“Good location for Rider games”

Quality Hotel Regina
Ranked #30 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Prince Albert, Canada
“Good location for Rider games”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed over with a group of 8 people (4 rooms) for a Rider game. Parking is free but pretty limited so don't plan on finding a spot if you come late. Check in process was pretty slow, it was hot out & I don't know that they have very good a/c in any of the common areas including the lobby. Room was okay, keeping in mind this place was 40-50$ cheaper/night than others in the immediate area. Good for one or two nights but not much more than that, it's your very basic, NO frills accommodation. Location: 15 minute walk from the stadium, within 10 to 20 mins to a couple bars & restaurants, $10 cab ride to the Pump. There is a bar/restaurant in the hotel ($$$).

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jacqjanzen
Qualityregina, General Manager at Quality Hotel Regina, responded to this review, 18 September 2014
Dear Guest,

It is always our pleasure to receive guest feedback and we have certainly taken this feedback seriously to aid in our continuous improvement.

It sounds as if you have spent quite a bit of time in Quality Hotel Regina and it is our good fortune that you have recognized us as one of the excellent location, but I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all it could have been.

We recognize that during some events, when our occupancy goes to 100%, our parking lot could have more spots, and in some specific moments, mainly in check-ins and check-outs, our front desk service can be slower than we always expect.

I would like to apologize that our heating/cooling system did not operate correctly and ruined your stay. We have replaced the unit after further investigation and believe we have solved the issue and would love you to come back and try us again.

While we are disappointed to hear that despite the good service and location our property was just not a match for you, we do appreciate hearing your feedback.

Jair E.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

It was very loud and congested with some sports team and it was a very squishy area. Also it was not secure and very sketchy area. Kids were playing lacrosse in front of the doors outside to get in and it was hard to enter with your luggage and belongings. Overall I am glad we got a room there to stay after the rider game and anniversary, but hope I never have to stay there again. Also glad I had the opportunity to experience Regina and I am thankful I live in Saskatoon.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,

It is always our pleasure to receive guests feedback. Although we never enjoy hearing that one of our guests had a less than perfect stay, we feel comments such as yours allows us to access where we have opportunities to make improvements.

We recognize that during an international sports event in Regina (adolescents between 13 and 18 years old), we had some complaints about noise and our lobby with teams waiting their vans.

It is my understanding that you experienced an unfortunate incident during your stay, and I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

We hope to have the opportunity to see you again in our hotel, and prove that we can top to your expectations.

Regina, Canada
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I booked this hotel with 2 beds in a room, but as I checked in, the hotel only provide me and my family with 1 bed which was not right. I asked for the change, they told us no room available for 2 beds. this is their faults and they are not admitted. We pay for that price only received 1 bed. Very mad to the service.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

I am the new General Manager of Quality Hotel Regina. Thank you for sharing the few challenges that you unfortunately had to experience during your stay, and for which I would like to apologize.

By reading each of these reviews we are able to recognize areas that are in need of improvement and take the appropriate actions to correct them.

I am extremely sorry that the service you received at Reception was not up to the standard that you should expect or that we strive to offer.

I have discussed this shortfall in service with the reservation clerk and corrective action is being taken to address these deficiencies.

We hope to see you again in our Hotel and change your first impression about our services.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Small rooms, terrible area of town like seriously don't go for a walk there and if you do go towards Victoria Avenue and keep your eyes open. Pricey considering how small and uninspiring the room is. Bed was comfy enough. It was clean enough but it wasn't immaculately clean, looked like they were pushed to do alot of rooms in a day. Did the job in a pinch but honestly I'd rather not stay there again unless push came to shove.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Qualityregina, General Manager at Quality Hotel Regina, responded to this review, 20 September 2014
Dear Guest,

During your stay in our Hotel the city of Regina has had an international event, with maximum occupation in all hotels, and unfortunately you stayed in one of our smaller rooms.

Our Hotel Association has been discussing with City of Regina the need to intensify patrolling the region, and we had a great improvement in the last two months.

I do hope to see you back soon so you can also experience the result of your feedback.

Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Price was medium using a booking website and I wouldn't have paid more. Room was relatively clean after we asked for a chance from our first room which had an odd odour. This request was meet with a little resistance from the desk clerk who stated that the odour was from the room being freshly cleaned. Our second room did not have this odour , fortunately. Although proficient, our check in with the desk clerk "M" did not feel friendly what so ever. No smile, no word of welcome or usual pleasantries. Hopefully we aren't disturbing her with our check in. Our room overlooked the parking lot and was quiet. Beds were comfortable. The cleaning person knocked on the door at 0900 even though they have a 1200 check out which was a little irritating as I was still dressing. No breakfast but coffee and muffins were available at the front desk. No in room fridge.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ndngurl
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I usually stay elsewhere when travelling to Regina for work or to go to the Roughrider football games. This last trip was made for business and there was a Farm Expo on as well as a Roughrider game, so the Quality Inn was the only hotel available. I had stayed here previously and was unimpressed. I am still unimpressed. The rooms are dated and the beds are so cheap and hard it is impossible to sleep. There are transients walking in and out of the lobby which is disturbing and there were drunken fights in the alley both nights I was there. I switched Hotels on the Saturday. It is too bad the Quality Group don't invest some money in this property as the location is good and there is a tremendous restaurant and lounge attached called "Memories" . I will definitely eat there the next time I am in town, but I will choose a different Hotel unfortunately.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank clint a
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I spent three nights here and upon arrival the room was terribly warm. I waited for hours for it to cool to no avail. When I contacted the front desk I was informed that the air was not turned on yet for the season, even though it was May 22. I was delighted to hear it would be on the next day. I slept with the window wide open and eventually it cooled to tolerable levels.

My next disappointment were the three hairs randomly dispersed about the tub. Obviously the maid service had rushed through my room. On my last morning I was also disappointed to see they had not renewed my coffee supply and I was stuck with that inevitable unused Decaf envelope. The water pressure was unacceptable as well and I'd read this on previous reviews elsewhere.

The room was well appointed. A sizable refrigerator and microwave complimented my room. The hotel is also centrally located in the downtown and a $20 ride from the airport with tip.

All in all, I think I could've done much better for the price.

Room Tip: Considerable street noise on the front.