“Hottub, Fireplace, Big Beds!!”

Hotel & Motel La Marquise
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Sherbrooke
Montreal, Canada
“Hottub, Fireplace, Big Beds!!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I've stayed at this hotel many times. I really suggest you rent a suite with a hot tub. The prices are really good during the week and about 20$ more per night on Fridays and Saturdays. They also have regular motel rooms with decent rates. Same rates as most motels around the Sherbrooke area. This one remains my favorite with many memories. It is located between Sherbrooke and Lennoxville just up Wellington street from Downtown Sherbrooke where you'll be able to find all the Bars, Clubs, Restaurants. It's a 10$ cab ride if you plan on having a long night...

P.S I'm sorry I left with your key last time :S

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank AnthonyJa86

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Was passing through on the way back to US. The motel is just 30 min. to the US boarder! Not just average motel, exceeding our expectation. The room is large and clean, has everything you need in a hotel. Staffs are friendly and helpful. The place looks old and the interior decor is outdated, but it does the job of providing a clean, quiet, safe place to stay. They have rooms with small pantry, if you plan to stay long and do your own cooking. The outdoor swimming pool is currently under construction.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Soxblue
northern california
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Flew into Montreal and had no reservation as we were driving for a bit out of town. To make a long story short, could not find a room!! By 1AM we were desperate. A very nice man at a downtown hotel found us this room. It was clean and it did the job. This is not a negative review, but stating my opinion. It is old and out of town, not fancy, but clean and we slept well. The hosts were wonderful and were very friendly. We were happy to find a place that late a night, nothing was open and no rooms available. Probably would not be first choice, but like I said any port in the storm and this fit the bill.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank zimms4golf
New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed at a warm and tastefully decorated room on the second floor during my visit back in March. The room was clean and well maintained. The staff was really helpful, which made my stay pleasant. Breakfast was of typical continental style. By the way, make sure you try their homemade banana cake!

• Stayed March 2014
4 Thank Sashadel1130
Val-d'Or, Québec, Canada
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We as a sport group out for a competition were confirmed 10 non-smoking rooms on the 1st floor; they had given out two(...), so we were offered 2 smoking rooms, or 2 rooms in the basement, we took the basement room... NOT a 3 stars room - as my group of girls said, the only thing that even made it to 1 star was that there was electricity and "on/off" working WI-FI. The rooms were "relatively" clean (we did however find a bug in a bed and a very, very old and dusty spider web in the washroom) and the beds were comfortable... that's where the positive comments end!!! The rooms were way outdated, paint scraped off the walls, many, many cigarette burns on the carpet, bath, furniture... everything was used to the core; the bedding, bath, furniture, even the walls had holes in them, the cabinets were broken, the washroom door did not lock, no fan in the washroom, and on/off hot water. We had two towels and one facecloth for a room of four, fortunately, the girls were in the pool all day and could wash at the pool complex. The breakfast was basic but ok. One thing is sure, this room goes on our red list of places not to go back when out on competitions... or for any other occasions.

Room Tip: Choose elsewhere, and if you must stay there because out of options, require a room on the main floo...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank kellkath

Travellers are raving about these Sherbrooke hotels

Saint John, Canada
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stopped by Sherbrooke during our holiday trip to Montreal and stayed here overnight. We were pretty tired by the time we arrived Sherbrooke after a long day of driving. Got one of the suites on the second floor with warm chic decor. Thumb up, La Marquise.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nancy P
Longueuil, Canada
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Went to the hotel to sleep one night because we wanted to spend the weekend in the townships for townshippers day. I booked the suite room 200 which was supposed to come with a hot tub that I was told by phone, could fit four people, a pull out bed, a regular bed and cable. I found the price for the hotel stay to be somewhat expensive but seeing I had a 40$ gift certificate that I got at a silent auction for 12$ I thought I might as well try it out. First off, we had two tvs..one that was older then my grandpa and didn't include cable or a remote, you had to pull to it turn on. This tv was probably 32'', the other one that had a remote, was suspended from the ceiling and was maybe a 15'' at most. The bedding was very ordinary, I really didn't feel like they made any effort to make it inviting. The lights were very small and so the lighting wasn't that good. The lights above the hot tub were burned and the hot tub was only big enough for two maybe three if everyone sat with their knees to chest. I was annoyed but I waited to see what the breakfast would be like the next day. Breakfast was serve yourself, stale croissants in a Tupperware container, put me off the other pastries. I made a toast and ate a banana, took an orange and some sealed muffins and told the desk clerk about my stay and how I didn't think it right that I was being charged almost 200$ after tax, 165 after my gift certificate for the room that I received. The desk clerk didn't seem to care, did not offer me a discount nothing. I feel like I've been ripped off, I am never ever going back.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family