“average place to stay.”

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Prince Albert
North Battleford, Canada
“average place to stay.”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Prince Albert Inn has always been a place I stay when I am in Prince Albert. I stayed there this past week, The location is great for casino players plus they have a play and stay, where each adult who stays in the rooms get a 20.00 slot play. The price is affordable and it has a good restaurant. The rooms are average looking and may need a little bit more cleaning. I still enjoy staying here and will Remain loyal to P.A. Inn.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cameron j
painn2, Front Office Manager at Prince Albert Inn, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thank you for choosing us as your place to stay while in Prince Albert. We really appreciate your loyalty to our hotel. Thank you for the comments and we are always looking to improve to make our hotel a place to stay for everyone. We look forward to your patronage in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I recently stayed at the Prince Albert Inn because I was attending a 2 day seminar there. I checked in on a Sunday at 7:00 pm. The girl at the front desk was on her cell phone and seemed less than enthusiastic to get up and help me, but anyway, I got checked in. (The front desk clerks the following morning were much more friendly and helpful.) The room seemed clean enough, but then I found the previous guest's hair elastic on the counter in the bathroom. It was a non smoking room, but I don't think it had been for very long, as it smelled quite strongly of stale smoke when I entered the room. I was hungry so I went down to the restaurant which is conveniently located inside the hotel. The male employee there, not sure what his title was, was standing outside the entrance. He saw me coming and said, "Oh, are you coming in?" I asked if they were closing, as I wasn't sure what their hours were. He explained that because he was there alone, he was going to close early. He said, "It's a matter of closing on time and staying here really late trying to get everything done, or closing early and getting everything done, and dealing with my boss later." Hmmm, ok. Not so convenient after all. I asked if I could sit in the lounge and order food, and he replied that yes, they have the same menu as the restaurant, so that was fine by me. I went over to the lounge and ordered the 6 oz steak sandwich and a double vodka cranberry. The drink was good but the steak, which I had ordered medium, came out well done and tasteless. The baby carrots that came with it were so overcooked, they were almost mushy.

The next morning, I got up early and decided to use the treadmill in the fitness room, which was so conveniently located just a few doors down from my room. Near the end of my workout, the treadmill made a popping sound, shut off, and then smoke came pouring out of it. I quickly unplugged it, went straight to my room and called the front desk to report what had happened. Hmmm... again, not so convenient after all... but I guess this could have happened anywhere.

After the treadmill incident, I thought I would order room service breakfast to be delivered to my room by 7:30. I called the restaurant and was told by the lady that answered that because she was alone, room service didn't start until 8:00 am. While I understand staffing issues are a problem everywhere and I don't blame the lady that was working at all, I think only having room service available after 8:00 am is unacceptable for guests staying at a hotel on business. Most business days start at 8:00. Very inconvenient. I ended up getting ready and going to the restaurant to eat breakfast at 7:30. The food was very good and came out very quickly. I was also very happy with the service there. I ate there the following morning also and again it was very quick and tasted great.

One evening I made use of the pool and hot tub. I had the place to myself. The pool was very cold but I like it that way. The hot tub was not too hot, just right for me. The pool liner could be redone, but I don't know how much use it gets to warrant the overhaul.

Overall, my stay was adequate, however I probably would not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank northernshelly
painn2, Front Office Manager at Prince Albert Inn, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We would like to apologize for the inconveniences you had encountered while staying at the Prince Albert Inn. We have realized that we do have some staffing issues and are working with the staff to get our customer service above average, at all time-this including our housekeeping standards. Our restaurant is open at 7am-7 days a week and closes at 10pm (8pm on Sunday), for the convenience of our hotel guests and the general public. We ensure that this was an isolated incident and once again apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused. We would like to offer you a free night stay, please just let the hotel manager or front desk manager know. Once again we deeply apologize.
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

Sink was filthy. Hair all over tub and floor. Was not vacuumed or swept. Gotta love having three long 12 inch hairs in your mini fridge. Absolutely the worst hotel I have stayed in my life. Save your money!

