We stayed here New Year's Eve of 2011. We wanted to get away for one night for a mini vacation with our toddler after the business of the Holiday season. After checking out the Science Center, we checked in to the hotel at 4 p.m.
Upon walking into the room, we were very impressed. The room was in immaculate condition. Beds were made nicely, art was tasteful, bathrooms were sparlking, furniture was new and there were no room odours. The only thing is that the fridge seemed warm (even though it was on), and after my husband (who is an electrician) checked it out couldn't get it working, we just let the front desk know. When we left for supper,they either replaced it, or got it working, but either way it worked.
My 2 year old son and I went to the pool around 7p.m. and to my surprise the pool was very warm (most hotel pools I find freezing), and the hot tub was perfect. There were only 2 other people in the pool which was a nice treat. The pool area was very well taken care of and clean. It is a simple pool and hot tub, with no waterslide, etc. It was also too deep for my son to stand on his own (3 feet on one end, and 5 on the other), but that was not a big deal.
A few random things I noticed:
-Shower pressure was great
-Nice selection of TV channels
-There was a choice on each bed of 2 firm and 2 soft pillows, and the pillow cases were labelled as to which they were
-The beds were very comfy and not saggy at all
-Elevator was quick every time we used it
-Plug in parking was available
-Easy access off Albert Street
-TIM HORTONS right in the parking lot!!! This was a big bonus! Haha
The night was very quiet and we had a wonderful sleep, even after seeing a few young adults in the rooms next to us (as it was New Year's Eve and we expected partying). We were very impressed on how quiet it was.
The morning breakfast was wonderful!!! Well worth the stay for the complementary breakfast that consisted of:
Bacon, scrambeled eggs, fresh pancakes, fresh cinnamon buns and scones (these were all heated foods)
Coffee, hot water for tea, oatmeal, hot choc, etc.
Toast, bagels, breakfast muffin, etc.
Fridge plump full of single-serve milk (skim, 1%, and 2%), 2 brands of yogurts, hard-boiled eggs, etc.
Fresh fruit (bananas, apples, oranges)
It was a very large area for breakfast as well-about 15-20 tables, and there was a highchair as well.
All in all this hotel is in the top of our hotel stays ever. I have already recommended it to family, and will pass the good word along.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Regina hotel conveniently located near Regina International Airport You can expect outstanding service at our Regina accommodations, located off the Trans-Canada Hwy near Wascana Park and the RCMP Training Academy. This brand new South Regina hotel is ideal for families since it is close to the Saskatchewan Science Centre-Imax, Sk. Royal Museum, McKenzie Art Gallery, University of Regina and SK Sports Hall of Fame. Several shopping venues are nearby, including Southland and Golden Mile Mall within walking distance. Additional area attractions include the Mosaic Stadium, home of Sk. Roughriders Football Team and Brandt Centre for our Regina Pat's. Business travelers looking for lodging in Regina will enjoy their stay at our hotel near the Regina International Airport (YQR). Our hotel offers premium business amenities, such as two large meeting spaces with seating for 285 guests and a 24-hour business centre, with copy, fax and print services. Our Regina accommodations are also conveniently located near many area businesses, including SK Energy, Evraz, Global Regina and Brandt Tractor. In addition, the Casino Regina is less than six km. from our hotel in Regina. While lodging at our hotel in Regina, SK, you can enjoy the heated indoor pool, relaxing whirlpool and fitness center, complimentary high speed Internet and hot breakfast bar. Stay Smart at our hotel, and enjoy great Regina hotel deals and rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Regina South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Regina South Hotel Regina
- Holiday Inn Express Regina South Canada - Saskatchewan