“Great Staff”

Ranked #19 of 33 Hotels in Regina
St. Catharines, Canada
“Great Staff”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

If you have any questions about anything, Jamie is the woman with all the answers. She is the best front desk staff I've had in the last year - especially considering the quality of the property. If I were the manager of the Hotel Saskatchewan, I'd be paying a visit and making an offer. The furniture is dated, but if they ever renovate, i want to make an offer on the sofa in the living room - very 70s but perfect height and depth,

Room Tip: Go for the suite - the extra space is worth it - and you can see a BeauMark fridge and 1970s orange...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Vancouver
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Stay here quite regularly, as I need to be downtown on some occasions. Check in was a breeze, parking can be difficult at times though. Was upgraded to an incredibly large 1 bedroom suite, felt like I was in an 700 sq ft condo. The property is a bit dated and the furniture is tired. All in all, always a good experience here.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We would go back to this hotel without hesitation.

We walked a long way down a hallway with a low ceiling before we got to our room on the 2nd floor and for a few moments, we had our doubts. But we found the room large, bright and well equipped. Although we were far from the lobby, the wifi signal was strong. . The bed and pillows were the best of the week. The free breakfast was everything you could ask for. And we had a Saturday newspaper delivered before 8 AM. The front desk was pleasant and efficient.

Room Tip: Rooms facing east look onto a desolate parking lot but it also got us a great room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Will A
Canada
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Spent a one night very recently. Check in was less than acceptable. Came in tired. Checked w priority check in. Clerk gave me 1 key and away I go. Ride elevator w bags in hand get to room and guess what!! My key doesn't work! My one key!!!! I am tired, perturbed and onery. Back down I go wait for a re-keyed key. Finally get to my room and in. Why is this a common occurance? Is it my bad luck?? Room was ok, not enough towels. Just two. Tv. No big screen. Medium to small at best. Overall Not terribly impressed for $150/night

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank DJRCanada
ReginaGM2014, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Regina, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us. You will be pleased to know that our complete renovation and refurbishment of the Guest Rooms will be starting shortly. We are now in the process of replacing all of the TV's with 42 in screens.

I look forward to your comments once we have completed our new look.

Regards,

Doug Stewart
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed 30 March 2014

It's an older hotel but nicely renovated. I come to Regina every few months, and usually stay here as it's located in the heart of downtown (ie. the mall) and within short walking distance to several inexpensive restaurants (eg. Chinese, Vietnamese, Tim Horton's). The rooms are adequately equipped (eg. bar fridge, coffee maker) and cleaned / restocked daily by friendly staff. No complaints. Best of all, the complimentary breakfast also has meat options (eg. bacon, sausage) and the pancake maker is the BEST!

Room Tip: There's only one elevator, so if you can, take the stairs so ask for a lower level room if that...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Vancouvergoalie
Flin Flon, Canada
Reviewed 23 March 2014

The room was large and although they were currently working on renovations in the lobby, it appeared the guest floors and rooms had had recent renovation that was well done. There was a great hot breakfast included and the staff was helpful. The hotel seems to have many great restaurants within walking distance. I would stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Some of the staff at this hotel were nice, specially the night shift gentleman. However, one morning I woke up with an itchy arm and red spots on my legs...after a quick search turned out they were bed bugs. I took pictures and video and went downstairs. The lady there didn't wanna see my pictures, fine, but no apology?? All I got was "No problem, we'll switch your room"

No follow up, no call from Management, no apologies.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Lioradj
ReginaGM2014, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Regina, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
We inspected the afore mentioned room thoroughly ourselves, as well as our Pest Control Company and they confirmed that there were no Bugs and no sign of them as well. I have asked that the guest send me the picture and I will investigate further with our Pest Control Company for identification etc.

Doug Stewart