“Nice king suite”

Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Alberta
“Nice king suite”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed here recently and it was a very pleasant stay. We did not have reservations but still got a king suite at a very reasonable price. The king suite has a sitting room with TV, mini-fridge, sink and microwave, then it has a separate bedroom with a TV. The breakfast was quite extensive for a complementary breakfast (ham, eggs, waffles, plus the usual continental breakfast items).

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank R F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Newmarket, Canada
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Stayed here 1 night in August 2013. Location is right off TC Highway. The room had everything we needed and was clean. The breakfast was typical but was well taken care of by the staff. Check in and out was quick with friendly staff. The hotel is near many places to eat but walking is a bit difficult due to the layout of sidewalks and wide streets. We would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank joeandpeggy
Winnipeg
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on our way back east after going out west for vacation. On our way west a week earlier, we had stayed in Moose Jaw, and was I ever glad we picked Regina on the way home. This hotel, though not even in the top ten of hotels rated on trip advisor, was better than the #1 rated hotel we stayed at in Moose Jaw. Check in went smoothly, though she did put $175 pre-authorization on my credit card which I thought was excessive, b/c our rate was only ~$125 or so. She just said that is the amount they use for pre-authorization. The bed was comfortable enough, and the sofa bed was decent too. However our bathroom door didn't close, which didn't bother me, but was a bit unusual. The tub/shower had a weird system. The drain didn't go up or down, it spun around. And to get the water going to the shower head you had to pull down on something attached to the bottom of the faucet. Breakfast was nice with hot oatmeal, waffles, bagels, cereals, muffins etc. the seating area is small, but its not really an issue since there is lots of seating nearby in the lobby. The only thing they ran out of close to the end was the hot oatmeal. It was nice that they were refilling things often. I would definitely stay here again (and never again in Moose Jaw).

• Stayed August 2013
Winnipeg
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This was a decent hotel to stay in as a quick nite's stay. However it seems older, looking at the carpet and bathrooms. Didn't have that "clean" smell but wasn't stinky either. Comfortable beds. Swinging wall light fixtures beside bed were broken/dangling and in the way. Didn't realize there was no pool upon booking, unfortunately. Breakfast was typical with decent variety.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
London, Onatrio
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Would stay again. Clean room, comfy bed and pillows. Ground floor with garden doors directly to parking lot makes luggage transfer so convenient. Close to Trans-Canada, Timmy's, many other shops and eateries.

Room Tip: Ground level with garden doors make ease of luggage transfer.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SherrieBro
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I stayed here for a night on May 4th as I was relocating from North Saskatchewan to Manitoba and decided to stay overnight in Regina to break up my 11 hour drive. I picked this hotel due to convenience but also because I was travelling with my cats. I decided it would be easy to load and unload them since they have rooms on the first floor with an outside doors. This made things much easier...
The hotel is comfortable enough, nothing fancy but clean and the beds were decent as were the pillows. Bathroom was decent, hot water and pressure was good. Basic amenities. The man as the desk was friendly and welcoming after driving a few hours and getting in at 9pm. The lady at the desk the next day was also friendly and quick to check me out.
I didn't stay for breakfast except to grab some tea and a pastry. Looked alright to me but the area for breakfast was pretty busy for 8:30 on a Saturday.

Only thing I feel I need to comment on in a negative fashion would be that more electrical outlets are needed as I had a hard time figuring out what to unplug so I could charge my cells and use my laptop. Coffee maker and lamp with plugged into one outlet and lamp and clock into the other outlet. These are the only ones I saw. Only other things was is the hallway was a little noisy.
Overall a good stay for me and my kitties and I would return again if I am travelling through.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are good if you are travelling with pets, smoke or just want a little more conveni...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank GypsyNae
Golden, Colorado
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Though it's either fairly new or recently refreshed, this hard-to-access establishment underperforms and is overpriced.

Upon check-in there was no shampoo and the desk lamp did not work. When returning for the evening the bed had sort of been made. Breakfast was okay but the attendant was continually fussing around the food and dishes making it difficult to serve yourself without her bumping into a guest.

Parking is insufficient and the access from Victoria Ave is a challenge. I will not return.

• Stayed April 2013
Marie G, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Regina, SK, responded to this review, 3 May 2013
We apologize that your recent stay with us did not meet your expectations. Thank you for your comments. Your feedback will assist us is making changes to the property in the near future. We sincerely hotel that you would consider our property in the future.