“good value”

Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Sherbrooke
Montreal, Canada
“good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

stay up to two nights, unique hotel with history, staff are friendly and the owner is very kind, gave us lot of information about the city. it is different from the those chain hotel same layout same design, if you seeking something unique, pay a stay, it is worth it.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank miniWblue

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Quispamsis, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2012

I made my reservation at this hotel using an online site. When we arrived at the hotel, the staff had no record of the reservation. Very quickly, professionally and appropriately the front desk staff referred me to the manager who handled my situation. Although there was a slight language barrier, they were able to provide great service. High, high marks for staff service.
Our room was clean, but it is certainly showing its age. Parts of the room seemed to have been upgraded recently, but the windows and general atmosphere certainly say "aged".
My better half and I were able to get a good night's sleep, but if we return to Sherbrooke we will stay closer to the city centre. (A taxi from this motel to the QMJHL arena was $25)
Overall, the motel was a warm, dry place to sleep on a weekend of travelling, and not a bad deal for the price.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Marla-Doug
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

We are a large family that was travelling to Sherbrooke for a sports event at Bishops. Jardins de ville was one of the only options that we could find that offered a "condo style" accomodation. We had seen the english reviews and were a little concerned. But most were old and the french reviews were more recent and seemed better.

The condo was large enough for our family of 6 with 2 bedrooms and lots of kitchen and living room space. But when we walked in the entire place really smelled of stale smoke and the rooms had a weathered look. The ceiling tiles were stained and grubby looking and the rooms other than the bathroom was generally poorly lit.

I was a little disappointed that when we booked the condo they didn't bother telling us that the condos permit smoking in them - as evidenced by the ash tray on the kitchen table.

The pull out sofa bed in the living room was in really rough shape and not fit for an adult to sleep on. The bathroom had a huge jacuzzi bath tub that the kids loved but the floor to ceiling mirrors and stained ceiling were certainly distracting.

The outdoor pool was small but seemed clean and the kids enjoyed it when they were able to use it - it was closed down when it rained.

In fairness, while it looked shabby, the beds were comfortable, the place was clean, just had a bit of a worn out feel to it. We had very limited interaction with the staff but they seemed fine and were friendly enough.

If you don't mind the cosmetics being a little below average and the smell of smoke, this wasn't bad value for money. It was a little far to Bishops university campus and to Sherbrooke downtown.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Bill D
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

I stayed here for one night while on a business trip to Sherbrooke. I needed a room on the fly and ended up stopping here because I saw it from the road. The property itself is pretty average with no real curb appeal; However, I was extremely impressed with the staff at the front desk. They were so nice and extremely helpful!! I would stay here again solely because of how positive that experience was. The rooms are clean, well maintained, but a little outdated. The bathroom (at least in my room) appeared to have been recently renovated. For the price this was an outstanding value.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank rpmurph
St. Albert
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2011

We rented one of the suites/apartments and stayed here as a stopover on a family vacation to the maritimes.

We were not impressed. The accomodations are very old and dated. The rooms smelled badly of cigarette smoke and the carpets were old and heavily solied. There were spots on the carpet that were clearing stained by pets - though the hotels claims that it doesn't allow pets. The door on one of the rooms was charred where it had caught fire at one point - investigating further I noticed that when in the open position the door rested against the electric baseboard heater. The shower and walls were dirty and the windows were so filthy that you couldn't see out. I guess it's only saving grace was that the sheets apperaed to be clean and free of "critters".

But the charge for the room was the real insult. I've stayed in crappy places before but I paid very little and expected as much going in. In this case the rate would lead you to believe that the place was a four star, in reality a one star might be generous.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Steelcity7

Travellers are raving about these Sherbrooke hotels

Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2011

This hotel is dark, gloomy, dated and depressing. Some of the reviews sounded good so we thought we would try it. We wished we had not. The heating unit was so noisy, it was hard to sleep. It literally woke us up in the night. The room was so dark I could barely see my husband unless he was standing 1 inch away. I would not recommend this hotel or ever stay there again.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Halls2
Orlando, FL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2010

It is not typical for me to write reviews, but I had to this time... If you want to be able sleep in your hotel room do not stay here! We stayed two nights and only slept for about ten minutes at a time. The air conditioning wall until was so LOUD! If you are lucky enough to fall asleep between cylcles you will get a rude awakening when the air kicks back on. It almost sounds like a gun shot and then it rattles very loudly until it turns off. In addition the a/c, the walls are so thin you can hear when your neighboor turns the sink on and when someone takes steps above you.

I will say the hotel is very clean and the staff was friendly at check-in. As far as I am concerned the most important thing is to able to sleep in a hotel and that was impossible.

• Stayed July 2010