“dated outside , but nice rooms inside”

Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites
Ranked #29 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Alberta
“dated outside , but nice rooms inside”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

we had a suite, king bed was comfortable, living room furnishings were modern, ,when booking I stated that there would be 4 of us, told the couch was a hide a bed, it wasn't but after speaking to the desk we got a rollaway cot delivered to the room, room was clean

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Abdul S, General Manager at Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Guest,

We appreciated your feedback and I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us
We are in process of renovating our property. We have started the Reno's of guestrooms and public area, soon after that we will start outside of the hotel.
Whole renovation will be completed by summer of 2015

Thanks Again for your comments.

Abdul

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Winnipeg
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had a suite, which was well laid out with French doors separating the bedroom and bathroom from the sitting area and kitchen. The bedroom had a huge king size bed which was quite comfortable and the bathroom adjoining. The sitting area was nicely furnished with modern end tables and desk as well as a TV. The kitchen area had a sink, fridge and microwave oven, as well as a small coffee machine.

I slept on the pull out couch which had a very lumpy, thin mattress and was not comfortable. The second and third night we put the comforter from the king bed under my sheet and that helped a lot.

The hotel is quite old and the doors to the rooms should be replaced. There is quite a gap all around the door so that in the night the light shines in all around it. One evening when we returned to our suite about 7:00 PM we found the door had been left ajar by the cleaning staff.

The housekeeping staff forgot to leave us our daily ration of coffee, tea, cups, glasses, etc two days in a row. The first time we phoned the front desk to request that we get them, we were asked to come down and pick them up at the front desk. (NOT VERY GOOD SERVICE!)

We don't think that our carpet was vacuumed at all during our stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Chateau Regina Hotel. We truly value the opinions of our customers.

I am glad to know that you liked your room and decor in sitting area. I have noted your concerns regarding thin mattress in pullout couch as well quality of doors to the rooms.

Please accept my apologies for unfriendly front desk service. There is no excuse for this kind of service even if front desk agent is busy. we have enough staff in other departments to deliver such items. I have discussed this issue in front office meeting and also taken action to ensure that this does not happened to future customers.

We look forward to seeing you in near future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The room we stayed in was the hot tub suite. It was cheap price and the bedding was of a good standard and clean. Bed was comfy and very clean. I read the awful reviews of bed bugs but no sign. Rooms were recently repaired as I could see paint where it shouldn't be. It wasn't finished to a high standard which is a real shame. Facilities ok, new and clean. No real issues here as great price for budget hotel with hot tub.
However the bathroom was disgusting. It was average clean and cracked tiles with orange pink mould. I found a few hairs. Toilet was clean. I didn't use the shower for the night we stayed as I am fussy.
The bathroom needs to be of same standard as the rest of the room. I did not complain as we were happy with the bed for the night for that price. Definitely no bed bugs.
Overall great location and price and a bed for the night. Shame about the bathroom. I hope they repair it.
I would not stay again or recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DeePoochie
Dear Guest,

I am so sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. It appears that we definitely failed when it comes to cleaning and maintenance of bathroom. My staff and I reviewed each of your comments and have taken appropriate action to resolve each issue in the room you occupied. In addition, we are re-evaluating our inspection processes to ensure these type of issues do not occur in the future.
Again, we are terribly sorry that your first experience with Chateau Regina Hotel was not a good one, but invite you to give us another try. We greatly appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to improve and provide a better experience

Thank You.
Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This place doesn't make for an easy review. It's an older building, and the rooms show-stucco style interior finish, bits and details needing repair or replacement here and there in hallways and the room. I mention it just to paint the picture-I'm not a fan of our throw away society and don't want to suggest that hotels are automatically dumps after a certain age-or need to be gutted. We arrived at 3:00, which is check-in time, and had to wait a few minutes as they didn't have a double-double room ready. When we left to go out for the football game at 4:30 there were some upset people in the lobby, also being told rooms weren't available or ready even though they'd reserved. When we entered the room there was a heavy chemical smell that triggered a little asthma with me-but I turned on the air conditioner and we went out-I was aware the room had just been cleaned-and the smell was almost all gone by the time we got back later. The beds were perfectly comfortable, towels and linens were all clean and ready and there were the regular comforts of a decent hotel room. It was quiet through the night and the staff was perfectly friendly. We've been on a road trip, and we had the room for $129. To be perfectly honest, we've had better value in rooms everywhere else, but it seems Regina is a bit expensive for rooms right now, the town was almost completely booked the night we were there with a music festival and football game going on (which is why some people were standing around waiting for rooms rather than just leaving I guess) and so I don't imagine the price and value were out of line with other places in Regina. There was enough evidence for me that the management is putting some funds into fixing up and upgrading the place and so there is a decent chance I would have another go here when I pass through Regina and need a stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Michael S
Abdul S, General Manager at Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for spending your time to give us a straight and detailed feedback.
The satisfaction of our guests has highest priority. We express regret that guests had to wait for the room even after check in time. Delay was due to the fact that we had over 85 rooms departures that morning which is way higher number of rooms would depart at any given day. Although we were aware of checkouts and had staff ready to clean the rooms but due to weekend guests start checking out later then original check out time which caused the delay.

