“Perfect Delta Stay”

Ranked #14 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Fort Wayne, IN
“Perfect Delta Stay”
Reviewed 8 October 2009

My stay at this Delta was perfectly wonderful. The staff was helpful and courteous. The location is the best in Regina, with covered pedestrian connections to the mall and casino. The room service was tasty and delivered timely. I would prefer to stay here rather than anywhere in Regina.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank BetCBoi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Korean first
Canada
Reviewed 29 September 2009

Comfortable rooms and beds, but not at the 4 stars level. A good 3 stars would describe it well. Rooms lack minibar. The housekeeping will do the minimum : for example, we had a room with a queen bed and a hide a bed. Housekeeping made the bed, but did not touch at all the hide a bed when making the room. This was a bit strange to get in the room recently cleaned, but with the hide a bed completly messy. Overall I would recommend it if you get a good price on the room. If not, other comparable 3 star options in town will be as good.
BTW, the restaurant is not very good (and expensive for the quality you get) and if you want breakfast early, you'll have to wait until 7am.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 27 August 2009

Recently passed through Regina on a 2 night stay to visit the RCMP Museum, First to the positives: The hotel is located in an adjoining skywalk to the casino regina and Cornwall Centre (Shopping Centre/Mall) although to get into the shopping centre you have to walk through Sears, The buffet at the casino is good value (I think i paid around $10.75 including soft drinks/sodas) and the general area seems to have a few shops around,

Taxis are easy to come by and seem to constantly stop in front of the hotel.

Now to the negatives: With the exception of one male staff member (Brown hair and glasses) everyone else seemed indifferent and in some cases just plain rude! SInce i'm australian and have an accent obviously (As do canadians to me) i tried to speak slowly and clearly but one girl in particular was very patronising and almost seemed to mock me, The room wasnt particulary clean except for the bed and the bathroom was very worn and had the standard June Jacobs tolietries. I was on the 14th floor near the elevators, I did hear the occassional person in the hallway and i dont think it's insulated that well. I woke up at 4am on my final night in a fright to hear loud banging on what i thought was my door, When i checked there was nobody through my keyhole but i could hear people outside, A domestic dispute perhaps? I didnt use the pool or gym but noticed they were open to 11pm, If i ever went there again i'd stay elsewhere!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank Harvsman
revDRH, Manager at Delta Hotels Regina, responded to this review, 28 May 2010
Firstly thank you for your comments on our hotel. It is through our customers comments that we are able to identify opportunities to improve.

I was disappointed in your comments on our team at the Delta Regina. We do recieve many positive comments on our team members and certainly we wish to extend hospitality to all of out guests. I appologize on behalf of our team for your disappointing experience.

I do hope you had a safe and enjoyable journey home and hope you will give us the opportunity to be of service should you have occassion to revisit Regina on your travels.

Travellers are raving about these Regina hotels

Stoughton
Reviewed 5 June 2009

We often stay at the Delta because of your location near Casino Regina. We book your stay and Play rate and have always had excellent service. We were in regina reciently to attend my dad's funeral and my husband decieded to stay over an extra night. I phoned and made the reservation but didn't mention Stay and Play. I asked about it when we were checking in. The young lady who was waiting on me didn't have a chance to say anything, the woman next to her leaned over and snapped that I had to ask for it when I phoned. I had no objuction to the information just the tone she used. I believe it was impolite to both myself and her fellow staff.We come in quite often and have in the past stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suites on Victoria Avenue East were we were always made to feel like family but moved to your hotel because of the location. It is worth the drive across the city to be treated nicely and we will not be returning to your hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jandarcy
revDRH, Manager at Delta Hotels Regina, responded to this review, 28 May 2010
Thank you for choosing the Delta Regina for your visit to Regina and the adjacent Casino Regina. We do recieve many positive comments on the convienience of having a pedeway to the Casino and the Casino Package we offer.

This package is to be booked in advance to allow for our Hotel and the Casino to prepare for guests.

I appologize for the negative impression you had of the team member who served you on your arrival. We really do wish to welcoming to all of our guests and visitors to our community.

We do hope you will return and enjoy a positive experience at the Delta Regina.
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed 26 November 2008

The hotel is well located across the street from the Casino and adjacent to the Cornwall Centre Mall. There are two choices of parking- the hotel garage for $15 a night, or the multi-story parking garage next door for $7. The outdoor garage was fine for me and I appreciated the choice.

Service is polished and professional... housekeeping was attentive, room service greets you by name, and the room service meal tray arrives with warmed plates, a real carnation in a vase, and a little glass bottle of ketchup. I ordered meals twice, and both times they arrived hot, fresh, and nicely presented.

My corner room was spacious and clean, although the bathroom fixtures were dated. My room temperature was 70 degrees, and I like it a little cooler to sleep. I found that I could not lower the temperature at all, even by opening the window. At least the window opened, which is something that you don't often see in a multistorey hotel.

The internet connection was intermittant and very slow over all 3 nights that I stayed. If you absolutely rely on efficient internet, perhaps for a VPN for work purposes, this may be a significant barrier for you. Other than this, I can find no fault. The high level of service was a nice bonus for a regular business traveller like me.

• Liked — Seemed to have a high level of guest service
  • Disliked — Poor internet
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Brian1202
Swift Current, Sask
Reviewed 13 August 2008

Location is great...great access to Casino Regina and to the Cornwall Centre (mall). The front desk was very polite and helpful upon check in. Found the room to be very clean and the decor was above average. The hotel lounge is very nice and a great place to relax for a night cap. Only draw back was the noise, in the hallways and even the gal next door gave a bit of a short exotic show at 2:30 in the morning. But overall the stay was very good and we would return for another visit if back in Regina. Kudos to this hotel!

Stayed August 2008
1 Thank SWS2
Victoria
Reviewed 9 August 2008

This hotel appears to be the best business bet in a small city, but my advice is to find any alternative...My room in April 2008 for a four night stay on business had not been effectively cleaned for at least 3 weeks. The food, service and facilities are terrible. Dont risk it !

• Liked — Leaving it
  • Disliked — Staying at it
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Ruperto
revDRH, Manager at Delta Hotels Regina, responded to this review, 28 May 2010
Thank you for your comments. Although our houskeeping team recieve many possitive comments from our guests there are sometimes problems and we do appreciate your taking the time to inform us of fyour experience.

The comments you provided were shared with our team in training and coaching sessions and we do hope that through your shared observations we have been able to improve our Houskeeping Team's performance.

Thank you for your comments and we do hope you will revisit and enjoy a positive experience.