“Don't waste your time!”

Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites
Ranked #30 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Reviewed 25 August 2011

What a disappointment! The website photos and description are very deceiving and what you see is definitely not what you get. The front of the hotel is rather shabby looking but the website promised fully renovated rooms so we thought we’d give the place a try. Never again! Before we even entered the lobby we were approached in the parking lot by two separate beggars Even my 10 year old neice said the hotel looked like a dump. The lobby is modern looking but the adjacent pool area is shabby and very dated. The hallways and elevators very dirty and in much need of repair. As soon as we opened the door to our room (which had graffiti scratched in it) we knew we could not sleep in there. The rooms were crammed with dated furniture there was an extension cord running across the room and under the metal bed frame, the room smelled and the bedding looked dirty and well used. We turned around and left. The front desk staff was friendly and were apologetic to us but the hotel was not to our liking at all! It did not match in any way the room that was advertised online, otherwise we would not have booked there to begin with.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank nalowe
Bev1110, General Manager at Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2011

First I want to thank you for taking the time to post a comment, second I want to thank you for not staying at our hotel. Clearly, based on your comments, we would have never lived up to your expectations.
We are very proud of the renovations to our hotel and if you read the comments posted here, I have admitted that our furniture is not brand new, but our mattresses and bedding are. We also boast new flat screen T.V.'s. Our hall carpets are not new, but regularly shampooed and soon to be replaced. One project at a time.
Our hotel is clean and our staff provide exceptional customer service and our renovations are almost complete.
In order to avoid disappointment in the future, ensure the hotel you book is a 4 star or better.
Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed 12 August 2011

I was there on bussiness in April or march...i cannot recall at the moment and the hotel staff where completely unwilling to help me with some printing I needed. The had a computer the was so old and the programming was so old that my jumper was not recognized by their system. How come a hotel named chateau has old equipment and heartless staff? I was told by the staff that I could go to the Staples down the road to get printing done. Too bad I am from out of town and this is inconvenient for me, but the staff don't care. they didn't even offer to use there own systems behind the desk or one that the manager would have to print off a few pages. Thanks for nothing! The elevator and hallways and room were dirty and unkempt. I won't be back!

Richard Casey Harvey

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank caseyharvey
Bev1110, General Manager at Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2011

Dear Valued Guest,
Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused to you when you were unable to get your material printed at the front desk.
We do provide customers with a USB stick who request to download material for printing and are more than happy to provide printing services at the front desk.
In regard to your comment about cleanliness, my Executive Housekeeper takes extreme pride in the cleanliness of each room. Yes, our hallway carpets are stained and are slated for replacement, but they are not dirty. The are shampooed on a regular basis (the stains just don't come out anymore) and vacuumed daily. We are working on getting them changed out as soon as possible because we realize they do not present well, however, we know they are clean.
Thank you so much for your response.
Sincerely Yours

Reviewed 3 August 2011

Everytime we come to Regina, Chateau Regina is our home away from home.
We have always found the rooms to be tastefully decorated, clean and very comfortable. Being sticklers for clean bathrooms, our's did not disappoint. We find the mini fridge quite handy.

The gym too is handy for keeping in shape while on the road and there's nothing more refreshing than a swim before we turn in for the night.

General manager, Bev Herperger, and her staff are very professional and couldn't be more than helpful, making our stay most pleasant. We would definitely recommend the Chateau Regina.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments and very complimentary remarks. You made my day a Happy Day!!!
We certainly appreciate your feedback, but even more, we value you as a loyal guest and look forward to your return.

