See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 September 2015

Celine and Alexis are the penultimate hosts, wanting to make you as comfortable as possible. We arrived late, and they still welcomed us warmly, and then helped us find a restaurant that was still open for dinner. Alexis didn't want us to park om the street, was worried about our car, so asked us to park in his driveway in front of his garage. The breakfast was exquisite. There were spoon rests for our silverware, little pedestals with doilies for our muffins, delicious homemade bread and jams. We felt like we were in France, everything presented with grace and style.

Room Tip: The rooms are up one or two or three flights of stairs, so be prepared to carry your luggage!
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2015

We enjoyed our stay in this very comfortable and well-appointed B&B. It is tastefully decorated, as its name suggests, in French Provençal style. The hosts are friendly and go out of their way to make guests at ease. Alexis and Céline were very helpful in recommending dinner options and providing driving directions to and from the B&B. It is in an attractive neighborhood, easy to reach from the highways into Sherbrooke, and close to downtown restaurants. Sherbrooke is an excellent portal site to Quebec province for travelers, like us, from (or returning to) the US via VT or NH. We would stay again with pleasure.

Room Tip: Aix-en-Provence was very nice. Avignon and Arles probably equally good.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pierre P
Reviewed 10 June 2015 via mobile

I met Alexis and Celine last week, very attentive, they emailed me prior to my arrival asking the approximate time and if I had any questions on how to arrive. The bedroom was spacious, pristine and with those little touches only the french hosts can do. The breakfast was delicious: fruits, yogurt, crèpe au fromage (with maple syrup) and the yummy "bol of café au lait". I should mention they don't accept credit card so be prepared either with cash or check. Would definitely stay again!

Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 May 2015

We decided to try a B&B instead of the hotels so that we could experience a little local color and atmosphere. After much research we chose Charmes de Provence B & B in Sherbrooke...the only problem was finding it since map names and street sign names are not necessarily the same. But when we did arrive at this quaint yellow & blue trimmed home, we were impressed by the grounds and the immediate warm welcome by the owner, Alexis and his wife Celine - who together are the chef, bellman, housekeeper and all around information source. We stayed in one of the 3 rooms on the second floor [they live on the 3rd floor], with a front view of the lawn and flower beds. Our room was very comfy, with Queen bed and sofa-sitting area. The bath was a bit small but adequate. Nicely decorated room and house, free wifi, and a great breakfast [served at your leisure - we slept till 9 - with home chef Alexis making baked apple, followed by passion fruit in creme fresh, then cheese omlet...even gluten-free toast [Alexis called me to ask if I had any allergies before we arrived]...with homemade blueberry sauce...and great coffee - very French we were told, but tasty. In all a great breakfast. Our second day we had crepes, fresh fruit and toast. Plenty to eat, great friendly service, and very nice people. This is a very comfortable place to stay and you have the run of the first floor living room to watch TV or simply relax. In all a very nice experience. Great downtown location near everything there is to see in Sherbrooke - which has a very artisty atmosphere with 14 giant murals and 3 museums...plus this quaint town is somewhat of a picture itself.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Neal S
Reviewed 27 April 2015

I agree with everyone's comments! I stayed there last week and wouldn't hesitate for 1 minute to recommend this charming B&B! I will definitely stay there every time I return to Sherbrooke! Felicitations!

Room Tip: Any room is a good room, I am certain!
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business