“Reservation fiasco” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Ottawa, Canada
“Reservation fiasco”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

I had booked a reservation online with the advanced booking so I fully understood that it was non refundable..that is not the issue. Due to unforeseen circumstances, we were traveling from Alberta back to Ontario a week earlier so I called and asked if there was any chance (even paying a fee) that they could help us out. I was told by Alicia that she would speak with her manager and would get back to me. I called the following day (Tuesday and we were booking for that Friday), spoke with Alicia again and was told that it wouldn't be an issue. Great! Made a terrible situation better right!? No, Thursday evening, I received an email (in fairness, it was sent at 5am however I had explained to Alicia that I didn't have service where we were staying in Alberta .... Literally dead zone) at 11:59 pm, I assume from the manager but they never identified themselves as such, that said there was nothing they could do but to make sure and "stop by so we can experience their true country hospitality". I understand the policy however 1 person shouldn't say yes and another say no to changing the date. Needless to say, we scrambled to find a pet friendly hotel while we were traveling 4000 km!
Helpful? Not so much!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Zimzimk
Marie G, Regional Sales Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Regina, SK, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We do apologize for the mixed messages you received. At the Country Inn & Suites we take pride in delivering service that is consistent, comfortable and caring. We do hope you will consider to stay with us in the future as your pet friendly hotel choice.

Sincerely
Jennifer
Regional Sales Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

Having found myself needing a quick stopover hotel in Regina while driving long distance I booked the Country Inn & Suites Regina and it more than met my needs.

The hotel is a very short distance off Victoria Ave. , which is also the TransCanada Highway, and is a little tucked away but has good access to the highway and a few restaurant and services like gas stations nearby to make it a convenient pit stop which is really all I needed as I was arriving in later in the evening and leaving fairly early the next morning.

My room was a two queen bed on 3rd floor and was quite comfortable, though not without a few quirks among them the bathroom light on the outside of the bathroom itself along with the rest of the room lights making it hard to sneak into the bathroom if sharing the room with someone else without rousing them. Also for the two night table lights there is one small switch not easily found or reached once in bed.

The morning breakfast was included and offered a wide variety of hotel & cold items from make-your-own waffles to bagels & toast to cereal and sausages and bacon that I was able to start a long day of driving with a full breakfast and had I eaten that somewhere else would've easily cost $25 for when you factor this in the value of the hotel jumps sharply.

Overall it was a clean, comfortable, convenient stay and so was exactly what I'd hoped it would be so can easily recommend it for value and location.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank tcook052
Manitoba
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

Stayed on the 7 th of Oct. the signage from the Highway is very hard to see as it is tucked in between the Comfort Inn & the Holiday Inn and behind the Tim Hortin's.

Once in the accommodations are very clean and comfortable. Because the hotel is back and behind other buildings you hear nothing from the TransCanada Hwy and we were on the front of the hotel.

In the morning we did not hear the typical "hotel early morning door slamming, tv's, people noise". We did have a suite so that may have helped. When we first arrived in our suite there was a "goodies" package of sweets & treats which was greatly appreciated by my husband.

Just a couple of tiny items that could use a tweak. The waffle mix was far too thick to get out of the dispenser and to put in the waffle iron. The fruit (oranges & apples) were rather old.the oranges in particular were shrunken and discoloured enough that everyone gave them a pass. The yogurt could use a sign.

Like I said just a couple of tweaks and it is perfectly comfortable & enjoyable place to stay.

The bed was amazingly comfortable, if I had not been on a deadline I would have been happy to enjoy that bed for a couple of more hours.

Will stay there as many times as we pass through Regina . = 6 times a year at least.

Would recommend it strongly.

• Stayed October 2013
Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed here recently and it was a very pleasant stay. We did not have reservations but still got a king suite at a very reasonable price. The king suite has a sitting room with TV, mini-fridge, sink and microwave, then it has a separate bedroom with a TV. The breakfast was quite extensive for a complementary breakfast (ham, eggs, waffles, plus the usual continental breakfast items).

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank R F
Newmarket, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

Stayed here 1 night in August 2013. Location is right off TC Highway. The room had everything we needed and was clean. The breakfast was typical but was well taken care of by the staff. Check in and out was quick with friendly staff. The hotel is near many places to eat but walking is a bit difficult due to the layout of sidewalks and wide streets. We would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank joeandpeggy
Winnipeg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on our way back east after going out west for vacation. On our way west a week earlier, we had stayed in Moose Jaw, and was I ever glad we picked Regina on the way home. This hotel, though not even in the top ten of hotels rated on trip advisor, was better than the #1 rated hotel we stayed at in Moose Jaw. Check in went smoothly, though she did put $175 pre-authorization on my credit card which I thought was excessive, b/c our rate was only ~$125 or so. She just said that is the amount they use for pre-authorization. The bed was comfortable enough, and the sofa bed was decent too. However our bathroom door didn't close, which didn't bother me, but was a bit unusual. The tub/shower had a weird system. The drain didn't go up or down, it spun around. And to get the water going to the shower head you had to pull down on something attached to the bottom of the faucet. Breakfast was nice with hot oatmeal, waffles, bagels, cereals, muffins etc. the seating area is small, but its not really an issue since there is lots of seating nearby in the lobby. The only thing they ran out of close to the end was the hot oatmeal. It was nice that they were refilling things often. I would definitely stay here again (and never again in Moose Jaw).

• Stayed August 2013
Winnipeg
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

This was a decent hotel to stay in as a quick nite's stay. However it seems older, looking at the carpet and bathrooms. Didn't have that "clean" smell but wasn't stinky either. Comfortable beds. Swinging wall light fixtures beside bed were broken/dangling and in the way. Didn't realize there was no pool upon booking, unfortunately. Breakfast was typical with decent variety.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family