !
Did I mention the reasonable priced wines which our server recommended from the short but decent choices.?
The music was so appropriate (? Sonny Rollins etc)

Reviewed 1 February 2013

I have travelled to Sherbrooke numerous times for business, and the dining in the city is excellent overall. My most recent dining experience was at Antiquarius, and the restaurant has moved to the top of my list for dining experiences. The service at the restaurant was top-notch, with the proper amount of attention being presented to our table. The young gentleman serving our party was attentive to our needs, presented us great options for wine choice, and had a thorough understanding of the menu. The food was exceptional. Interestingly, the menu was inspired and created by a young chef who has a true knack for cooking. The menu was incredible - wild boar, bison, local sausages, all prepared with a touch of flair and taste from heaven! After our meal, I had the opportunity to meet the chef and was impressed by his passion for cooking as well as having the restaurant succeed. For a great dining experience, be prepared to have a relaxing dining experience - do yourself a favor - take your time and enjoy this great establishment. I will definitely be coming back to Antiquarius the next time I visit Sherbrooke.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

The service at this restaurant was very friendly, the food was very good, and the decor was very nice. I would go back if I were in Sherbrooke again.

1  Thank aj2taylo
Reviewed 21 September 2010

Decor : very attractive, place was a bit dead but is was Sunday night. The antiques are great, but that was it. Despite the decor, atmosphere was lacking.

Food : Salads very poor for prices of $12-14. My wife had the boeuf tartar which was mediocre ; it was basiacally another salad with a bit of brown "something" smeared on the edge of the plate. A total mystery dish. I had the sole is butter sauce....looked like breaded sol form a frozen package, lukewarm swimming in butter. It was accompanied by almost-cold rice(caked hard in places) and barely warm whole carrots---definitely felt like leftovers from someone else. For $18 I took a very small nibble and sent it back.
Totally disgraceful. They at least did not try to charge for it

Bill : for a bottle of wine and 2 salads(plus my wife'sentree of another salad) the bill was $87. We ended up going to another place after for some paninis to fill up after.

Not sure what is up with this place and if this was a one -off, but will never darken their door again.

2  Thank gdesmond61