“Great stay, great quality”

Best Western Seven Oaks Hotel
Ranked #15 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here on two separate visits, both times were great. Yes it was a little noisy because of the pool, but the noise ended by 9.

First stay we had a bad visit at Rickys restaurant, however the on duty manager did an amazing job to resolve it, and since then we ate there three times, and we LOVED it.

Second stay we booked last minute and we were on the first floor with a window to the back parking lot. We heard the train twice, and a little noise from the beach volleyball, but neither were the least bit of a bother.

During our second stay, we decided to switch rooms to the third floor to the newer, slightly more upgraded rooms (which are worth the cost and far exceed best western standards). The hotel staff were awesome, while we were out running errands, the staff (at our request) came into our old room and moved our luggage to our new room. When we returned, the front desk recognized us and brought us our new keys.

The service is what i would expect from staff at a Fairmont, Westin, or other premiere hotels, for three times the cost.

The pool was GREAT fun for our child, Rickeys will deliver your dinner to you by the pool, tons of ample parking, and poet friendly too.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
MounirBouchaibi, Director of Sales at Best Western Seven Oaks Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2014

Thank you so much for your positive feedback, I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us at the Best Western Seven Oaks, where every single person strives to offer the best service possible.

I remain at your entire disposal for any further request
Looking forward to accommodating you in the near future.
Have a nice day and a nice start of the week.

Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed 18 August 2014

My son and I love Best Westerns for their pools and their great service. The beds at this hotel were very comfortable and the pillows were amazing. The bathroom was really small though. I was going to give my son a bath in the tub but there was hair in the tub and as I looked closer there was a film around the edge of the tub. Ick!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Jennifer6982014
MounirBouchaibi, Director of Sales at Best Western Seven Oaks Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Good day Jennifer,
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 1-306-757-0121 ext:180.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here august 9/10,2014. Food at attached restaurant was awful, especially when compared to the same restaurant at different locations. Pool and slide were nice, but heavily chlorinated and still murky.

Rooms were marginal, with small bathrooms. Despite a fan on the ceiling near the shower, there was no discernable way to turn it on. Beds were reasonably comfortable, but luggage had to be stacked in a corner, as there was so little space.all rooms are internal, with no natural light, giving an overall claustrophobic feeling.

Second night we were there a bunch of drunk 20 somethings managed to access the pool area, which every room in the hotel backs onto. They yelled and screamed for 20-30 minutes, waking up my entire family. No indication that the hotel intervened in any way as they stripped down and helped themselves to the pool and equipment.

When we checked out the following morning I mentioned this to the front desk staff and was told "we had a couple of weddings". No kidding, I was at one of them, that does not justify allowing other patrons to wake my entire family in the middle of the night. No compensation offered from the hotel at all, when considering the cost (340 dollars for two nights???) this place is completely unacceptable.

Best Western, as a chain, should be embarrassed by this place.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Duncan M

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

It is the first time that we have a complain about the food at Ricky's restaurant, I eat there everyday and I find the food really good as most of our guests. I apologize if it was not at your taste.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I am a platinum member of Best Western Hotels' Rewards program and have stayed in BW hotels all over the world. This one was way below expectations and standards for the chain and at the high end for price. I will say that the young lady at the front desk was extremely friendly and professional on check-in which was the highlight of my stay. My second impression was not a good one. The hall carpets were filthy, sported a horrible pattern that highlighted the stains and discoloration and were desperately in need of replacement. I notice some rooms on the website photos have laminate floors, but my room, on the far end of the second floor, was carpeted. Beds and linens were in keeping with BW standards but the room smelled very heavily of strong cleaning fluids and the window did not open wide enough to permit enough fresh air to clear it out. The washroom facilities were tired and worn. A loud game of beach volleyball (yes, this is Regina) continued until 9 pm under my window. Most BW's have at least a continental breakfast and many have full breakfast buffets included in the price, but this one does not. Check-out (not the same desk staff as check-in) was slow. The hotel seemed very busy with tradesmen on expense accounts so I suppose poor quality rooms fit with the open-door party policy. I was invited to join a stranger's celebration as I passed it in the hall but politely declined.

Room Tip: Insist on a fully modernized room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Ron,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

We do offer breakfast rate on our website

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Service was outstanding, comfort was perfect, exactly what we expected, location was perfect for our needs. Hotel is on the north side of the city and we were travelling back and forth from outside the city to a north location. Restaurant great food and service.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Good day Hilarie

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property, and thank you so much for your kind words, I am really glad to hear that you have enjoyed our amenities, thus your stay with us.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 1-306-757-0121 ext:180.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Nice well kept older Best Western. Breakfast not included, adjoining Ricky's restaurant very nice though. Should include a credit there. The pool area very well maintained Staff very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
MounirBouchaibi, Director of Sales at Best Western Seven Oaks Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear guest

Reviewed 1 August 2014

this hotel i would rate as 2 -3 star the location was great . This is good for family coz they have a pool with slide but gosh the need to lower the amount of chlorine they're putting we didn't go to the pool but gosh i could smell it even in our room. The front desk staff was great but their Chambers maids was awful they did not change our linens. it was smelly I don't know if they didn't change it from previous guest or its just how they wash the linens . but any how it was late when we got back and we don't want to request to have it change again. the smell was tolerable. the floor was not vacuumed when we got there but obviously the entire carpet in the hotel should be changed ... even at the hallways they are deadly awful to look at ...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple