“What a dump.”

Sunrise Motel
Ranked #27 of 33 Hotels in Regina
“What a dump.”
Reviewed 15 May 2013 via mobile

We show to a motel that has garbage laying everywhere. A room that smells like a sewer hole. Tables that are broken. Cabels hanging out of a wall. Stains on the sheets. A phone that doesn't work. A washroom that looks like someone peed alover the floor and old food under the table. And a door that has to be propped open in order to be able to get out.

The worst motel ever highly not recommended for anybody.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Wellll

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I have to admit if i wasnt on a budget i wouldnt have even bothered entering this place from the exterior appearance. The building looks fairly outdated. The price was reasonable so i checked in. My room was located above the garage, which again seemed a little bit iffy, but as soon as i got up there the rooms were very modern on the inside. The service was good from what i experienced. But the room had clean towels and a bed which was all i needed so there was no need for me to call the front after checknig in. Overall a good place for a good price, i would recommend it to anyone who just needs a good nights rest.

Room Tip: Ask for a room above the garage. the desk clerk referred to them as the "premium rooms"
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
7 Thank Tim G
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Well to start off I had to wait 5 minutes to get service while some people talked behind two way glass in the front office and ignored me. We asked for a none smoking room with two beds, when we entered the room it stank and smoke and wet dog. The windows where all wide open in a sad attempt to vent the smell out, the room had three lamps one of witch worked the other two were placed so the chords couldn't be plugged in. I later found cigarette butts and ashes every where behind the night stand when I attempted to plug in a lamp. Over all the room was not clean at all and found it impossible to get a good nights rest

Do your self a HUGE favor and go to one of the places down the street for 10$ more.

Room Tip: Go some where else.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank M_Smith520
Manitoba
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Very friendly staff. Larger room then most. I would suggest you stay here unless you are looking for a $200 room.

• Stayed November 2011
9 Thank Liquid10
Saint John, NB
Reviewed 19 July 2011

I have just recently returned from Regina and had the experience of staying at the Sunrise Motel. I was in Regina a total of two weeks and stayed here 13 out of 15 nights. The staff were very accomodating, friendly and pleasant. The manager was wonderful to us and went out of his way to make sure our stay was pleasant.

I have read some of the other reviews people have given and am agreeable on most of their comments. As for partying, 1 night out of 15 there was some and it was dealt with by the manager. There is not a motel/hotel that asks for party people to stay at their hotel, it just happens because people don't have the brains to think of others trying to sleep. It is also difficult for workers to judge what kind of people are checking into their motel.

The rooms were quite clean with very new bathrooms and I NEVER seen 1 bed bug.

As for staying here again, I definately would! Thank You G. and the rest of the staff for providing a home away from home.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank hatfieldpoint
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 16 July 2011

My wife and I and my child. Moving to Western province. We had to stay because of some weather. My child was sick with a fever. We came to find out that there was no heat and none of the heaters were working. When the owner came he complained about us bothering him out of his home. That he felt fine, but was wearing a jacket. There was no refunds no nothing. Lets just say we will never ever go back there and they are lucky they did not have a court case on them. They never did respond to our concerns properly.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
6 Thank JoeJoe2011
edmonton
Reviewed 14 July 2011

We were in Regina for a wedding and stayed in this motel.When we reserved the room a week earlier we never expected this place to be this nice,because of the price.But to our surprise the room was very clean new furniture new bathroom.We think it was very good for the price we paid.We will recommend it to everybody we know going to stay in Regina.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family