Regarding the smell when entering the room, we are very sorry. I have instructed the housekeepers to only use small amount of air freshener in rooms.

We are in process of upgrading our property. So far we have renovated guestrooms and hallway. Currently we are working on entrance of the hotel and after that we will start installing new windows in guestrooms.

I am sure you will find improved product when you visit us next time.

Thanks Again
Canada
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We overnighted at the hotel en route east during the Saskatchewan floods of June 2014. Wanted a place on the east side of town for an early start.

Location is right on the Trans Canada Highway. Pretty far from downtown or any attractions but somewhat close to shopping and a couple of restaurants.

Price not bad for a big city, $111 plus taxes for seniors
Reservations made by phone, OK. Check-In and check-out were seamless

The building is clearly older. Looks like renovations have been underway, slowly, over some years. The marquee is unfinished plywood, and a little weathered at that ... a little off-putting at first but inside it gets better.

Front lobby has that "old hotel" smell although mercifully the halls do not.
Our one queen bed room was a little on the small side but everything worked.

Restaurant attached to the lobby and bar is "Smitty's", a pretty good one as Smitty's go. The front desk staff at the hotel didn't know the restaurant would be closed on the July 1 holiday morning.

They have a small pool, looked clean, did not use it.

Cleanliness -- gave it 5 for room and bath. Floor passed the dust bunny test.

Noise: quiet, some noise from adjacent rooms and hall but OK.
Nice to have a window that opened, get away from air conditioner racket.
Bathroom older fixtures but everything worked. Nice to see full size one piece tub.
- Internet - pretty good for a hotel, didn't work in restaurant
- Coffee maker in the room had decaf
- Fridge in the room, it worked, quiet.
- TV channels - Shaw digital, worked well.
- Breakfast NA on holiday morning (July 1), walked down the street, a bit of a hike.

Room Tip: Room on the rear of hotel is quieter. Location is on a main highway.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank energizer0_0
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Chateau Regina Hotel.
We are truly grateful to you for choosing us for your recent stay in Regina. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are in process of upgrading our property.
Reno's will continue all summer. I am confidant that you will notice much better product one you visit us again next time.

Thanks Again.
Medicine Hat, Canada
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night in a king suite on a complimentary stay. The room was clean, plenty of linens/pillows but grabbed extra towels at the pool as we ended up with 7 people there for a bit (friends' flight was delayed from 2pm until midnight!) Staff was friendly, got 4 breakfast vouchers upon request. Parking was fine out front but behind seemed a little sketchy near personal residences.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking time to write online review of your recent stay at Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites. I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Your comments will be shared with all associates. Looking forward to serve you again in near future.
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The company put me up here for a night on business. It was one of the few in town with vacancies this week, and at $169 and boasting a complimentary hot breakfast, we figured it would be decent. It was clear that they had recently spent a bit of money on the lobby and spruced up the rooms a little, but throwing a meager amount of money on a 1970's dive doesn't really justify premium rates.
My room was roughly 100 square feet and clean with a nice duvet. I entered easily without using my key after finding the door ajar, and was happy to get out off the pot smoke filled hallway. With the doors being paper thin, I heard every noisy neighbor slam and trudge up and down the halls. To boot, the bed had a special property where it was able to make noise every time I moved. It sounded just like sleeping on an air mattress or balloon.
The next morning, prior to checking out, I inquired about the hot breakfast and was told I didn't qualify. Given the opportunity, I would have saved $70 and stayed at a Super 8 for a similar quality room. Don't trust the pictures.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Grumpyguy2014
Abdul S, General Manager at Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Chateau Regina Hotel. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations.

At Chateau Regina, we are already working on solutions that will prevent similar problems from occurring in the future.

once again, I sincerely apologies.