“Overnight Stay While Travelling”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Regina, SK
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Regina, Canada
“Overnight Stay While Travelling”
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I stayed here for a night on May 4th as I was relocating from North Saskatchewan to Manitoba and decided to stay overnight in Regina to break up my 11 hour drive. I picked this hotel due to convenience but also because I was travelling with my cats. I decided it would be easy to load and unload them since they have rooms on the first floor with an outside doors. This made things much easier...
The hotel is comfortable enough, nothing fancy but clean and the beds were decent as were the pillows. Bathroom was decent, hot water and pressure was good. Basic amenities. The man as the desk was friendly and welcoming after driving a few hours and getting in at 9pm. The lady at the desk the next day was also friendly and quick to check me out.
I didn't stay for breakfast except to grab some tea and a pastry. Looked alright to me but the area for breakfast was pretty busy for 8:30 on a Saturday.

Only thing I feel I need to comment on in a negative fashion would be that more electrical outlets are needed as I had a hard time figuring out what to unplug so I could charge my cells and use my laptop. Coffee maker and lamp with plugged into one outlet and lamp and clock into the other outlet. These are the only ones I saw. Only other things was is the hallway was a little noisy.
Overall a good stay for me and my kitties and I would return again if I am travelling through.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are good if you are travelling with pets, smoke or just want a little more conveni...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank GypsyNae

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Golden, Colorado
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Though it's either fairly new or recently refreshed, this hard-to-access establishment underperforms and is overpriced.

Upon check-in there was no shampoo and the desk lamp did not work. When returning for the evening the bed had sort of been made. Breakfast was okay but the attendant was continually fussing around the food and dishes making it difficult to serve yourself without her bumping into a guest.

Parking is insufficient and the access from Victoria Ave is a challenge. I will not return.

• Stayed April 2013
Marie G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Regina, SK, responded to this review, 3 May 2013
We apologize that your recent stay with us did not meet your expectations. Thank you for your comments. Your feedback will assist us is making changes to the property in the near future. We sincerely hotel that you would consider our property in the future.
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I stay at the Country Inn and Suites Regina quite often for work. There isn't a pool or a restaurant, although they serve breakfast (included) in the dining/lobby area in the morning. The hot breakfast station varies, often some form of egg and they have the typical cold breakfast items you'd probably eat at home. The food is decent and there is always more than enough of whatever you may want. The staff are very nice and helpful and probably the best thing about the hotel. Overall, worth staying at if you need a comfy bed to sleep in within Regina.

Room Tip: I haven't figured out which ones they are but some rooms have been renovated The newer AC units...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Swan River, Canada
Reviewed 7 March 2013 via mobile

Country Inn and Suites - Regina

We overnighted at this hotel prior to leaving on vacation. We had stayed at this location some years ago on a Christmas shopping trip so we expected it would be comfortable.  The room was wonderful. Very spacious with a living room area, bathroom and separate bedroom.  We were located on the top floor and found the room quiet, clean and comfortable.

Check in was prompt and the front desk gal friendly.

Wifi was easy to log onto and performance was fast.

We really enjoyed the breakfast included with our stay. Scrambled eggs and sausage patties were the highlight!  We also appreciated that the breakfast was available until 10:30am.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Wynyard, SK
Reviewed 20 February 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night for a wedding. Nice basic hotel with a free breakfast. No pool for the kids but if you just need a place to sleep fits the bill. Breakfast room is a little crowded. Front lobby has a nice country lodge feel to it.

• Stayed February 2013
Indiana
Reviewed 31 January 2013

I had planned to stay at the Radisson Plaza but it was full, so the Carlson connection brought me to the Country Inn. Before I'd stayed here, I'd never stayed at a Country Inn, Hampton Inn, or anything of the like, so I came in with rather pessimistic expectations. The room was just as basic as I had expected and so was the overall hotel decor. However, the "rustic" appearance of the lobby and common areas was almost refreshing to someone like me who spends ~80 nights in sterile-looking business hotels. I'm not saying I liked it, but it was just different. The coffee and snacks in the lobby are a nice touch, although I didn't eat any biscuits.

I think the staff were the best part of my stay. They got a bit busy at times but they were always quite professional and answered all of my questions fully. My only real complaint was the breakfast area... the breakfast buffet was fine but the sitting area was too small to accommodate all of the guests at breakfast time, and some of them even ended up sitting on the sofas out near the lobby to eat. I had an important meeting to get to in the morning and I wasn't too happy about having so much difficulty finding a seat.

If I could get the same rate I got last time, I might consider staying here again. However, I'm not really a Country Inn kind of person so I'll probably try to book the Radisson again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank PersonalEnsign
Sylvan Lake, Canada
Reviewed 27 January 2013

We found the staff to be very accomodating and professional at their job. If you do have a concern it is dealt with promptly
Hotel could use some upgrades as it is showing wear but overall I can reccommend these premises.
Beds very comfrotable and new.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family