“Exellent Stay”

Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Moose Jaw
Saskatoon
“Exellent Stay”
Reviewed 4 August 2012

We were in town to visit a relative in hospital. We went to the Heritage Inn for supper and we were really happy with the meal. Really good food for a decent price. Salad bar was only an extra $1.50 ... well worth the price. We were looking for a place to stay as well so we inquired about a room. They had a summer special at a really good rate so we booked in. The rooms were very clean and well kept. Lots of room and good beds. I thought the hotel was in excellent condition especially considering that it is a somewhat older hotel. Kudos to the maintenance person! Free wifi was another bonus.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Billy527
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn, responded to this review, 15 August 2012
Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to post this review regarding your past stay here at the Heritage Inn. This customer feedback is valued and provides us with an opportunity to gauge our strengths along with the areas where improvement is needed.
I am happy to hear your overall experience was good, from the quality of food you received, to the value and comfort of your room. I will certainly pass these comments on to the staff and management.
I do have an ongoing renovation program in place in order to provide consistent quality and comfort to our guests.
I look forward to welcoming you back when your travels once again bring you back to Moose Jaw.

Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Osoyoos, Canada
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Recently stayed at this hotel while travelling through, and was pleasantly surprised. Check in was fast and efficient, with friendly and helpful front desk staff. Room was on the ground floor, with King size bed. Comfortable and clean, a good size, although slightly dated. A little dissapointed at the hot tub, which was a basic "household" spa, and a rather small but clean pool. Not the best by far, but still very welcome after driving all day. In general this Inn showes it's age, and needs updating, but we would stay there again. A little overpriced for the overall quality.

Room Tip: We had an outside room, which was good, but don't think we would like one overlooking the indoor...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank David M
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us the last time you visited Moose Jaw. I truly appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your past stay.

Overall it looks like your stay was enjoyable and I have ensured that your comments have been passed forth to the staff and management of the hotel. The Heritage Inn has been in business now for over 30 years and we are committed to providing value along with great service.
I am aware that some areas of the hotel are ready for an upgrade and have an ongoing renovation program in place.

I will be reviewing further, with our management, your comments about the hot tub.

I thank you for your business and look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay in Moose Jaw.

Reviewed 20 May 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights and we never had wifi which is something that is very important. We called down the desk twice and they gave little effort and said they didn't no what's wrong. Overall it was a good stay but having no wifi was a a pain

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank Canada1234567
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your recent business and thank you for your comments. I am committed to customer satisfaction and want to apologize for the lack of WIFI capability in your room along with the unsatisfying response by my staff. I have reviewed procedures with the front desk and have had a full review of equipment done through our maintenance division. Any corrections and equipment problems are being dealt with immediately. Again, I am sorry for this inconvenience, I do realize the importance of having this feature offered to our guests on a consistent basis.

I do hope the other aspects of your stay were enjoyable and hope you will stay with us again. Please call me directly and I would be happy to upgrade you on your next visit.

Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre
Moose Jaw

Travellers are raving about these Moose Jaw hotels

Saskatoon, Sk.
Reviewed 6 April 2012

The hotel was old and dated, the rooms, slightly musty. After staying there one night, paid more and went to the Temple Gardens Spa hotel and it was well worth the difference. This place shouldn't cost more than $80, it really needs a renovation.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere. It is right out of the 80's.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Dear Guest,

I was sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations on your past stay with us. We are committed to providing a comfortable and relaxing stay to all our guests and I have taken note of your comments.

We are continuously doing upgrades and renovations to the hotel to ensure total guest satisfaction.

Should you have a chance to visit Moose Jaw in the future, I would like to welcome you back to show you the renovations that we are completing. Please feel free to contact me directly, and I will ensure that your stay will be in comfort.

Yours Truly

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Bed's were okay and comfortable but the room was very old and dated. Way too expensive for the room which was average with a king bed. The entire hotel is overrated and expensive. Didn't like the view of the pool. The pool was not the best. Service was not great. Very small room. It was very cold in the room too. We had trouble sleeping because of how cold it was. Don't recommend it.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn, responded to this review, 24 January 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your past stay. We certainly appreciate feedback on our hotel and the services we offer.

We would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations. We are always in the process of updating our guest rooms and public areas to ensure guest satisfaction. We have recently renovated a number of our guest rooms and additional rooms are scheduled for this year.

We were troubled to read that you were not satisfied with the service you received. Again, we apologize that you did not receive the level of high customer service that we are known for. Your comments have been addressed in detail with all levels of management and staff.

If you choose to give us another chance during your next visit to Moose Jaw, please contact me directly to book your stay, so I can ensure your comfort and satisfaction.

moose jaw
Reviewed 2 January 2012

I can't recommend any establishment that has hidden, unadvertised fees added on to your bill upon check out. The additional fees are nothing more than double dipping. We all know business have to to make a profit to stay in operation but be up front about what your stay will really cost.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank gandb117
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your stay with us at the Heritage Inn but are very distressed to read that you felt you incurred “hidden fees”. We are very clear in outlining all the taxes and hotel fees on our statements and are confused as to what you may be referring to. I have made an attempt to contact you directly in order that there may be some clarification on this matter and have not yet heard back.
It is always my intention to provide our guests with an overall experience that will keep them coming back. I apologize if there is some confusion that has spoiled that experience for you. Please do contact me directly so that I may resolve this issue and clear up this misunderstanding.

Yours Truly

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 4 December 2011

I was a little worried about staying here when I read the reviews. I last stayed at the Heritage Inn about 20 years ago and found it a nice place to stay. My stay there this time was great as well. It is a good full-service hotel in the mid-range price level. The other full-service hotel would be Temple Gardens Mineral Spa, which would cost at minimum $145/night. I paid ~$100/night, and that included free internet (that was reliable and fast) and free parking. The hotel has a small pool and hot tub to relax in (the hot tub was excellent as it was similar to a jacuzzi one you would have in your backyard - deep with lots of jets). The room service food was good and reasonably priced. The room was nice and had a very comfortable bed. They also had a mini-fridge and microwave. I only have two criticisms: First, they used way too much air freshener in the hallways. It was so strong that you could have problems breathing and your eyes watered. Luckily the smell did not go into the rooms. The second was that the area around the shower could use a paint job. The paint was peeling on the roof and looked very unsightly. Other than these two problem areas, it was a great stay. Moose Jaw is not a very big city, so for a full-service hotel it was good. I would recommend this place for both families and business people alike.

Room Tip: If you want windows that open for fresh air, request a room that is not poolside.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn, responded to this review, 19 December 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us at the Heritage Inn. We certainly appreciate our customer’s views and comments as they allow us the opportunity to improve our products and services. Your positive comments have been posted for the hotel staff to read and we do thank you for making mention of these items. I have also reviewed your comments of criticism directly with our maintenance and janitorial staff and both items of concern have been addressed.

We, here at the Heritage Inn, are committed to guest service and satisfaction. Thank you, once again, for your feedback and for choosing to stay with us. We do hope to have you back as our guest in the near future.

Yours Truly,