“Getting better”

Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites
Ranked #30 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I was somewhat put off by earlier reviews of this property, but needed a place to stay in Regina on a night when there weren't many alternatives, so made the reservation with some trepidation. I was (somewhat) pleasantly surprised.

The hotel is old, and shows its age. The rooms are small, and the appointments are average at best. But it appears that the hotel has been taken over by a new group, possibly a family, and they seem to be trying to improve the results. The paint is new, as is the (plain) furniture. The parts of the hotel that I saw were clean. The staff was friendly enough, and generally reasonably prompt – not the best, not the worst I've experienced.

Their Internet was out, but it wasn't their fault. A delivery truck for Smitty's restaurant had brought down the phone line at the back of the structure, taking out phone and Internet for the whole street. The front desk didn't string me along, they told me the truth, and never made false promises. I appreciated that, even though it was irritating not having Internet access for a couple of hours. After that, it was fine.

Would I stay here again? Perhaps. If I were coming in to Regina from the east, and wanted someplace where it would be easy to get to the airport, then I might. This hotel is close to the Ring Road, a superhighway which drops you off south of the city, and pretty close to the airport. I made the trip during morning rush hour, which is pretty bad in Regina (from what I saw of it), but taking the Ring Road it only took me about 20 minutes.

I don't think I'd stay here except for utilitarian reasons – because it was convenient, for example. But it wasn't a bad stay, and there's a Smitty's restaurant right next door that you can get to without having to go outside.

All told, an OK stay in a not-glamourous, not fancy hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank World_Futurist
Abdul S, General Manager at Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to write your review – we do appreciate all feedback, as we strive to provide the best value for our guests.

I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and noticed the improvement we are trying to make. Although, hotel ownership is not changed but have new Management Team and we are investing in the hotel as well training to our associates to provide best possible service and product to our customers.

I am confidant that you will see more positive changes when you will visit us again.

Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Where do I even start. Check in was good. We were put on the third floor as soon as you get off the elevator all you smell is pot, carpet is dirty walked in our single room it was so small and wasn't the upgraded room I was promised. Then talked to the manager that was there she showed me a double room across the hallway looked ok so moved everything over and lifted the bed sheets and it was all dirty and wet and had chunky stuff on it. Kleenex was all around the bed and in bathroom. The room was just dirty. Called front desk they moved me again to another room finally a room that was clean... Well what I can see anyways. I don't think I would stay here again. Was trying to find another hotel but everything was booked for my second stay so had to stay here or sleep in my truck. This hotel needs major Reno.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Abdul S, General Manager at Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Guest,

I am so sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. It appears that we definitely failed when it comes to housekeeping. My staff and I reviewed each of your comments and have taken appropriate action to resolve each issue. In addition, we are re-evaluating our inspection processes to ensure these type of issues do not occur in the future.
I am pleased to know that our Sales Manager was able to help you by upgrading you to two rooms suite with complimentary breakfast for remaining stay.
I am also informed by my Sales Manager that you were satisfied with hotel services and willing to consider us again for your future visit.
Hope to serve you again in near future.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 17 March 2014

The only positive things I can say about the hotel: they have a washer and dryer, and free cookies everyday. That's it. The rooms they show on their website and on here are not a representation of most of their rooms. Yes the lobby has been redone to look nice. The room was barely bigger than our bed. You'd could only get into the bed on one said and there was no where to put our luggage. If you wanted to use a wall charger, which there was only one, you had to turn the heater off. Since it was -34F that was rather unpleasant to do. Thin, tiny old blankets, tiny pillows. It was one of the most pathetic beds I have seen in 26 countries. The blankets were so tired looking that they came off as dirty and I was quite reluctant to sleep there, but didn't have a choice. Very disappointing.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Abdul S, General Manager at Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Chateau Regina Hotel. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations.

I am somewhat surprised to read your comments regarding bedding. Since start of March 2014 we put new bedding in all of non smoking rooms and working our way to smoking rooms. All blankets have been replaced with new duvets. We also purchased new pillows to go with new bedding.
I would like you to experience the changes made since your last visit. Please contact me directly on 306-551-1389 when you plan your next visit to Regina.

Once again, my sincere apologies for uncomfortable stay with us.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I have stayed here a couple times. Very pleased! Staff are so friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean, spacious, comfortable and quiet. Beds are so comfy!! I had booked a room but due to unexpected circumstances I had to cancel, it was past the 24 hr. cancellation. Manager was so kind to grant the cancellation. Next time I needed a hotel room, I knew exactly where I was booking. Thanks to the Chateau Regina staff for making my stay very pleasant.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Abdul S, General Manager at Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay at Chateau Regina Hotel.
We appreciate your feedback and I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Your positive comments regarding hotel staffs and Manager will be shared with everyone.

We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

When we first pulled into the parking lot I was a bit worried because the place looked pretty run down. Definitely didn't match the photos I saw of the inside of the property. We stayed in a spa suite which was very nice. You can tell they have combined two rooms into one through renos but they did a good job. As you enter there was a big corner jetted tub in the "living room" with desk, couch, chair, mini fridge and tv. Through a set of French doors is the bedroom with a king size bed and washroom. The vanity and toilet both seem new however the shower area was for lack of a better word "icky looking" small square tiles with stained grout anywhere just isn't appealing at all. Shower area in bathroom definitely needs an update to become even remotely appealing and match the rest of the room. Bed and pillows were very comfortable!! And there was another tv in the bedroom area. Besides the shower update, the only other issue I had were the lack of working outlets in the room. You could feel the freezing cold air from outside coming through them.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thanks you very much for taking time to write online review for your stay ay our property.
I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I have noted your suggestion in regards to upgrading shower area. I have also spoken with Housekeeping Department regarding non-functional outlets. I am assured by Housekeeping Manager that room attendants will check each outlet before releasing the room to sell.
I do apologies for the inconvenience you faced.

I look forward to welcome you back in near future.

Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

Comfortable room, comfortable bed, clean and spacious, very good location, friendly staff, pool is great, gym, and restaurant serves a very good food! Really liked to stay here and will be definitely come back, if I'm back in Regina... A++

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Matbonf
Abdul S, General Manager at Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Chateau Regina Hotel. We truly value the opinions. I am very pleased to know that our associates provided friendly service during your stay and you found rooms to be clean. Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission.

We look forward to serving you for many years to come.