“Excellent Hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Airdrie
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Probably the best Best Western hotel I have ever stayed at during my 130 nights a year. Very well managed. Very customer focused. Happy to upgrade you, Excellent free hot breakfast in the restrauant. Outstanding staff. Rooms are very nice complete with 40 inch TV and digitial cable which is a blessing for the long evenings on the road. I whish they were all like this one.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

4 Thank Don Z

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
London, Canada
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I have stayed at several Best Western hotels and have rarely had a bad experience. The Prince Albert stay was no exception. The suite was spacious, clean, well-appointed and comfortable. OK, the view out the window was a driveway but I was not there for the view. The restaurant had a basic complimentary hot breakfast - potatoe, bacon, coffee and "how do you want your eggs"? That suited me just fine. They may have had a menu but I was happy with the basics. The restaurant was also open for lunch and dinner. My room was not touched by housekeeping for some reason. Maybe they were too busy with the other rooms which were filled with attendees of the Saskatchewan First Nations 2013 Summer Games. For me, no housekeeping was not a problem but a first in my life and I have stayed at dozens of hotels in North America. The hotel is also very close to fast food places such as A&W, Tim Horton's and McDonald's. Fancier restaurants were not far away either. At one end of the hotel was a store that sold beer, wine and liquor plus a few snack items. There was nothing extravagant but for a business trip, the Best Western in Prince Albert ahd everything I needed.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Waterman_ON
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I was here for a meeting from outta town stayed in the hotel for two day was very pleased with all the staff in all departments the rooms were very clean, beds were very very comfortable I had no problem checking into the hotel at all I got as much as I needed. Very pleased that the hotel had such great staff in every department :) They have a complimented breakfast for all hotel guests that stay in a room and its two coupons per room including coffee or tea anything else you had to pay for such as juices ect. The service in the Restaurant was very good breakfast was quick and HOT! I was served by a beautiful young lady named Brittany she was very pleased to be serving in this hotel.. She's a very good and pleasant server with a great attitude! It's nice to see a smile even on a gloomy day that it was... All in all I would recommend staying at this hotel :) and I'm very please to say I will stay here again :)

• Stayed June 2013
5 Thank Cherylleeboyle
Sherwood Park, Canada
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Great place to stay while in Prince Albert. It is off the beaten path by a couple blocks but not hard to find. There is a bar in the same building but at the end opposit of the rooms so we never heard any rowdies in the middle of the night. Beds and pillows comfortable. Complimentry breakfast was bacon and eggs quickly and efficiently served. My wife would have liked another choice.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank BigOldBear05
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Stopped into town on my way to Saskatoon, it was late but fortunately they had a restaurant that was open. Food in the restaurant was better then expected. Check in was a breeze, very polite staff. I then had a couple of drinks in the lounge, which looked very nice and must have been recently renovated. Have stayed in some of the hotels here in the past, this is definitely one of the best.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Aazam T
Sylvan Lake, Canada
Reviewed 28 March 2013

The room was fine. Bed was comfy. The night security guy kicked us out of our friends room 2 nights in a row. The first night was at 11:15. There was no noise from the room and no one complained to the front desk about us but he said we could not be in our friends room after 11:00 pm. We checked with the front desk the next morning and they said that it shouldn't have happened and there was no problem with visiting as long as we were all guests of hotel and we were quiet. We were. The following night the same thing happened but a little later. After questioning him about it he told that if we were difficult he would evict us right then and there. So don't come here with a group of people. Better yet, don't come at all.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Darlene - Kelly W
Faizan H, Manager at Best Western Marquis Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 April 2013
Dear Sir or Madame,

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback on your recent stay at the Best Western Marquis Inn and Suites. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed our fantastic rooms and comfortable beds!

However, I can understand your concerns with the nightly security guard. There is absolutely no problem in visiting with fellow guest in the hotel as long as it does not cause any noise or abrupt disturbance. The security guard was simply following his instruction but I can sympathies your concern and will going over the rules and policies with our guard. I hope you can give us another opportunity in showing you what a fantastic property we have. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further concerns or questions.

Warm Regards,
Management
Regina, SK, Canada
Reviewed 18 March 2013

We booked a non-smoking king room online for one night. When we entered the room, it stunk of cigarette smoke. So, we called down to the front desk and said there must be a mistake, we booked a NON-smoking room, upon which we were informed by the desk clerk that 'the room has been a non-smoking room since March first'. This was on March 17th.

All I can say about that is - if you are going to change a room from smoking to non-smoking, you darn well better clean from floor to ceiling, and everything in between with bleach. Because that is the ONLY thing that is going to get that horrible smell out of there. And, it wasn't just the rug, the furniture, the paint and the bedding that stunk of smoke, it was the heating/cooling unit. I peeked inside and it was black with cigarette tar and dirt. And, you could not open the window.

We made it clear we could not stay in the room, so the clerk said she had nothing with a king bed for the same price but we could have one with two double beds. We did not want a double bed room, but we would have settled for a queen room. She would not let us have one, as it was a 'double' and we had booked a single king. Anyway, she finally said we could have a king mini-suite for the same price. Except, when we got to the desk with our stuff, we were informed her manager said she had to charge more for the new room, but they would only charge us $20 more in total. By then we just wanted to get into a decent room, so we took it.

The new 'mini-suite' was okay, nicer than the king room, but the best thing about it was it really was "non-smoking", which is what we had booked in the first place, and did not smell like smoke.

All in all a very disappointing experience, and, needless to say, we will never go back and would absolutely NOT recommend this hotel to any other unsuspecting non-smoker.

On the bright side, the hotel restaurant was excellent. We had supper there, and one of our dry ribs orders was overdone, but I was so hungry I decided to eat part of it, then we shared the one that wasn't overdone. When I told the waitress, she informed someone else, and they ended up not charging us for the one dinner. We were very impressed with that. Also, the hot breakfast included with the room was prepared exactly how we wanted it, and the staff again was exemplary, friendly and helpful and quick to serve.

So, restaurant - Two thumbs up. Hotel - Two thumbs down.

Room Tip: Since there is no way for a non-smoker to choose a good room here, when they think they can pass off...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jamjude
Dear Sir or Madame,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. On behalf of the entire management team at the Best Western Marquis Inn and Suites, we would like to apologize for not performing to our abilities. We work very hard to ensure we provide the best quality rooms and service. I am pleased that you were able to enjoy our excellent restaurant.

However, it sounds like we feel sort of your expectations for our property. It would be my greatest pleasure to invite you back to give us another chance at showing you the superior service at the Best Western Marquis Inn and Suites. Please don't hesitate to contact me at your earliest convenience.

Warm Regards,