We are proud that we can be your "home away from home"

Reviewed 2 August 2011

Upon arrival, the non smoking room was definitely smoking.There was a homeless man rooting through garbage. Our car got a big ding in it from some inconsiderate that was also staying there and when I went outside at night to get more pillows from car, I was accosted from a man begging for help.This seemed to be the norm at the hotel. Not only does it cost more than Victoria, it also has no continential breakfast and a bad element and I would not reccomend to anyone. unexceptable!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kpp40
Bev1110, General Manager at Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. Immediately upon checking into your non-smoking room you should have advised the front desk that you detected a smoke odor and we would have changed your room. I apologize for that experience and we do impose heavy penalties on those people who do smoke in non-smoking rooms.
In regard to the breakfast, we offer a full hot breakfast to our guests upon qualifying rates, which means if you do not have a specially negotiated rate with our hotel you would qualify.
As for the homeless people in Regina, it is sad that they have to root through dumpsters, but in an effort to eliminate this, we have a put locks on our bins.

Reviewed 19 July 2011

I stayed here for a week and can't say enough about Bev and her staff! They all know their jobs and help out wherever they can. I would recommend this hotel anytime. The lounge staff are great to sit and have a drink with.

Thanks Bev, carol, Nicole, and Jen

Dan Horner, Saskatoon, Sk
Areoman1964@gmail.com
Thanks Bev, Carol, Nicole, and Jen!

• Stayed: July 2011

Dear Valued Guest,
WOW! Thank you for your great comments and I will be sure to give the rest of the staff a pat on the back! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and as a team, we try to make each guest's experience a good one! We look forward to your return visits.

Reviewed 18 July 2011

I had to work out in Regina, I dont have a credit card but that wasn't an issue for this hotel. Tyrone checked me in very late one night and after i got into my room he called to see if everything was ok. Something other hotels don't do. The beds are awesome i really enjoyed my stay and Ill be back.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business

You know, I really love to get reviews like the one you posted. It says so much about our hotel and staff and all the unexpected little perks you can find at Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites that you just were not expecting! Our beds are awesome, our staff is awesome and if you don't have a credit card you are still welcome at our hotel. There is a deposit required on the room, but you get that back in the morning when you check out. Not too many hotels offer that service anymore. I am so glad you discovered our hotel and thank you for your review!

Reviewed 8 July 2011

To begin, when I write a review I always consider the Hotel's star rating and price. For example, I know not to expect the same service and quality at a motel versus a hotel or versus a resort. So I would rate it accordingly.

Be Prepared to stay in a motel for hotel prices at Chateau Regina.

I could complain about the chipped and bubbling paint everywhere, the dirty floors, the run down furnishings and decor. Or perhaps I could complain about the musty smell and sketchy elevator. I could also say how weary I was seeing the bars on the ground floor windows, boarded up windows on side of building and an strange communal BBQ placed on side entrance and the unlocked hotel doors without card entry or even the shifty people outside. (Tip: you don't need bars on the window if you had the doors locked...)

But I won't. All I want to say, if you take over a hotel and don't have the cash to fix the worn out elevator buttons, an office supply store can provide sticker numbers... maybe that is not the best solution but anything.... please.... anything.... but a black magic marker number written on the button with the penmanship of a five year old. When I saw that, there was no question that within half an hour we would be at Holiday Inn.

Do go here. Do not waste your time.

PS I must add, I have know idea what hotel is depicted on the pictures on thier website.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank authentics
Bev1110, General Manager at Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2011

I read your review and am still trying to figure out how one number in an elevator can affect your stay at a hotel.
I am really going to jump to defend our hotel here. The pictures on our website are most definitely the rooms in our hotel. We pride ourselves on the number of compliments we get on the cleanliness of our rooms and the exceptional customer service offered by the staff.

To address some of your other concerns: No, all of our furniture may not be brand new, but our mattresses and linens sure are! The BBQ at the side of the hotel is for use of our guests, who really appreciate it. We have several guests who call our hotel home and enjoy a BBQ with their friends or co-workers after work. As you would have noticed, our windows open ~ the bars on the first floor are strictly for the safety of guests.
We have made massive improvement to this hotel and our next project is to replace the carpets in the hallways.
My staff and I are all very proud of the great changes that have been made to this hotel in the last couple of years and we will strive to be better and better each year!
I am very sorry you did not enjoy your stay. Give us another chance in about 3 -4 months when our carpets are installed and be sure to ask for an Executive Suite. You will not be disappointed. It is a five star room for a three star price!!