“There's nothing quality about Quality Hotel”

Quality Hotel Regina
Ranked #30 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Regina, Canada
“There's nothing quality about Quality Hotel”
Reviewed 13 December 2013

At 119 dollars a night plus a 50 dollar deposit, which is only refunded at check out and only if you haven't pinched anything, you would expect some kind of quality at this hotel. The elevators are old and creaky, the number 6 is missing at the 6th floor and is written in. At 605 the heater didn't function properly for the longest time. The main housekeeping lady was good enough to come and give us one extra blanket, tho' we really needed two extra ones and did bring a corner heater. The beds were uncomfortable, hard. The breakfast was terrible. 6.50 for a "fresh" muffin or toast and coffee or tea and juice. The muffin was bran, no way of knowing if there was another option, didn't ask if myself or my sister wanted tea, only asked if we wanted coffee before we knew what we wanted to eat. The bran muffin was burnt and dry. Did get a reduction but it was too expensive really anyway for so called continental. The bar area where we had the breakfast seemed run down. The lunch and dinner options were also expensive and therefore we did not indulge. If possible avoid like the plague.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 25 November 2013

The only reason we booked here was the price. Rooms are expensive for what you get, in Regina! This hotel was central and that was the best thing about it. We were given a room that had no heat control and the temp was way too hot for us. We called the desk, asked for help..waited for an hour, nothing. Finally I went to the desk with the business brochure from their binder, which states they will make sure to fix any problems. We were given a new room which was much larger and cooler. Actually the TV worked in the 2nd room, which was a bonus. I would not recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: There were plenty of other hotels in town...do yourself a favour and choose another place. We discov...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I stayed at this property for a few days on a business trip. This hotel is one of the better Quality Hotels I have stayed in. I was impressed that they still had smoking rooms available. I was equally impressed with the size of the room. I think my only complaints would be that housekeeping times were erratic. The first day, it was after I left for the day, but the 2nd and third day, they came once when I was in the shower, and once when I was getting ready for my day. It was kind of annoying. Also, the shower had no pressure and the water temperature changed in seconds leaving me constantly adjusting the temp. Quite frustrating. I would stay again, but if it were me paying for it, I would have issues as it was quite pricey.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Edmonton, Alberta
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I stayed here in September for 1 night for business. It was easy enough to find with my GPS, just off the main drag in the north end of the city.

When I arrived, the small pay parking lot was full. I called the front desk to ask if they had any other parking and the response was "Nope, maybe there's spot along the street." - not helpful at all.

After checking in and getting to my room, I decided to have a drink so I went downstairs. The door to the restaurant/lounge from inside the hotel is not clearly marked at all so I wandered around getting lost trying top find it (all the while, the front desk staff can see me doing this but don't ask if I need anything). I find the entrance but when I walk in, it looks like there's a private function going on so I go back to the front desk to ask. "Nope, nothing going on, go right in." So I go back in and the bartender informs there is in fact a private function that I guess the front desk isn't informed of?

He quickly ushers me out to the restaurant side where I have to stand waiting awkwardly in front of tables of people eating while I wait for my drink. After getting up to my room, they made the drink with a different, cheap booze than what I had asked for but still charged me the premium price.

The rooms at first glance look in pretty good condition but all the carpeting was pulled up in the corners to stuff cords under and things like that. Although I didn't use it, the rooms had a mini fridges which you don't tend to see a lot of anymore in these middle-end hotels.

The restaurant doesn't open until 6:30 or 7am but I had to leave at 6:30 so had find somewhere else for breakfast before going to work.

Most of these things would not necessarily stop me from staying there again; if you're just there to sleep and shower then it's alright. But it's definitely not a $120+/night hotel, it should be more priced around the $80-90 for the lack of maintenance and customer service skills.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Milton, Canada
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I travel to Regina regularly on business and, due to some convention or something, I couldn't get into my regular hotel (The Hotel Saskatchewan), and had to get a room at the inaccurately named "Quality Inn"
A list of my issues:
- I could hear the people in the next room - and they were only talking. I believe the walls may be made of wallpaper covered papier-mache.
- I got woken up by someone having a shower in the next room.
- The "bath towels" are barely big enough to wrap around one leg and feel like well used sandpaper - they won't scrape your skin off, but it sure doesn't feel great to dry with. I believe they got them at the Dollar store........on sale.
- The bedspread seems to be made from the over-used hallway carpet they recently replaced, and the air vent I found has no actual air coming through the brick they put beneath it.
- to top it off, one day they completely forgot to service the room.
- they have nice flat screen LCD/LED TVs, but the cable service is pretty basic, so the picture is fuzzy
- several of the channels they show on their list were not actually available (the channels I actually wanted to watch, of course) - just white snow.
- the pillows seem like they took regular size pillows and cut them in half - they are the size of plush throw pillows. Hardly ideal.

The staff, however, were friendly, and the food at "Memories" is decent,though not outstanding.
The internet connection was also quite good.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank AndrewJ1345
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We stayed two nights at this hotel in late October. We ended up here as a result of trying one of those websites that offer great discounts for a hotel that remains unknown to you until you have booked. OK we saved some money, but the room was very substandard. Our view out of the fourth window was of a brick wall - nice! The room, while very clean, was small and in dire need of an upgrade. As a place to lay your head and sleep it was fine. The location, right downtown, would be great, but that didn't interest us as we were visiting family miles away. Lesson learned. Deep discounts in hotel rooms come at a cost anyway. You have no control of where you stay and they have a no cancellation policy on the _____dia website. Put up and shut up. Never again will we do that.

Room Tip: West facing rooms have no view.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank BarJanEdmonton
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The hotel is situated in the downtown core near great restaurants, amenities and shopping, all at a good price. I stayed here a few years ago after renovations and it was great. Now it is a little worn and not as fresh but still provides decent accommodations. The restaurant, Memories, is a great addition!

Room Tip: The king rooms are on the ends providing some extra privacy and have a little more room for comfort.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business