Spent 5 nights recently at the hotel and everything was generally very good. The breakfast is excellent, always lots of food, and starts at a reasonable time of 6:30. My preference when traveling from the east would be to have breakfast served earlier, but I think I am in the minority. The breakfast area is virtually empty until 07:00. While waiting for the breakfast area to open, I walk across the parking lot for a Tim Horton’s coffee.
The rooms are clean, well maintained, the free wi-fi has a strong signal in the rooms and breakfast area. Free Globe and Mail, even Saturday dropped at all rooms before 05:00!
There isn't much recognition for a Priority Club member; a bottle of water at check-in is quite weak. It was very dry in the hotel; a bottle of water a day in the room would have been much more appreciated.
Regina had a recent snowfall and the temperature stayed below the freezing point a good part of the day and overnight. I don't understand why the hotel wouldn't put a little salt in the parking lot to melt the ice? It was very slippery. The overnight low was -9 or -10, and salt works fine at that temperature. Why risk injury to patrons by leaving a layer of ice throughout the parking lot? Is it because everyone else does?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Regina hotel conveniently located near Regina International Airport You can expect outstanding service at our Regina accommodations, located off the Trans-Canada Hwy near Wascana Park and the RCMP Training Academy. This brand new South Regina hotel is ideal for families since it is close to the Saskatchewan Science Centre-Imax, Sk. Royal Museum, McKenzie Art Gallery, University of Regina and SK Sports Hall of Fame. Several shopping venues are nearby, including Southland and Golden Mile Mall within walking distance. Additional area attractions include the Mosaic Stadium, home of Sk. Roughriders Football Team and Brandt Centre for our Regina Pat's. Business travelers looking for lodging in Regina will enjoy their stay at our hotel near the Regina International Airport (YQR). Our hotel offers premium business amenities, such as two large meeting spaces with seating for 285 guests and a 24-hour business centre, with copy, fax and print services. Our Regina accommodations are also conveniently located near many area businesses, including SK Energy, Evraz, Global Regina and Brandt Tractor. In addition, the Casino Regina is less than six km. from our hotel in Regina. While lodging at our hotel in Regina, SK, you can enjoy the heated indoor pool, relaxing whirlpool and fitness center, complimentary high speed Internet and hot breakfast bar. Stay Smart at our hotel, and enjoy great Regina hotel deals and rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, IHG, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Regina South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Regina South Hotel Regina
- Holiday Inn Express Regina South Canada - Saskatchewan