We overnighted at the hotel en route east during the Saskatchewan floods of June 2014. Wanted a place on the east side of town for an early start.
Location is right on the Trans Canada Highway. Pretty far from downtown or any attractions but somewhat close to shopping and a couple of restaurants.
Price not bad for a big city, $111 plus taxes for seniors
Reservations made by phone, OK. Check-In and check-out were seamless
The building is clearly older. Looks like renovations have been underway, slowly, over some years. The marquee is unfinished plywood, and a little weathered at that ... a little off-putting at first but inside it gets better.
Front lobby has that "old hotel" smell although mercifully the halls do not.
Our one queen bed room was a little on the small side but everything worked.
Restaurant attached to the lobby and bar is "Smitty's", a pretty good one as Smitty's go. The front desk staff at the hotel didn't know the restaurant would be closed on the July 1 holiday morning.
They have a small pool, looked clean, did not use it.
Cleanliness -- gave it 5 for room and bath. Floor passed the dust bunny test.
Noise: quiet, some noise from adjacent rooms and hall but OK.
Nice to have a window that opened, get away from air conditioner racket.
Bathroom older fixtures but everything worked. Nice to see full size one piece tub.
- Internet - pretty good for a hotel, didn't work in restaurant
- Coffee maker in the room had decaf
- Fridge in the room, it worked, quiet.
- TV channels - Shaw digital, worked well.
- Breakfast NA on holiday morning (July 1), walked down the street, a bit of a hike.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites has a great hotel experience ready for you. For the business traveler, it's a place to rest your head after a long day in one of our Executive Suites. For a romantic retreat, our jetted tub suites offer king-size comfort and relaxation in a two room suite. We also welcome long term stays in our Efficiency units, which are fully equipped with a microwave, fridge, cook top and all necessary cooking utensils. Relax at the end of the day in our hot tub or enjoy a leisurely swim in our heated indoor pool. "At Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites, we promise to deliver unparalleled excellence in hospitality at an affordable rate." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Regina Hotel Regina
- Chateau Regina Hotel And Suites
- Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites Canada - Saskatchewan