“Great Experience”

Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites
Ranked #30 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Reviewed 3 January 2012

We had the opportunity to spend 10 days at the Chateau Regina. I have got to say that the front end staff, including the General Manager Bev Herperger were by far the best staff we have ever dealt with. Not only were they sypathetic to a horrible experience we had to deal with, they did everything in their power to make our stay enjoyable and comforting. We will remember this forever and appreciate it very much. We look forward to our stay again in 2012.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Heather S
Bev1110, General Manager at Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2012

Thank you very much for your review. It was our pleasure having you as a guest in our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again.

There are newer reviews for Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites

Reviewed 3 January 2012

In my experience the name "Chateau" would make me think of a beautiful building. Upon arrival we knew that was not going to be the case. The lobby/pool is what you would expect to see at a 2 star motel at best. The pool and what some may consider a hot tub were in total view of any total stranger walking through the lobby or outside of this building, and from what we seen this is not a good thing at all. The lighting in these pictures must have cost a fortune!!! The rooms do not look anything like what you see online. I see alot of replies from the manager of this property arguing this fact, but it is very deceiving. First night of our stay I went to relax in the hot tub after putting the kids to sleep and you may as well just call it a semi-warm pool. The jets were basically circulating the water which had an odd smell to begin with. The change room looked like it hadnt been cleaned properly in months and I felt dirtier getting out of the "shower" then I did before i entered. The "suite" we were put in heated on one side and not the other, blew a breaker in the building 5 times and had extension cords running everywhere. I called down to the front desk to let them know the condition of their hot tub, change room and my suite. I was rudely told "there is no maintenance man on duty" and heard a click. The next morning upon check out I told the lady my experience and was offered a breakfast coupon for the restaurant next door that would basically cover the cost of half a meal. This building obviously needs extensive repairs, and a full inspection. The staff and management could also use some very basic customer service training. Would not recommend at all!!!

Room Tip: Another hotel....
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Randy J

Wow..your review stung a little, but I do appreciate your candid comments and regrettably, I have to agree with some of your points. Our hot-tub has undergone extensive repairs and refurbishing, but it still gives us some problems and unfortunately, during your stay the circulating pump went down. We have closed the hot-tub until we can get it running 100%.
I gave copies of your review to all staff in the hotel so that all of your concerns could be identified and remedied.
So therefore just prior to writing this response, I inspected the change rooms thoroughly and they were absolutely spotless.
I have personally inspected all of our suites, and I found the one referred to in your review. You are correct ~ there is a problem with the heater not working and a plug-in is not working. I have taken this room off-market and have called in an electrician to complete the repair.
I sincerely apologize for the cavalier attitude taken by my staff when you brought your concerns to their attention. "Rude" is not how I would describe my front desk staff, but I have certainly informed them of your comments and advised them how the matter should have been handled. This room should not have been rented out without it being in perfect condition and you should have been moved to a different room.
Thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention ~ we are fixing the problems!
On a final note, we do have beautiful suites and they are exactly as depicted in the photos. I really regret that you did not have a good experience with us on your last visit. We would love for you to come back and have a GREAT experience!

Reviewed 2 January 2012

We had an awesome stay in the Spa Suite at the Chateau Regine. The room was beautiful and clean and the staff was awesome........Very accomodating and friendly...Would definately recommend the Spa Suite to anyone wanting a romantic getaway..........Very relaxing!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Sounds like you brought in the New Year in a very good way! I am so glad you enjoyed yourself and had a memorable and romantic New Year's Eve!

Reviewed 21 November 2011

Staff are excellent, hospitable, friendly, and very helpful. Check-in time is sometimes lengthy.

• Stayed: November 2011

Thank you so very much for your kind review. We certainly appreciate your business.
Sincerely

Reviewed 13 November 2011

Our family had a great stay at the Chateau Regina. The Kids room was a great upgrade, with the bunk beds and the king bed in our side was a nice added feture. The pool area was fun for kids young and old alike. The staff was helpful and welcoming every step of the way.

Room Tip: if you're travalling with kids get the bunkbed room
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank radioactive1120

Sincerely

Reviewed 12 November 2011

Easy to make reservations on short notice. Clean, comfortable rooms with ALL ammenities. Pool and Hot tub were clean and great temperature. We had the whole area to ourselves the evening we stayed! Attached restaurant and Lounge was great. Staff were great. BONUS free breakfast at Smitty's and coupon for the Lounge too! Will definatley stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dee B
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Upon arriving in Regina afer a long day of travel we were extremely happy to call the Chateau Regina our home for the weekend. The front desk clerks were very friendly and made us feel welcome. The rooms were simple but very luxurious. We had a flat screen TV, which was a first for us to see. Pool and hot tub were very clean and relaxing. I couldnt help but notice that everyone just seemed to have a smile on their face. Overall it was a great stay and we will definetly be back!!!

Room Tip: The Suite we stayed in was extremely spacious
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple