“Uncomfort Inn”

Ranked #18 of 33 Hotels in Regina
red deer
“Uncomfort Inn”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

This hotel was overpriced for what you get. For 2 double beds in a room the cost was $140/night. The hotel was outdated and there was no mirror in the washroom. Breakfast was meagre and elevators were either nonexistent or well hidden. I would not recommend this hotel for anyone. Either improve the service or lower the price.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank runforest
CN351, General Manager at Comfort Inn Regina, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
It is disappointing to see that our recent refurbishments did not meet your expectations. Our renovation included full redesign of the guestrooms, bathrooms, corridors and lobby. We are also introducing an expanded breakfast program to include hot and delicious choices. Our BEST RATE interent guarantee is stated on our website and several guests have benefitted by this guarantee. We automatically adapt your rate to current market demand. As the city and hotel was busy, the rate may have been higher than you have paid in the past. Although our goal is for each guest to have a wonderful stay we are always thankful for the opportunity to understand how we may approve.

Donna Pasloski

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Fergus Ontario
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I booked my stay here on Hotels.com and what I did now know was that this property is under construction right now. While my stay was okay, the front desk staff was hurried and not very friendly and there were boxes everywhere. While I don't really care about the property being mid-renovation the staff at a hotel can make or break a good stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dcaplan
Please accept our apologies if we missed the opportunity to communicate that our hotel is currently undergoing renovations. A warm welcome at all times by the Front Office Team and couteous, helpful service is indeed the basis of guests feeling valued and I am concerend that you felt otherwise. I have discussed with the Front Office Maanger and she is addressing this with our team as a matter of urgency. I would take the pleasure in welcoming you back as our refursishments are complete so that you can experience the hotel as it was meant to be.

SK
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Don't trust this hotel, I had booked this hotel 3 months in advance knowing it was for the same night as a big event in the city. They accepted my Visa as a guarantee of my stay. The day before my arrival Sharon, the assistant manager called me to say 'my' room was still being renovated and therefore not available. She had taken the liberty of booking me at one of their 'other properties' giving them my Visa information. I spoke to Sharon on the phone and knowing the situation of no other availability, accepted her explanation and offer of another location. Upon arrival in Regina at the other hotel I was extremely disappointed. It was not one of their properties but a low end hotel..not that the bar was set too high with choosing a Comfort Inn but I did expect an equivalent standard. In addition the room rate was much higher than I was quoted at the Comfort Inn because it was an 'event night'. I do believe the Comfort Inn was overbooked and I was booked at a sub standard hotel to avoid being compensated. I called Sharon and the Manager three times on the day of my arrival and asked for a return phone call. I'm still waiting.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Okay1
CN351, General Manager at Comfort Inn Regina, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
I will ask that you contact me directly to discuss this incident so I can fully understand some of the issues you stated in your review. Your review is appreciated and I hope to hear from you very soon.

Manning, Canada
Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

This hotel was average at best, overpriced for what you get.
Check in was fast, rooms were clean but nothing fancy. I expect better beds and updated rooms when the total bill is over $160/night. The location is good if your leaving Regina heading towards Winnipeg.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank blufforbust
CN351, Manager at Comfort Inn Regina, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
I was pleased to hear that our location was ideal for you. At this moment we are in the midst of renovating our property and very excited to unveil our new look. We look forward to significantly raising the level of comfort and guest satisfaction throughout the hotel and we hope you will return to find a revtalized hotel. Many thanks for contributing your comments to TripAdvisor.

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We arrived at the Comfort Inn On a Friday and we were in luck that we were able to get a room for one night. Room was clean and the breakfast was fine. We had a non smoking room, room 101. Great location not far from the box stores.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
CN351, General Manager at Comfort Inn Regina, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Please accept our assurance that we are rollilng out a new breakfast program and we look forward to its implementation coming soon. We are delighted that you found our location to be convenient to everything and we hope you return to find your accommodations to be perfect as well. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

Saskatoon Sk
Reviewed 15 July 2013

This hotel is overpriced for the services offed. The hallways and room smelled damp and of mould. The breakfast was spartan, just cereal and english muffins with overcooked hardboiled eggs for variety. It is a non smoking hotel that smells of smoke on the second floor near the staff room. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank frankm701
CN351, General Manager at Comfort Inn Regina, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
We apologize for any inconvenience caused by smoke smell in the hallways. We will be 100% non-smoking and all the rooms being renovated will eliminate any lingering odours. My apologies for our breakfast options not being what was expected. Please be assured that we are rolling out a new breakfast program and we look forward to its implementation coming soon. In the coming weeks we will have renovations and would love to have the opportunity to provide you with the stay you expect and deserve.

Swift Current, Canada
Reviewed 25 June 2013

This hotel was under major construction/renovations and they failed to tell us that when we booked. The comforters in the 'non-smoking" room had cigarette burns and in the bathroom - a disgusting brown ring around the base of the toilet. Avoid this hotel chain at all costs.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Marnie K
CN351, General Manager at Comfort Inn Regina, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
I do apologize for your experience here and I am concerned to read of the negative impression that you experienced during your stay at our hotel. I hope you will provide us with another opportunity to accommodate you and as General Manager, I would welcome your call so I may be of personal assistance. Whilst you have indiocated that you do not wish to come back to our property, I would like to invite you to reconsider and contact me directly.