See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 January 2016

After almost two years of traveling to Sherbrooke, as my son attends Bishops University, I've found my place until he graduates! Although everything and every detail of this charming and superbly located guest house - the spacious and beautifully decorated rooms, the cozy, inviting living room, the delicious breakfast (one morning: juice, pot o' coffee, fresh fruit, yogurt, baked apple, omelet, toast) - makes for a uniquely satisfying experience, it's the caring, warm owners, Alexis and Celine, that stamps Charmes de Provence into memory. On the second night of my two night stay, I brought my son in from a cold early evening to say hello. For some 45 minutes, he was engaged in a lively conversation, with Alexis and Celine, about his university studies, his impressions of Quebec, etc....The next morning I grabbed my son early from his house off campus for a another delightful (and slowly eaten) breakfast at Charmes...indeed, the name really says it all.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Robert W
Reviewed 5 October 2015

This private house turned into a B&B conveys a charming French country house, but it is conveniently located near good restaurants. The bedroom and bathroom were perfect, cheerful comfortable, sparkling clean, and full of character. Our hosts Alexis and Celine couldn't have been more welcoming. The breakfast was the best we've ever had, with wonderful crepes, homemade bread, maple syrup, yogurt, etc. We strongly recommend!

Room Tip: We loved Avignon! All rooms seem quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2015

Celine and Alexis are the penultimate hosts, wanting to make you as comfortable as possible. We arrived late, and they still welcomed us warmly, and then helped us find a restaurant that was still open for dinner. Alexis didn't want us to park om the street, was worried about our car, so asked us to park in his driveway in front of his garage. The breakfast was exquisite. There were spoon rests for our silverware, little pedestals with doilies for our muffins, delicious homemade bread and jams. We felt like we were in France, everything presented with grace and style.

Room Tip: The rooms are up one or two or three flights of stairs, so be prepared to carry your luggage!
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2015

We enjoyed our stay in this very comfortable and well-appointed B&B. It is tastefully decorated, as its name suggests, in French Provençal style. The hosts are friendly and go out of their way to make guests at ease. Alexis and Céline were very helpful in recommending dinner options and providing driving directions to and from the B&B. It is in an attractive neighborhood, easy to reach from the highways into Sherbrooke, and close to downtown restaurants. Sherbrooke is an excellent portal site to Quebec province for travelers, like us, from (or returning to) the US via VT or NH. We would stay again with pleasure.

Room Tip: Aix-en-Provence was very nice. Avignon and Arles probably equally good.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pierre P
Reviewed 10 June 2015 via mobile

I met Alexis and Celine last week, very attentive, they emailed me prior to my arrival asking the approximate time and if I had any questions on how to arrive. The bedroom was spacious, pristine and with those little touches only the french hosts can do. The breakfast was delicious: fruits, yogurt, crèpe au fromage (with maple syrup) and the yummy "bol of café au lait". I should mention they don't accept credit card so be prepared either with cash or check. Would definitely stay again!

Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business