“Spa was a dissappointment”
Review of Sun Tree Spa

Sun Tree Spa
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We were visiting Moose Jaw and I was excited to see a top rated spa so made appointments for myself and daughter in law. The appointments were changed by the spa about 3 times before I even got to Moose Jaw.
I have been to many spas in many countries so I do have some experience to base my comparison.
We arrived 15 minutes early as is protocol. We sat in the lounge for at least 20 minutes for our first appointments. For our next back to back appointments we waited at least that time. As a result both of our treat ments were cut short. This is very annoying as we spent a lot of time waiting. My daughter in law left with the feeling that she was rushed and a mere annoyance to the esthetition. My biggest complaint besides having to wait excessively and the resulting abbreviated treatments at full price is the fact that they obviously get a commission. I was hovered over and pressured into buying product that I did not want. This very much detracts from the whole experience

2  Thank gingerthurmann
"winnipeg"
"oil"
"regina"

Reviewed 22 September 2013

I made the drive to Moose Jaw while visiting Regina to relax in the mineral pool and have a massage. I had high expectations given the Leading Spa designation but was disappointed as soon as I walked into the building. The spa has been open since 1996 and it needs a facelift. The spa carries great products (Comfort Zone & Jane Iredale) but I can't speak to aesthetic service since I was only there for a massage. My therapist was pretty good after I let her know that I could handle more pressure...don't be afraid to ask because that turned my experience around immediately. My friend who was also there for a massage also had a good therapist except for the fact that she only received 45-50 minutes of service time instead of the advertised 60 minutes. We were picked up 5 minutes late and given WAY too much time waiting on the table for the therapist to get back. Fortunately my therapist let me out at 2:35 so I got a little more than my friend, who got out at 2:30 on the nose. When she brought that up at the front desk, the Spa Supervisor tried to blame it on union rules and explained that it takes time to escort guests from waiting area to the service room...the importance of being there early. We WERE there early. She didn't seem to want to hear any criticism and didn't sympathize. We didn't push the issue because it was obvious she didn't care. We will be back in the area for work and will search for a better spa.

Besides customer service, cleanliness is another important aspect to the enjoyment of my spa experience. Unfortunately, because the mineral pool is part of the hotel amenity (and other visitors can pay to use the pool), it was not relaxing and it was not clean. There appeared to be mold on the shower walls and clumps of hair on the floor in the shower stall as well as the change room. I checked on the cleaning board and noticed the last time it had been cleaned was two days earlier :(

At the spa I noticed the Leading Spa designation was given to Temple Gardens Mineral Spa so I was surprised to learn that the spa is actually called Sun Tree Spa.

4  Thank G S
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I had two spa treatments on July 26, 2013 and both were less than average and overpriced. But what concerns me the most was the lack of cleanliness that this facility seems to have an issue with. While laying on the table for my facial, I spent an hour looking thick layers of dust on the ceiling tiles and the vents. The baseboards are covered in dust; the floors look clean until you look into the corners. The changing rooms are in need of a complete scrub down and sanitized. And the rooms were freezing, when I asked if the temperature could be adjusted I was told that it could not because it was controlled by the other area of the spa. I will not return and I will not recommend this spa to anyone.

3  Thank TLR306
Reviewed 2 May 2013

We stayed for just over an hour. We were there during the week and the prices were reasonable. I think $8 each. I know they go up on the weekend. The pool facility was clean, nice locker room with private changing stalls. I recommend not "renting" a towel, as they have free towels all around the pool. The pool itself was amazing. It starts out luke warm and gets warmer as you walk through the pool. We were there after dark and it was so relaxing to sit outside in the hot water and stare at the stars while my husband and I just chatted. This is a must-do when visiting Moose Jaw!

2  Thank Becky C
See more reviews
Reviewed 2 May 2013

I visited the spa during Junos week. It is pretty unorganized. Although you pay top dollar, spa guests use the change rooms for the mineral pool which includes children. There are no private showers or blow dryers. No real amenities are available to guests. The spa is in serious need of a renovation. The decor is dated about 15 years plus. The spa is included on the leading spas website but I am starting to wonder why. The worst part of my 4 hour stay was the awful spa music that was blaring throughout the facility. There was nothing special about the services I received. I had a facial but the staff member did not think it was important to remove my makeup before applying the mask. I actually left the facial with some of my makeup on. The massage was nothing to write home about either.

4  Thank Shantha100