“Good for sleeping”

Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Sherbrooke
Sarasota, FL
“Good for sleeping”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

If I was going to spend more than one night in Sherbrooke I would probably book somewhere else, but if I just needed a place to crash for the night, I would go back. I know this sounds like a negative review, but that isn't my intention. The hotel/motel doesn't pretend to be a swanky place, and it isn't. It is a old place that is in pretty good shape, clean and comfortable. The AC in our room was struggling to keep up, but it wasn't uncomfortably warm, just a tad warmer than we wanted.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
North of North Bay,ON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

Booked in for a 3 night stay in mid-June,2013. Room was nice, free buffet breakfast available and included fresh fruit, make your own toast, cold cereal, cold juice, bagels and pastry choices. Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond our control, we were obliged to cut our stay short by one night. We informed our hosts about the need to leave earlier than planned and we treated with courtesy and efficiency. We will be returning to the area in a few weeks and have already made reservations for our next stay with them. A pleasant staff, decent rooms and rates. Consider it if you will be in the Sherbrooke/Lennoxville area of Quebec.

Room Tip: You will hear street noise, but no more than any other motel.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Richard H
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

I stayed at this hotel in February (2013) for 3 nights, and everything about the hotel exceeded my expectations!!! From the friendly and helpful greeting at arrival, The cleanliness of the room ( spotless) and ALL of my encounters with the HANDS-ON owner and pleasant staff !!! Granted, I did stay in one of the honeymoon suites with my girlfriend ..... so I cannot attest to what a stay in one of the smaller rooms might be like, but the honeymoon suites are HUGE, and well worth the upgrade!!! I only tried the free continental breakfast for one morning, but it was fresh, nicely laid out and adequately stocked with food !!! I just read one review which stated that the beds were hard and the pillows were lumpy, and I can assure you that was NOT the same experience I had !! The HUMONGOUS bed in the honeymoon suite was extremely comfortable, as well as the four plush oversized pillows!!! If you are looking for marble staircases and crystal chandaliers, then I suggest you go stay at THE HILTON for $400/night ...... but if you are looking for a pleasant experience within your budget, you cannot go wrong with this hotel !!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Glen823
Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed at this motel this past August. The motel is dated with some upgrades. Pets were allowed so we were happy about that. Front desk staff were pleasant but not helpful when it came to helping us with our issues. As you can imagine, August is hot. The motel had window air conditioning units but old ones. Of course we turned ours on not only was it extremely loud as it cycled on and off every 5 minutes, it didn't blow cool air. It was 90 degrees in our room! When we complained about the air conditioning issue the owner came to our room to fix it. He looked at it and said it wasn't broken. Three visits to our room later with the temperature climbing, he finally admitted it was not working but could not move us to another room or replace the unit with a working unit. He pulled $50 out of his pocket to appease us and said don't tell my wife! Ridiculous! Thank goodness we were on our way to a cottage and brought a table fan with us that helped blow the hot air around. This motel could be improved with new linens and towels. I could actually see through my facecloth and towel! Will not ever return...

Room Tip: Just don't stay there. No good rooms.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank S_LpCanada

Travellers are raving about these Sherbrooke hotels

Penetanguishene, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2012 via mobile

This is an older motel, growing up in area I remember it in the 60's. But it has been renovated and updated. Clean and well kept.

Breakfast is good. A nice stop over if in Lennoxville area.

Downtown is walking distance, although parking anywhere is not a huge issue anywhere in surrounding area.

Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Home_Inspection
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

This little motel is very clean and some rooms have been recently refurbished. It was great for a quick stopover on a road trip. It has a clean pool. They put out an ample continental breakfast. There was a ten dollar rate reduction on weeknights. Convenient location and friendly service.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank hilmcleod
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

Stayed here for a night on my way to Montreal and was pleasantly surprised. The owner (or I presume) was very nice and was quick with everything. The room was clean and comfy and everything was definitely up to standards. The bar/restaurant area was pretty nice and there is a pool table as well. Will definitely stay here again if I am ever in Sherbrooke again :)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo