“Needs Attention”

Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Trois-Rivieres
New Brunswick, Canada
“Needs Attention”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Just returned from a 3 night stay. When we arrived there was no hotel parking available. We were told to park on the street. The hotel itself was a little dated . They are in the process of renovating it. Our room was on the 2nd floor. The halls were a little on the dirty side as well as corners in the room. The bathroom had some paint issues and very small. There is no bar fridge or microwave. The air condition was not working an was very sticky. The beds were hard. The hotel advertises that there is wifi but was no existent. We I asked they simply said the system is overloaded. The staff seemed to be put out due to the numerous complaints about the air condition problem and overall cleanliness . When I asked again about the parking for Saturday evening I was met with a stern "just park on the street "answer! Not a big deal but thought they could have be a little more accommodating. They do offer a breakfast in the hotel. Not sure if it was worth $54.00 for 2 adults and 2 children.
The location is conveniently located and is within walking distance to Forges Street.
In closing I'm not sure I would return. After doing some research I found that I could have received a better room and probably better service at a hotel down the road.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank JDUB2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Its 5 minutes from Forges street, 10 min to the river. The river area is very pretty and seems to have boat tours in the summer. Many restaurants and cafes near by. Its also walking distance (6 min) to the Salle Antonio J-Thompson, a nice old theatre. There is a spagetti family restaurant right next to the hotel. The hotel is hold. We got 2 rooms, both were clean, I mean clean, the caulk around the bath is new. Small showers, very small, they would benefit from the circular curtain polls we see more and more in hotels. 2 rooms because there were teens when we got there, boys, yelling and running, I didn't want to hear them party all night. I requested another room, I was told they had a security guard starting at 9PM. I again requested a room on a different floor. I got one without fuss, one floor up, not per my booking request though, which was 2 Queen, we ended up with 1 Queen. Its upsetting that we have be the ones affected by those young teens travelling with schools. I sometimes wonder if hotels are not booking all the kids on the same floor. I was with my 13 yrs old!! Next time I'll book differently. Noise from the corridor comes right to the room,very clear. You can also hear your neighbour going to the bathroom and talk. Its a little annoying. But once everyone is in bed on the floor and above the floor, you sleep nice. Their staff was extremely nice.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I stayed for a business trip at this hotel during a snow storm... The room are big but a bit dated. I had a diner in the room when I arrive. It was nice dishes and it take 30mn to get it. Next morning I had breakfast at the hotel. It was ok but almost no waiter in the room. It took almost 20 minutes to get the check!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Saint-Hubert, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I really appreciated the room and restaurants, the food was delicious in this hotel, they even made sure that my vegan diet was fulfilled from the soup to the desert. The conference accommodations were more than adequate. Just perfect. Merci.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Came in without a reservation at night. Location is great and hotel looks nice from the outside. The place has a lot of potential, but needs a major interior upgrade. The rooms are out of the 1960's, the TV is old style with only a few channels, old coffee maker that is broken, old tired carpeting in the rooms.
On the positive the front staff was very friendly, parking is in an underground garage, which is nice, especially in the winter

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Steve L

Travellers are raving about these Trois-Rivieres hotels

Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I have given 3 stars to this hotels as they have exceptionally good quality restaurant and fresh breakfast. The location is the best one you can find in Three rivers. Restaurant has a very modernistic outlook sort of contrasting the hotel interior.

The hotel rooms are clean but really old and by old I don't mean vintage. They are in dire need of reconstruction. My colleague stayed in the adjacent room to me and we can practically hear each other using toilet, watching TV (they still have old school CRT's) and showering. The gym is very minimalist with a couple of equipment here and there.

The front desk staff was not very amused to serve us. Some of them could use some smiles. We paid $125 per night. Not a bang for the buck for sure.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Ardsley on Hudson, NY
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Very nice Hotel, friendly bi-lingual staff (French overwhelming language in area) Friendly in restaurant as well- actually advised us after order that they had something else that may be more suitable suitable for what we were looking for and we had opportunity to change)) . Great location for walking the downtown area. Very nice outdoor pool for a hotel suitable for doing laps (not one of those kidney shaped visually appealing but not funtional for serious swimmmer type pools)_HOWEVER- real draw back if you want to use in morning they are closed until 11 because it is run by the restaurant and not the hotel itself. Also the "exercise room" is , frankly, a joke. Two old treadmill style pieces of equipment (tempted to say something else but will refrain) and no other equipment or even a few simple weights in space that can accomodate a bit more( I may post a pic) Overall a very nice hotel, staff ad location just "full disclosure" for my fellow "Tripees."

Room Tip: corner room front floors four and above nice