“Rest & Relaxation :)”

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Moose Jaw
Saskatoon, Canada
“Rest & Relaxation :)”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My daughter and I spent 2 days at the spa for some rest and relaxation. We booked the rooms and dining package,what a great idea this was. I have definitely recommended this package to many people. Harwood's 3 course meal & breakfast the next morning was amazing. We had room service up to the room for breakfast in the morning. Such a relief to not worry about leaving the hotel to eat. I would definitely book this again!!

I have a handicap and the rooms were perfect for my wheelchair. Very relaxing and enjoyable atmosphere. In fact we are looking at booking the same package again in a couple of months but this time for 3 people.

Room Tip: Book the dining package with your rooms well worth it!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kim P
Templegardens, General Manager at Temple Gardens Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to share your views, I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I am also grateful that you pay us the one compliment that every hotels wants; by returning to see us again.

The Guest Dining Package was recently extended until the end of the year due to popular demand, and it certainly is proving popular during the month of July. I am glad so many of our guests are taking advantage of it.

David Wood

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
Chilliwack, Canada
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Really... this is ridiculous. As I sit at the desk on this desk chair with no padding whatsoever in the seat cushion, staring at the chipped paint over the airconditioner unit under and window... my eye wanders to the stained carpet below the AC unit and beside the bed. The scratched, worn out furniture leaves a bad taste in my mouth and the lack of any pictures on the walls or any sense of ambience whatsoever leaves me appalled. And now I am stuck here for 3 nights, paying a ridiculous rate for a hotel room far, far, below my expectations. Will not be back, that is for sure. Make sure you avoid room 567... it is not worth a 2-star rating. I am very disappointed and the stay has just begun.

Room Tip: I am at a loss to add a tip... perhaps avoid this place altogether.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
This guest was in fact moved to a room style more suited to her needs as soon as she brought her issues to the guest services team. I would always warmly encourage any of our guests to bring issues forward during their stay. We have people present 24 hours a day for exactly that reason and we are here to assist.
Saskatoon
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We visit here several times a year and it is always enjoyable, whether summer or winter. The pool is amazing, the hotel well appointed and the service excellent. Moose Jaw is an interesting small city with historical buildings and there is a lovely city park near the hotel

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Templegardens, General Manager at Temple Gardens Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, it is always good to hear from our guests about their stay.

I am glad that you enjoyed your visit to Moose Jaw. The original high street and theatre are probably unique in Canada. It is good to see so many people appreciating them over the weekends.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My family and my sister's family recently stayed at this hotel. When we booked, we asked if we could be put in the renovated section of the hotel. We would be assured we would be. When we checked in I asked the front desk clerk named Brad if we could be put in the renovated rooms. He looked at me confused and asked what I meant by a renovated room. I just said one of the new rooms, which he totally ignored our request and gave me my card for the room.

The room he put us in was an un-renovated room. The bathroom sink was extremely scratched, most of the enamel was worn off near the drain. The tub and tiles was really old looking and damaged. I immediately called the front desk and spoke with Elizabeth. She was really helpful and found us two rooms in the renovated section. These rooms were a lot better. They where also bigger than the un-renovated rooms.

That night my son got sick and made a mess on the quilt. I called the front desk and spoke with Elizabeth again. She came up and changed the sheets and blanket, since housekeeping was gone for the day. She was extremely helpful and I was quite pleased. I tried to offer her a tip when she was finished, but she would not accept it. If you need something at this hotel, I would recommend speaking with Elizabeth.

We ate supper at the Harwoods dining room at the hotel. We all found the food to be quite good here and the service excellent. We really enjoyed our time in the mineral pool. It was very relaxing.

When I was checking out Brad was the clerk on duty. He asked me how my stay was. I told him it was good once we got one of the renovated rooms. The first rooms he put us in was not good at all. He ignored my complaint and just gave me my receipt for the stay. I would come back to this hotel again. I will not deal with Brad again. I will make sure I get another clerk.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room. The old rooms should be rated terrible.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review and for recognising one of our employees.

I am sure that you have read in my responses below how much we have done already in all of our rooms, deluxe mattresses, HDTV etc. It is our goal very soon that there will no longer be any un-renovated rooms, and that all of our rooms will reflect the standard of a premium resort. The next stage of our project begins next month, I can assure you that all of our team are looking forward to this.
Brookline
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Enjoyed our stay once again. I love the pool and the hotel location is very convenient.
The only annoyance is the requirement to submit a review of 200 characters, to submit a review is enough to ask without mandating length.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Many thanks for taking the time of write a review, and I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 1 July 2014

$200.00/ night? There has to be a better place to stay than here. Oh, wait. If being very close to the casino and mineral spa is a necessity, than Temple Gardens is your only choice. Slow service in restaurant and at front desk, truly mediocre food, a random $20.00 charge on our bill because Saturday was one of the nights we were there, tired and dated decor. I gather there are 2 new hotels in town - we'll be checking them out.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank mallory2
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us. I appreciate that you enjoyed our casino and mineral pool during your stay.

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience in the restaurant. With renovations already begun, we are also planning on a menu revision to take our cuisine to the next level. On the whole the comments we receive about our restaurant at the moment are positive, however we do need to listen to all our guests and I am sorry if your own experience did not meet your expectations. I can assure you that we are already planning on progressing our menu as the improved appearance of the property as a whole will lead guests to expect more in the restaurant. It is our aim to be ready to meet that expectation.
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

we stayed here only due to the shortage of rooms in Moose Jaw. Paying over 450 for 2 nights I would say its not worth it for what we experienced. our room was on. the main floor, it was very small and adding a cot in there made it tight! This hotel really needs to get with the times as its not as grand as I thought it was be.

But the rooms were clean. Comfort wise... it was just Ok. The pool is great but its a little annoying when there are kids jumping off the edges splashing people. in all Temple Gardens is not worth 200/night

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Shelcey
Templegardens, General Manager at Temple Gardens Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to write your review. I do respect your point that our standard rooms already have two beds in there, and they are less spacious with the addition of a cot. On the other hand many of our larger rooms and suites are easily the size of two rooms in many branded hotels. Where adding extra bedding, we will make a note to recommend to guests a larger room type.

Regarding our pool area, because this really is such a unique feature and a focal point in the city as a whole, there are times when we could easily fill two pools with guests. We do strictly limit our capacity for safety and comfort reasons, and this does sometimes lead to the need to close the pool to the public in order to guarantee it is available for our hotel guests. In some respects we do fall victim to our own popularity in this case, with people of all ages enjoying the use of the pool. We are always open to suggestions on how to develop our rules so that everyone can enjoy and allow others to do the same. If you have any specific suggestions we really are glad to hear from any of our guests on the subject.

Thanks again for sharing your views,