Days Inn - Regina
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Econo Lodge(Regina)
1,047 results
All reviewsfront deskkiddie poolthe breakfast arearoom was cleanhockey teama great stayking roomcontinental breakfastchecking outbusiness tripcookieshot tubtubspillowsmicrowavesofahighway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I stayed here in the beginning of September.. I paid 150$ for one night, I think this is a little much..but then again I'm used to staying in USA hotels.. Anyways

Pros

The beds were awesome- very comfy
Pool and waterslide were fun
Staff was friendly
Beer store close by
Hotel room was very clean and modern
Shower was amazing

Cons

Wifi sucked - it kept losing connection.. This might be because hotel was fully booked lots of ppl using it?

The hallway on the first floor smelled like the van of cheech and Chong..if you get my drift..

The ceiling of the pool area looked like it was ready to collapse

Bunch of drunks speeding around the lot after 1am

I would definitely stay here again. It is very clean the couple of cons shouldn't scare you from staying here.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank JonFromPeg
Cari L, General Manager at Days Inn - Regina, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2012

Thank you for your positive comments about our property and staff. Customer service is top priority at the Days Inn Regina East.

Please accept my apologies that the Wifi wasn't as strong as you were expecting. We were in fact sold out during your stay and there were many guests using our Wifi causing the speed to be dimished.

As for the pool, we are just in the final planning stages of our upcoming renovations. We are excited that in just a few short months our pool will in fact have a facelift!

Thank you again for sharing your comments and we look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

Sincerly,

Reviewed 20 August 2012

We enjoyed our stop in Regina! The rooms were clean and comfortable. We had a good breakfast buffet as it was quick and just what we wanted so we could eat and go. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone! Great stay and lots of parking.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Lori N
Cari L, General Manager at Days Inn - Regina, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

Thank you for sharing such great comments on your experience at our property. We strive to deliver a high level of customer service and clean, comfortable rooms with a great breakfast. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon.
Cari Lemieux, General Manager

Reviewed 15 August 2012

thestay this hotel was great the rooms were clean. They call it a continental breakfast but it is like a buffet muffins bagels donuts pancakes waffles everything. the waterslide was definitely a big hit this hotel was one of the best places we stayed on our 21 day drive from Toronto to field bc

Room Tip: Choose the floor that I stayed on because I liked it
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeremy m

Thank you for you wonderful comments! We are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed our property and the breakfast! We look forward to having you as our guest again soon.
Cari Lemieux, General Manager

Reviewed 1 August 2012

As an experienced traveller with young children I feel It's my duty so share our 5 day stay (booked for 7) at this property.

Our first night began with a late check in (1245am) and we were greeted with a very damp room, so damp it felt as though our sheets were wet. In the AM I brushed my teeth in a rusty sink then took a shower in a tub that drained so slowly you were standing in shin high water in less then 5 min. I tried to rid the dampness of the room by turning on the fan in the bathroom but It did absolutly nothing because it was completly blocked. I asked staff if we could change rooms but unfortunatly the hotel was booked and we were stuck in the wet room for another night.

The following day we put the "do not disturb" sign on the door and took a nap with the kids and were very woken up in a frightning manner by the cleaning staff that bypassed the sign. She was sincere in her apology, however the kids would not go back down resulting is a crank filled evening. Later that day we were able to switch rooms and I must admit the new room was much less damp (although still a little sticky) and didnt have the problem with the drian or rusty sink. Why the staff didnt even send somebody to try and fix the drian in the tub is beyond me but let me tell you its a nasty thing to spend 2 days showering in.

The carpet in the halls are stined and look filthy, the rooms were modern but small especialy the bathroom. We found the breakfast not quite as good as other chains we've stayed in but overall a passing grade. The pool is the main reason why we chose this hotel bypassing the two star rating but I think is the main reason for the humidity issue, regardless the slide was fun but the pool bordered on dirty probably because it was quite busy every day.

After speaking with the hotel manager they discounted our room by 5 dollars/night, thats right five dollars/night. Money is was not the issue, but offering to reduce our rate by that amount was insulting and that was the last straw for us, we decided to stay elsewhere. I'd gladly spend double the price to avoid going through this again.

My advice.....stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Craig B
Cari L, General Manager at Days Inn - Regina, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Please accepty my apologies that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I am sorry we didn't get an opportunity to discuss your concerns in person. If you would like to discuss your concerns with me privately please contact me at the property.

We are about to embark on another phase of renovations in just a few months. This will include any rooms which weren't renovated in the last phase.

I hope that you will provide us another opportunity to be your hotel of choice the next time you visit Regina.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

I would like to start by saying we had great service at this hotel. We checked in late at night after driving from Calgary. It was the 5th hotel we stayed at in a week and it was nice to have friendly people behind the desk. Unfortunately friendly people do not make up for a hotel that did not come close to meeting expectations as far as accommodations were concerned. I had read a number of reviews on this site about this hotel, and any negative reviews appeared to be followed up by reassurance from the management that renovations were being done and please visit again so you can see how wonderful it will be. Most of these reviews were from almost a year ago, so I thought the issues would have been dealt wit by now. I was wrong.

The bathroom had tons of mildew as did the pool area. The hallways were smelly and the carpet in the hall and in the room was disgusting. The mattresses were old and need to be replaced. Also, the pool area and pool washrooms were filthy even though we were the only ones in the pool and we got there as soon as it opened in the morning (so it was not cleaned from the night before). The wi-fi is a bit of a joke as it would not work for us at all while we were there even though the signal appeared to be strong. The thing that got me the most though was the fact that the hotel rooms looked so different in the website because they show a renovated room and they have not all been renovated. Also, our son was extremely disappointed because the entire waterslide was enclosed and he was unable to use it for this reason. Again, this was misrepresented on the website where the picture of the slide makes it appear to not be enclosed.

Overall we were very disappointed and would not stay again. I have to say though that I brought up the issues to the manager and our rate was discounted. She was very nice and pleasant to deal with, although really, we would have ultimately been happier paying twice what we did to stay in a nicer place.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank run2live

Please accept my sincere apologies that our property did not live up to your expectations. We are a few short months away from beginning another phase of renovations which will address the issues you were disappointed with. We do have renovated rooms and non renovated rooms at this point.

Thank you for recognizing the wonderful customer service delivered by the staff of the hotel. We strive to make every guests' stay as enjoyable as we can.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to showcase our hotel once our renovations are complete.