“Older, good location to get off and on Trans Canada”

Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites
Ranked #30 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We overnighted at the hotel en route east during the Saskatchewan floods of June 2014. Wanted a place on the east side of town for an early start.

Location is right on the Trans Canada Highway. Pretty far from downtown or any attractions but somewhat close to shopping and a couple of restaurants.

Price not bad for a big city, $111 plus taxes for seniors
Reservations made by phone, OK. Check-In and check-out were seamless

The building is clearly older. Looks like renovations have been underway, slowly, over some years. The marquee is unfinished plywood, and a little weathered at that ... a little off-putting at first but inside it gets better.

Front lobby has that "old hotel" smell although mercifully the halls do not.
Our one queen bed room was a little on the small side but everything worked.

Restaurant attached to the lobby and bar is "Smitty's", a pretty good one as Smitty's go. The front desk staff at the hotel didn't know the restaurant would be closed on the July 1 holiday morning.

They have a small pool, looked clean, did not use it.

Cleanliness -- gave it 5 for room and bath. Floor passed the dust bunny test.

Noise: quiet, some noise from adjacent rooms and hall but OK.
Nice to have a window that opened, get away from air conditioner racket.
Bathroom older fixtures but everything worked. Nice to see full size one piece tub.
- Internet - pretty good for a hotel, didn't work in restaurant
- Coffee maker in the room had decaf
- Fridge in the room, it worked, quiet.
- TV channels - Shaw digital, worked well.
- Breakfast NA on holiday morning (July 1), walked down the street, a bit of a hike.

Room Tip: Room on the rear of hotel is quieter. Location is on a main highway.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank energizer090
Abdul S, General Manager at Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Chateau Regina Hotel.
We are truly grateful to you for choosing us for your recent stay in Regina. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are in process of upgrading our property.
Reno's will continue all summer. I am confidant that you will notice much better product one you visit us again next time.

Thanks Again.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night in a king suite on a complimentary stay. The room was clean, plenty of linens/pillows but grabbed extra towels at the pool as we ended up with 7 people there for a bit (friends' flight was delayed from 2pm until midnight!) Staff was friendly, got 4 breakfast vouchers upon request. Parking was fine out front but behind seemed a little sketchy near personal residences.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking time to write online review of your recent stay at Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites. I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Your comments will be shared with all associates. Looking forward to serve you again in near future.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

The company put me up here for a night on business. It was one of the few in town with vacancies this week, and at $169 and boasting a complimentary hot breakfast, we figured it would be decent. It was clear that they had recently spent a bit of money on the lobby and spruced up the rooms a little, but throwing a meager amount of money on a 1970's dive doesn't really justify premium rates.
My room was roughly 100 square feet and clean with a nice duvet. I entered easily without using my key after finding the door ajar, and was happy to get out off the pot smoke filled hallway. With the doors being paper thin, I heard every noisy neighbor slam and trudge up and down the halls. To boot, the bed had a special property where it was able to make noise every time I moved. It sounded just like sleeping on an air mattress or balloon.
The next morning, prior to checking out, I inquired about the hot breakfast and was told I didn't qualify. Given the opportunity, I would have saved $70 and stayed at a Super 8 for a similar quality room. Don't trust the pictures.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Grumpyguy2014
Abdul S, General Manager at Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Chateau Regina Hotel. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations.

My staff and I reviewed each of your comments and have taken appropriate action to resolve each issue in the room you occupied.

At Chateau Regina, we are already working on solutions that will prevent similar problems from occurring in the future.

once again, I sincerely apologies.

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

I was very happy to take my brother's family here when we came up for a kid's event. Price was extremely reasonable and I was able to upgrade to a jacuzzi suite for my brother and his wife. The staff were so friendly and so nice to the kids! It was 50 below the day we were there so of course the pool was cold but that's not anyone's fault. Quite happy with our stay

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feedback and I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Your comments will be shared with all associates.

Thanks Again.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed here while travelling through Regina, the main reason I came here was due to the lower price point, which was a fair price (unlike many other hotels in regina which are overpriced).

The room itself was very good, no complaints, it had a large TV, it smelled a bit funny but it was ok. The bathrooms were clean, although the ceiling was very low. The beds were good and it was a quality room.

Now this is either the big pro, or the con.

This hotel is ATTACHED to a very seedy night club, in a very seedy area of Regina, so expect drunk people, possible hookers, and rowdy kids to be running around, yapping, and yelling.

The parking lots have signs on them saying "PARK AT YOUR OWN RISK, WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR STOLEN GOODS OR BREAK INS" Yeah that makes me feel real good, where the hell else am I going to park?? 10km away? Why on earth can you guys not at least hold SOME responsibility over your own parking lots. Now I had no problems, but it made me very nervous.

The staff were fine, no problems there, and that "pool" is more of a large bathtub.

Either way, if you are on a budget and don't mind taking a chance of someone breaking in your car, this is an acceptable place. Again, if it wasn't for the ghetto location, it would be a great hotel. But I do have a feeling that this place maintains its business on a symbiotic relationship with that club, and drunk couples / new "friends" needing a place to stay.

And hey, if you are part of the seedy nightclub scene, then this hotel is a match made in heaven. As for someone passing through, it wasn't a huge trill.

I would give this 2 stars if the rooms weren't so good, at least the room I was in was great so it is a bit tricky to rate.

Room Tip: Don't be fooled by the name, and avoid coming here on fridays / saturdays due to the nightclub...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Carl K
Abdul S, General Manager at Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay at Chateau Regina Hotel. It’s only with feedback such as yours that we can get better and better. So we appreciate you helping us improve.

I am very pleased to know that you liked your room and find staff friendly and helpful.

Regarding "Park at your own rick" signs, it's to caution guest that they must not leave any valuable in vehicles. Also, due to the location of our hotel its not possible for us to provide security for each vehicle in our parking lot. As matter of fact other establishments which has paid parking, even they do not take any responsibility of stolen goods or damage to the vehicles.

We are making few changes to re-direct lounge cliental away from the hotel, I hope to implement these changes by end of June 2014. Your point is well taken, I understand your frustration, and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

It is my goal to restore your confidence in our Hotel by solving this problems and preventing it from happening again.

I look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Had a great time. The place was nice and clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. There was lots of parking and also it is in a decent end of town close to pots of shopping malls and places of all kinds and sorts that can please anyone.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank kats420
Abdul S, General Manager at Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Chateau Regina Hotel. We truly value the opinions. I am very pleased to know that our associates provided friendly service during your stay. Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission.

Your comments will be shared with all associates.

We hope to serve you again in near future.

Thanks Again,

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Lovely little hotel. We paid a rate of 110$ for the night. Rooms are small but clean and make good use of space. Bed was smaller than average (a queen that wasn't!) and comfort is a matter of opinion. Being almost 5 months pregnant with bad hip pain I didn't expect a good night's sleep anyway, so was pleasantly surprised to find the bed comfortable and got a good night's sleep. The pillows were noticeably new and comfy. My husband, however, found the bed too soft, uncomfortable, and his back hurt the next day.

This place is nothing fancy, but for the price I was very happy with the cleanliness and accommodations. I would stay here again, for sure!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Abdul S, General Manager at Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Hope to serve you again in near future.