• Stayed August 2013
painn2, Front Office Manager at Prince Albert Inn, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
We would like to apologize for the stay you had with us. We are always striving for excellent service and looking for new ways to improve on our business. We would have appreciated the opportunity to rectify the problems that you had encountered, but however we are doing our best to ensure this does not happen to future hotel guests.
Nipawin
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We really enjoy our stays at this hotel. Location is great, It's a great looking hotel when you drive up. The staff is always good and accommodating. The restaurant is so good that I recommend you stop and check it out if your just driving through Prince Albert. The siutes are really nice as well. It's the place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Luc M
Thank you for choosing to stay with us while in Prince Albert. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoy the hotel and all the services we have to offer. Thanks for the recommendations and look forward to your future business.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 1 August 2013

stayed here a few times..staff is great,food is excellent..the biggest problem is the guests..no respect for other guests..pple are drinking and walking in the hallways with cases of beer etc..lots of noisy parties...
so if you don't mind the noise and the empties in the hallway then this place is ok..
definitely could use a security guard that makes hourly rounds..
i have to say that the staff was very good last time i was there..had an all night party( including sex,booze,screaming,fighting,trashing furniture ) next door..i was refunded for that night..i would have preferred a good night sleep tho !!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Uli K
Thank you for staying with us, and I would like to apologize for what you had experienced while you stayed with us. We are consistently making improvements and changes with our staff to ensure that everyone's stay is comfortable. Thank you for your input and we will once again remind night staff about floor checks during the night shift.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 11 April 2013

We went on a Casino tour to this hotel. All was good with experience as we had been to this location on multiple trips. I would normally give a great review however this trip left me knowing I will not be back. On the day of departure I packed my room and took my left over money and sealed it in an envelope and zipped it in my carry on luggage. Thinking my room would be secure I locked the door and went down for breakfast before the bus departed. After breakfast I went back to the room to freshen up and grab my bags, I noticed that the room had been straightened up and the dirty towels had been removed. Not thinking much about I took my bags and checked out. From my room to the bus my carry on was with me 100 per cent of the time. It was not until I arrived home that I discovered my envelope missing. On the trip home I did not access the zipper part of my bag. I did contact the hotel and was advised that their logs showed that no one accessed my room however their is NO EXPLANATION as to how the dirty towels from my morning shower left my room. Now don't get me wrong I assume liability for the issue as I should have carried my money with me, however I do not expect to be lied to by both staff or management of the established. Please if you stay here - don't leave anything in your room....If at all possible look for another hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sabroe
painn2, General Manager at Prince Albert Inn, responded to this review, 1 May 2013
In response to this review we want to clarify a few points. Not once did any management or staff member lie to you or provide any false statements. We took the incident very seriously and did a full investigation of the incident. The log that you refer to is a SECURITY feature built in by Vinguard and lets the hotel track every card and time that it is used for entry this can not be changed or tampered with by the hotel which was sent to you to view that your cards were the only cards that gained entry till after you had checked out. Then you informed me that your friends room had been made up while they were having breakfast with you again we did a door audit and went on the security cameras to find that housekeeping did not enter the rooms. Again I phoned you and asked if you wanted me to phone the City Police and you said yes, which I did I explained everything to them and they informed me you had to file the complaint and then they would investigate our evidence. I phoned you, told you to phone them to start the file as I wanted everything to be legal and investigated. As well you had told me that you gave your bag to the bus driver to put in your seat compartment and you left the bus till 1:30pm. I also phoned the bus tour company and informed them of the incident and everything we had done to investigate this and how seriously we took this. The same staff memebr had just recently turned in a wallet she found with over 700.00 in it, and I offered to phone the gentleman so he could verify that as well.
Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed 6 March 2013

I have planned many events and meetings where we had to use the services of the Prince Albert Inn. The staff there have always gone above and beyond to give me the service that we needed and yes sometimes demanded. They would work to satisfy every request whether it was to do with the food, booking the rooms, organizing the meeting rooms the way we needed them. Nothing was or is too much to ask. The Prince Albert Inn was and is my hotel of choice when in need of it.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Shona S
painn2, Front Office Manager at Prince Albert Inn, responded to this review, 8 May 2013
Thank you for having your events at our hotel. We are very pleased to hear you had a great experience here and appreciate your feedback. We look forward to your business in the future.