“Ho hum”

Comfort Inn Prince Albert
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Prince Albert
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I guess hotel prices are high enough in PA that for $120 that you have to put your standards low. I expected more for that cost personally. My room was noisy, and the breakfast was mediocre. It was the cheapest I could find, so it met the budget requirement. The staff were friendly enough.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank StuMcMoo

Reviewed 20 May 2012

Stayed here a few times. My son forgot something he purchased and a phone call to the front desk had them put it aside so a friend could pick it up. Rooms are standard fare for this chain. The front desk person was very polite and helpful.

Room Tip: A direct entry room does not allow you to open a window. If you don't like the air conditioned a...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank sasktravel
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Good continental breakfast. Room was clean and in good repair. Large LCD TV worked well. Only complaint was that the non-smoking room I was in was next a smoking room. Cigarette smoke entered the room when I turned on the bathroom fan.

Room Tip: If you want non-smoking make sure it is not near a smoking room.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank LeadSledder
Reviewed 17 July 2011

Awful! We stayed here for a wedding. We had 3 rooms in total. 2 of them had filthy toilets and all of them had dirty shower curtains and hair on the bathroOm floor. Yuck

• Stayed: July 2011
8  Thank Travellerstoon
Reviewed 17 November 2009

My wife and I and our two kids stayed here on our way through Prince Albert and found that the front desk girls and cleaning staff were both very helpful. We arrived early and although they were sold out the night before, they went out of their way to get us a room ready. Rooms had all the amenities one needs when travelling, ie coffee maker, fridge, microwave,etc. The hotel appeared to be very clean and in a nice location.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2009

We got a last minute call to play hockey in a tournament. I was only given 24 hours notice to make arrangements and to find a hotel. I found the Comfort Inn when there were no other hotels available. I think my main problem with this room is that I was quoted the same price as I paid for a much nicer hotel in the same city. I did however get a better price due to the fact that my employer has a business rate here. I felt better not paying the higher price. I probably would have been more critical paying higher for this place. We were here for a weekend and the cleaning staff did not clean our room! We were out of the room by 7 am to play hockey and didnt return til 1 pm. The room had not been touched. There were 3 cleaning carts in the hallways but no cleaning persons to be seen. I didnt hear any vacuum cleaners running (and believe me you can hear an ant burp in this place very thin walls!!!). I found a cleaner around 2 pm (across the hallway) and told her that we would be out for an hour if she wanted to clean then but we will be returning to nap (my son played 2 games that morning). We returned at 3:15 and the room was still untouched. We had our nap and at 5 pm they opened the door but could not enter b/c we had the deadbolt on, wanting to clean. We could hear them complaining b/c they could not get in then we got a note under the door stating that we locked them out so they couldn't clean. When we returned from another game my sons wanted to shower but we were only provided with enough clean towels for 2 people in a quad room.
This room was very poorly set up. The fold out bed could not fold out properly due to a huge table in the room. There was no place for any hockey equipment to properly air out. The temperature in the room was very cool even with the heat set to high and fully blowing. The shower area was very small not much arm room due to jutting out shelves in shower. Very old 15-17" ancient styled television.
Overall its fine that we at least had a place to sleep but I think it could do better or at least try.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank momwithlove
Reviewed 9 February 2009

This is a tired hotel in need of an upgrade. I know that I stayed in a Comfort Inn in Ontario in 1993 where the room looked almost identical to this one. Location is good and rooms are OK. Not sure about how thorough the housekeeping is -- found change (money) on the floor by the table.

When I checked in the person ahead of me was quoted a rate $20 less than mine -- he didn't have a reservation, I did, When I inquired, about the difference I was advised that his was a government rate. As I was staying on government business, I made that case that my rate should be the same. After some fumbling with the computer, some huffing and puffing, my rate was reluctantly changed. For the sake of trying to protect $20 in rate, this hotel is unlikely to get future business from me.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank TourGuy2