“Very Nice”

Days Inn - Regina Airport West
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Reviewed 30 November 2011

I had a King bed, and it was so wonderful.. The colors of the rooms are so rich and inviting. The bed was comfortable, the bedding wonderful, and the room smelled nice..
Convenient to the airport. Will stay again when I need a place to stay in Regina.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank surfrgirl

Reviewed 24 October 2011

The hotel is almost a year old and starting to show wear. There are alot of construction workers staying here. Still a good place for the price. I travel for business and my complaint is the walls are paper thin here. Business center is terrible - at the front desk and the chair isn't the proper height for the table.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Kris A
DaysReginaWest, General Manager at Days Inn - Regina Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2011

Thank you for the time you took to post a review and we appreciate your feedback. Comments like yours help us to imporve our hotel for the future.

Reviewed 16 October 2011

We stayed here one night on our way home after some business in Saskatchewan. Much much better than the Raddison Hotel the night before.

The room was welcoming and clean. Even the pictures on the wall were great. One said RELAX, the other said DREAM. The bed was super comfy.

The tub was on the small size but not a real problem.

The free breakfast was what you would expect from a Day's Inn. Fresh toast / bagels, fruit, cereal yogurt and a waffle bar. Nothing fancy, but filling and a great start to the day. The area was clean and they had complementary newspapers.

The pool was great. The water was warmer than most hotels so adults could enjoy the water as well as the kids. I even tried the water slide lol! The hot tub was rather small for a hotel, but so relaxing. Because we weren't in a hurry, we even went for a soak before checking out.

The area around this hotel is being built up. There is a Wal-mart or Lowes within walking distance now, and a Tim Horton's was being built.

Although I never heard a plane, it is close to the airport and I overheard a few people requesting the shuttle to the airport for the next day. I would recommend calling ahead of time to make sure they have rooms available if you are interested in staying here.

Would I stay here again? You betcha!

Room Tip: When taking a shower, let the water run for awhile. Took a long time for the hot water to come up to...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank I_hate_the_cold

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business! If you are coming to the city on a Wednesday in November we host a weekly Guest Appreciate Wine Night at our hotel. We would love to have you attend!

Reviewed 2 October 2011

We were just beginning our "road trip" summer vacation and this hotel was the first stay on our 2 week vacation. And it was the best. When entering, we were greeted by very friendly, knowledgable staff. Our room was very clean and decorated very nicely. The continental breakfast was just awesome! Lots of choices as to what to eat as well as plenty of seating.
We were thrilled with our stay!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank snippybee
Reviewed 1 October 2011

Ok so let me start by saying I stayed here for 2 weeks on a business trip.
We were all treated very well except for one front desk staff had a little bit of an attitude that we really did not appriciate. I wish i had gotten her name.

ROOMS: I stayed in a basic room it was very large and spacious lots of counter space and minifridge. They were cleaned daily (not the bed sheets) but the cleaners did a fabulous job. always had fresh towels every day and place looked great.

HOTEL: The hotel is tastefully decorated and is brand new so its very clean it has a pool with water slide and hot tub although it does close down at 10 pm. which i though was kind of early considering. The room were decorted nicely as well. the air conditioner worked great and nice Furnature around.
They offered breakfast in teh morning which was great. Large selection of things for a freee breakfast. Waffles were my fav.
The staff were all very nice and very friendly. always helpful if we needed maps or any questions. except for one lady that worked the nights or evenings. She had an attitude made me feel uncomfortable by giving us attitude that we were laughing loudly outside. i didn't know there was such a thing. it was only early yet say 10pm or so. needless to say it was uncalled for.

Over all this hotel was great i liked it alot and would def stay here again if i was in the area.

Room Tip: basic room is fine
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank sheena11
Reviewed 7 September 2011

I arrived after 11 pm to my room, only to discover bugs in my bed. When I called down, the clerk came up, took pictures and suggested I move to another room, exhausted I packed up, only to have to go downstairs and get the room key, as well no help was offered to help me move my things... an apology was all that was offered for this inconvenience when we checked out. Customer service goes along way!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank Marie123456154935
random1111, Manager at Days Inn - Regina Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2011

At Days Inn Regina Airport West we take all pest control issues very seriously, especially now with the increased activity of Bed Bugs in Canada. Our hotel works very closely with Abel Pest Control, who does monthly inspections of our hotel. All of our staff are also trained to daily inspect for and notify of any Bed Bug issues. It is our policy that if any incident is reported, we immediately bring in our pest control specialist to inspect. In this case before the guest departed from our hotel, our pest control specialist had verified that there were no Bed Bugs present in the room.

Due to our location, climate and time of year, there are many harmless insects that can occasionally come into the hotel. While our housekeeping staff is vigilant at removing all traces, occasionally one can be missed. To date we have not had a single case of bed bugs at our hotel. We will continue to be vigilant and work closely with our pest control inspector to ensure that all precautions are taken to avoid any future issues.

Reviewed 28 August 2011

Stayed for a week at this hotel for business. I ended up walking in to the hotel to see if they had accommodations, because I accidentally booked another hotel far away from my conference. They were able to accommodate me on short notice. The hotel is nice and new. Rooms are comfortable and decor is great. I was on the 4th floor and at times I could hear the kids at the waterslide, but it wasn't bothersome. I didnt have a chance to use the pool area. The free breakfast was great and adequately stocked. Lots of choices. The hotel is still in the process of being worked on and one thing still to be developed is more parking lots. Would stay here again.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business