“Average: at best ”

Ranked #19 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Canada
“Average: at best ”
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Spent a one night very recently. Check in was less than acceptable. Came in tired. Checked w priority check in. Clerk gave me 1 key and away I go. Ride elevator w bags in hand get to room and guess what!! My key doesn't work! My one key!!!! I am tired, perturbed and onery. Back down I go wait for a re-keyed key. Finally get to my room and in. Why is this a common occurance? Is it my bad luck?? Room was ok, not enough towels. Just two. Tv. No big screen. Medium to small at best. Overall Not terribly impressed for $150/night

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank DJRCanada
ReginaGM2014, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Regina, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us. You will be pleased to know that our complete renovation and refurbishment of the Guest Rooms will be starting shortly. We are now in the process of replacing all of the TV's with 42 in screens.

I look forward to your comments once we have completed our new look.

Regards,

Doug Stewart

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed 30 March 2014

It's an older hotel but nicely renovated. I come to Regina every few months, and usually stay here as it's located in the heart of downtown (ie. the mall) and within short walking distance to several inexpensive restaurants (eg. Chinese, Vietnamese, Tim Horton's). The rooms are adequately equipped (eg. bar fridge, coffee maker) and cleaned / restocked daily by friendly staff. No complaints. Best of all, the complimentary breakfast also has meat options (eg. bacon, sausage) and the pancake maker is the BEST!

Room Tip: There's only one elevator, so if you can, take the stairs so ask for a lower level room if that...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Vancouvergoalie
Flin Flon, Canada
Reviewed 23 March 2014

The room was large and although they were currently working on renovations in the lobby, it appeared the guest floors and rooms had had recent renovation that was well done. There was a great hot breakfast included and the staff was helpful. The hotel seems to have many great restaurants within walking distance. I would stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Some of the staff at this hotel were nice, specially the night shift gentleman. However, one morning I woke up with an itchy arm and red spots on my legs...after a quick search turned out they were bed bugs. I took pictures and video and went downstairs. The lady there didn't wanna see my pictures, fine, but no apology?? All I got was "No problem, we'll switch your room"

No follow up, no call from Management, no apologies.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Lioradj
ReginaGM2014, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Regina, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
We inspected the afore mentioned room thoroughly ourselves, as well as our Pest Control Company and they confirmed that there were no Bugs and no sign of them as well. I have asked that the guest send me the picture and I will investigate further with our Pest Control Company for identification etc.

Doug Stewart
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 3 December 2013

A basic hotel which would be fine for an overnight business trip. My company had booked me in here for 2 weeks the room was small, there was no comfortable chair and glass or china were not to be found anywhere. Breakfast is typical of this type of hotel and adequate although there was no fresh fruit. Two weeks eating of polystyrene plates and drinking out of plastic cups is not appealing though. A decent chinese restaurant is around the corner from the hotel entrance. I popped my head into a suite which was much better. For a long stay do note that there is no on site lounge, bar or restaurant and you will need to spend time wandering (it was -19 on day) to find a place for lunch and dinner. There is a good business centre and a small fitness facility. There are many other hotels in the downtown core more conveniently located with better facilities available for a similar price.

Room Tip: Choose a suite if staying more than one night if you want somewhere comfortable to sit in your room
1 Thank YourCruiseAdvisor
Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I travel regularly for business and have never been treated so poorly. I received a phone call early in the morning waking me up and telling me I had to move rooms "for a group that was coming in." I refused as I was settled in and had an extremely busy day. I was also not offered any apology or compensation. Later, the manager elected to visit my room and threatened to kick me out "because he doesn't like my shoes." Again, no apology, no offer to assist me.

Some rooms in this location feature a view of a brick wall that is a meter away from your window. Loud street noise.

Otherwise, the gym is extremely dated. Rooms are okay. Breakfast is pancakes and/or eggs.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel.
3 Thank Imapilot4
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 12 November 2013

This is a lower priced hotel in Regina. The hotel is located downtown which reflects the price. It is a dated property with dated amenities in the rooms. However, everything was clean. You have to spend some time managing the heat/fan to be comfortable. Water pressure is very low so be prepared to wait for a bath. No floor mat but plenty of towels. It seems like the coffee maker was an after thought as someone found an old end table to put everything on.

Parking downtown is a huge issue. Be prepared to pay at the parking lots anywhere from 10 - 20$ a day. The hotel advertises a 10$ daily parking. Ya right!

Breakfast buffet is very good. It's the same good breakfast you'd get all all properties.

Location is walking distance to the Cornwall mall, casino and government buildings.

So, you get what you pay for.

1 Thank Mark_Ref
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Regina, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Mark_Ref,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. I am pleased you liked the location of our hotel. Please accept our apologies for falling short of your expectations. Rest assured that the issues you have raised about the room amenities have been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions.

We greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest satisfaction and I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Janice A