“Great place”

Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Moose Jaw
Reviewed 20 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
DInnMJManager, Manager at Days Inn - Moose Jaw, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2015

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed here July 31 and August 1 of this year and it was not great...Was there during a rain storm and the window in our room leaked a lot. The next morning as I was cleaning up the sill, I noticed that the wallpaper under the window was pulling away. It was rampant with mould...so it has been leaking for a long time. The floors were stained and the tub had mould behind the caulking... I left a note in the room explaining the issues and no one has bothered to follow up...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Stormy H

Dear Stormy H

Thank you for your honest feedback. I do apologize for the leak in your room. The moment I received the note The matter was dealt with. Since then all rooms have been checked for having the same issues and fixed. We do hope to see you in the future, and we can meet your standards.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Karen W

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

This is our usual stop on the way to Grandma and Grandpa's.

This is not a 5 star hotel but the staff are so friendly, the rooms are so clean, the breakfast is good and the kids have so much fun on the waterside that it just doesn't matter.

Whenever it is time to go to MB to see Grandma and Grandpa I almost think the kids look forward to the stay in the hotel more than getting to MB (shhhhh, lol).

The only complaint I have about the hotel, there is so much Chlorine in the pool it is hard to even sit poolside without burning eyes.

Very easy access from Highway 1.

Worth the stop.

Stayed: August 2014

Dear Lisa U

Thank you for your honest response. I am glad to hear that your family enjoyed their stay with our hotel. I do apologize for how much the chlorine affects people. The levels are tested several times a day to ensure the correct chemical levels are in the pool. For the safety of everyone. We hope to see you and your family soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed here on the way to BC from Winnipeg. We have 2 kids and a dog and the kids wanted a pool so this is what worked. The hallways were muddy the pool was so tiny and too crowded. Waterslide was fun but way too fast. A teenage boy flying down would have injured my kids seriously - get your kids out of the way fast! Dirty pool filters on pool deck. Our non smoking room smelled like smoke. WiFi would not work unless I went down the hall closer to the router I guess.

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Sandy M

Thank you for your honest response. I apologize for the inconveniences during your stay, The pool staff has since been refreshed on how important their job is to keep the pool and surrounding area clean. I do agree as the waterside is a faster one. If all the guests using the pool follow the guidelines everyone is sure to have a great time. I do hope you give our property another try and we can meet your standards.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I booked on line which is good for them. Upon driving up the building doesn't appear well kept in fact it looked closed! Upon entering the lobby area lived up to the outside appearance. The front desk staff were waiting, but later arrivals had to phone to get someone to come to the desk, and when I say later I mean 5 pm. All hallways needed vacuuming and a good cleaning. The room was clean for the most part but the mirror was dusty.

If you require internet I would suggest another hotel. The wi if was so slow I could knit a sweater waiting for connectivity. I was trying to post on my travel blog ( www.pambrownsadventures.com) and kept getting booted out. It was almost impossible to post photos and trying to get onto Facebook was an adventure in patience.

Okay that is the ugly part, but there was some good ( hence the 3 rating). Other writers complain about the bed. Both of us slept like a top. The air conditioner at first seemed noisy but the low sound soon became ambient noise. The best part.....breakfast. Yes it was the usual fair but the coffee was hot and good...not too strong. The muffins looked like standard fare but were very tasty.
I do wonder when these hotels will figure out most folks like fresh fruit, especially bananas. They are the first to go. Today only two oranges were left, but this is a common thing with most hotel " inclusive" breakfasts.

Room Tip: Top floor end of the hall.