“Clean and Quiet”
Review of Regina Travel Inn

Regina Travel Inn
Ranked #29 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Reviewed 26 April 2012

For me, convenience and price have led to many return visits. It is located in an area with many businesses that I buy from, such as food and fuel. Staff have always been curteous and helpful.

The coffee, while always available, is too strong, and there is no milk available. All things considered, this is not a problem.

Room Tip: Try for a room on the east side (rear side)
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 January 2012

Hotel was quieter than expected as it is beside the truck stop but I did have a room on back side. It was clean but definately no frills. In any other city than Regina you would pay @ $60 at most. Why is Regina so expensive for hotels? Anyways, free breakfast was just toast, coffe and juice so don't expect more. Hotel is definately older and in need of some general upkeep. Staff were friendly and helpful. Alot of out -of -town workers stay there. Lots of restaurants and shopping close by. If you just need a place to sleep and only care if the room is clean and fairly safe, then this hotel will work for you.

Room Tip: Back side so it is away from truck stop noise.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Great food menue and taste at HUSKY house on the same parking lot - big deep tubs and plenty of hot water - staff accomodating and what more can u ask for - / ( a 120 volt heater to keep dampness or cold from door to parkade - well they offered those also - for free )
I will go back again >>>>>>>>>>

Room Tip: rooms accross the hotel away from husky house r quieter smoking rooms avail -
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank powertechx
Reviewed 8 September 2011

I did a quick internet search for a place to stay before I left Edmonton. This turned up as the cheapest. The photos looked ok, so I booked 2 nights. Reservations worked fine. Quite ok. Like a Motel 6, but without a pool. Minimal breakfast. Close to malls where every possible Canadian chain is present. Big bright bathroom. Micro, fridge, and coffee pot in room. Good internet. Nice bed. No weird chemical cleaner or airfreshner smells. Parking at door for ground floor rooms.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Ron F
Reviewed 29 July 2011

with our last minute travel changes I found this hotel from our gps data base, and since everything else was booked, I took a room. We were driving across canada and we just needed a place to sleep. It is in the parking lot of a truck stop so it is nosy on the truck stop side where our room was, maybe it would be better on the other side. The hotel lobby smelled of smoke, but our room was smoke free and did not. There was free interenet and a commen computer to use, but that was the best part about this place! very rough looking, our room was clean, but there was what looked like drug parafanila in the bathroom..... maybe left from the last guest? we didn't touch it!. The sign behind the check in counter said they will not rent to local residents, and proof of adress is required..... this seems lile the kind of place people maybe rent for a night, or an hour? The worst part was the staff. I asked how much thier tax was in regina.... she couldn't tell me she didn't know, but she was able to write it out by hand the amount. She was not helpful and when her friend showed it, it was too much to ask her for a key that actually worked in our room door. She gave us a key that didn't work and was very rude about being "distrubed" from her visitor to give us another key. She didn't tell us about the breakfast so we didn't know there was one until i checked out, but by then we just wanted out of there. WE are not fussy travellers, but we did not like this place!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kmteed03
Reviewed 13 May 2011

After a 13 hour drive to Regina and finding out that almost all hotels and motels were fully booked it had became very frusturating! (there was an Elton John concert) Luckily a kind man from the home suites hotel directed us to the travel inn, and thank goodness they had availability! Best part was the room was cheap and we didn't have a credit card but was able to get a room without giving a deposit! Room was very comfortable and clean! I would definitely recommend it to anyone needin a night stay!

• Stayed: May 2011
3  Thank Nittles
Reviewed 23 November 2010

This is the type of hotel that, if I hadn't been exhausted, road weary, and sick to death of driving, I would likely have vehemently complained about. As it was though, we had put in a 12 hour day and I never uttered a negative word. I simply collapsed onto the circa 1970’s mattress and pillows with an audible groan and called it a day. It wasn’t until the next morning that I actually realized what we’d gotten ourselves into. This hotel wasn’t completely vomit inducing, but it was on the borderline between mildly awful and horrible in the extreme. The bathroom featured a very nicely patched hole in the wall - unfortunately, they failed to paint over the mud so it looked similar to my garage. The bathroom fan was so dirty that you could move more air blowing through a coffee straw and the furniture could have been purchased from a garage sale…around about 1982. The rest of it was somewhat below roadside standard fare and overall it just wasn't very good and I’m guessing you could do much better for the price. I paid $120 (including tax) for one night. As they say in Canada, “not so good, eh”. Also, the continental breakfast consisted of a bagel or a muffin...you get to chose!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends