“Maybe the best pub in town”
Review of Siboire

Siboire
Ranked #5 of 357 Restaurants in Sherbrooke
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Siboire is quickly establishing itself as the brasserie (pub) to beat in the Sherbrooke area. They have amazing beer they brew on location and great pub fare food as well. Add to that a staff that is really top-notch in their knowledge of their product and eager to communicate with customers in a friendly manner as well. For those visitors from outside Canada, Sherbrooke is a predominantly French city with a fairly big English speaking minority. Most times that I’ve visited Siboire, I am always impressed with the staff’s desire to communicate in English. My friends and I are all bilingual, but each time we begin our orders in French, the waiters usually always switch to English. Often they will tell us they are happy to practice their English and there will be a situation where we talk back and forth in our respective second language. You can’t beat that kind of positive attitude, especially when it’s connected with excellent beer and good food!

1  Thank Prof_Stone

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I read the reviews about Siboire serving the best Fish and Chips in the province and although the statement is a little pretentious as there a good many such establishments, this is definitely in my top 5. The current location is located in the train station in the heart of the city and can accommodate a great number of hungry patrons. As it is first and foremost a microbrewery, the fermentation tanks are visible and they actually sell small barrels to take out. The menu is brasserie fare but the Fish and Chips are their specialty. The coleslaw has a touch of grated fennel which gives it a different tang and is quite pleasant. The tartar sauce is homemade and very creamy, loved it! We had the haddock in beer batter and it was flaky, tender and white. The chips were "allumettes" and cooked to perfection, golden and crispy. The beers were also very good, reminiscent of Europeen varieties. We were informed that they are opening in a new location August 8th, and that the new location will have a different menu, a little more refined with no fried food. Can't wait to see the menu! Will look forward to our next foray to the Townships to try them again in their new format!

2  Thank shawnmontreal
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I usually go there to watch live sports or when I am waiting for a bus at the bus station nearby. It has very good food, fast service and a nice atmosphere. The fish and chips are a must, no doubt. Great on-the-go food as well, fast 20 minute lunch.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

This is the best salad I ate. A small selection of beer but it gives a good description and they are all good. A beautiful building, a former train station. Beautiful atmosphere.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Went there with friends. Amazing selection of beer brewed on the spot. The place itself look amazing and comforting.We tried the cod and salmon fish and chips and...best fish and chip since last time I was in London! If you pass by sherbrooke, the siboire is an absolute mandatory stop. There's notting close to compete with this place in town.

1  Thank gstcyrf