“Loved the Hawood” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hawood Inn

Hawood Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saskatchewan
Hawood Inn
St. Albert, Canada
“Loved the Hawood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

My Cousin and I have been going to Waskasiu for a couple of years as our Girls Retreat. This year we stayed at the Hawood. Rooms are nice, older but very very clean. We had a room with a deck facing the lake at made good use of the deck. Staff are lovely and very helpful, Restaurant staff very very good, meals in the hotel were excellent. We plan on staying there again next year. The hotel is so close to everything. This is likely one of the prettiest parks I have every been too. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: We liked the rooms facing the lake. Sitting on the balcony you really feel part of the scene.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

We had scheduled a late check-in in the off-season and the reception assured my there would be someone on call when we arrived at 11:30pm. All I had to do was pick up the phone in the entrance and it would automatically dial the attendant.

Well we arrived at 11:30pm when I said I would and picked up the phone and stood there for 15 minutes with no answer. Needless to say I was irritated. At 11:30pm on a weekday, in the offseason, there is not a lot of choice for accommodation and we contemplated driving back to Prince Albert, roughly 1 hour away. Fortunately the Elk Ridge resort had someone at their desk 24hrs, so we stayed there for over double the cost of the Hawood.

So far sounds like a bad experience, right? So I called the Hawood the next day to give them a piece of my mind, and before I could really get into my story, they were apologizing and trying to see what could be done to make me happy. Apparently, they had a new phone system installed and the utility company either hooked it up wrong or didn't hook it up. Either way the Hawood Management was taking full responsibility and after some discussion they were willing to give me a free night in the peak season, or a weekend in the offseason to compensate for my troubles. I took the weekend in the offseason and look forward to the northern lights.

All in all, mistakes happen, and the Hawood Management were apologetic, understanding and willing to compensate me for my troubles. Well done.

Room Tip: Didn't actually get to sleep here this time, but will let you know how the free weekend goes.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Riley J
Newton, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2011

I spent three nights at the Hawood in one of the "standard" rooms (window facing the parking lot and no balcony), and was quite satisfied. The decor of the room was plain, but it was plenty spacious, clean, and the queen bed was quite comfortable. There was satellite TV in the room, and the hotel Wi-Fi worked for me there as well, although they advertise it as being available only in the lobby and in the restaurant, so it may be that it doesn't work in all rooms. My only (minor) complaint is that it would have been nice to have a comfortable chair in the room for relaxing and reading, but there were just two simple chairs that went with the table. I did spend some time in the lobby's leather sofas and easy chairs though, which were quite comfortable.

I recommend the restaurant as well - had one dinner and three breakfasts there and the food was excellent. The granola parfait with fresh fruit is fantastic!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
      Location
      Rooms
3 Thank TimFW
regina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

Rooms face the lovely Waskesui Lake and are close to shopping and dining; the outdoor roof top hot tubs are awesome in the star light.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jck1963Regina
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2011

We stayed 1 night at a cost $174 for 2 all taxes included. All hotels in the area seemed old and this was no exception but well maintained. Two double beds with old style firm mattresses but had good sleep. Chose a room not overlooking the lake so as to get the morning sun. It had a balcony. Breakfast not included.

It certainly is convenient. Have breakfast out front of the near by bakery in the morning, fish from the retaining spit across the road, nice walleye. Party at the pizza and beer place next door in the evening and finish off in the Hawood hot tubs open until 11.

It seemed a bit pricey but the convenience made it well worth it. Staff were pleasant.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Clamato
Regina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

Stayed at the Hawood in Waskiseu with the family. With few hotel rooms availible in the Park, they are able to gouge a bit when it comes to pricing, especially during the prime summer season.

The rooms were clean and tidy (until the kids got into them) and the cleaning crew got things put back together everyday.

The restaurant serves a great breakfast.

Very friendly front-end staff as well.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Derek7373
Saskatoon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2011

The rooms are average size but very very clean. I found the bed very hard but the 4 pillows on each bed made up for it. Had lake front view with deck, nice but trees block most of the view of the lake. Hot tub area nice but we had people using it that were from other hotels and not paying guests which I thought ruined my trip as they bragged about it. I didn't like the fact that I had to pay $20/night extra for My kids to stay. the food in the Restaurant was excellent. For a resort village this is a nice place to stay. Forgot to mention the power went out a couple of time while we were there but that was because they had the worst summer storm the resort has ever seen.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family