“clean very hospitable but lousy bed” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Plaza Regina Downtown

Ramada Plaza Regina Downtown
Ranked #20 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Saskatoon, Canada
“clean very hospitable but lousy bed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

The staff here were great , you ask the helped and even aticipated your request. The rooms were clean but the bed I had was curved to the middle.. Tried to sleep on the edge but had to hold on . Food was good and they even fixed a parking ticket for me in their lot..

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Regina_Ramada_GM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Regina Downtown, responded to this review, 1 October 2014
Dear drjbb,

Thank-you so very much for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor comment regarding our Ramada Plaza Regina. We truly appreciate your valued guest’s feedback and we definitely listen and act in a quick and professional nature. I also wanted to let you know that the bed in your guest room had a misplaced support ad it was rectified the very next morning. Thank-you for letting us know as we do need these comments to keep us one of the best hotels in Regina for our guest’s to enjoy.

All my Best

terry.groff@saskramada.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Arrived early at about 12:30p and despite my husband's calling the day before for an early check-in, they didn't provide it. That set the tone not well. Place is pretty enough. The restaurant was nice and they were pretty fast. Room were nice, had Keurig coffee makers in them. Have a business room that you must enter with your key and depart if you are 'seen' by the camera.

When it came time to go, my husband had ordered a taxi about an hour before we needed it (8:30 was when we needed it). We finished our breakfast, brought our luggage down and NO TAXI. We waited 15 more minutes, NO TAXI. I went back in and requested he call another service. Finally one came and in fact 3 came. We were sped to the airport.... all unnecessary if the taxi driver would have come when first called. We were not pleased.

Room Tip: No knowledge that one is any better than the other.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Regina_Ramada_GM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Regina Downtown, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Diane KAKF,

The most important way to start this response is we are sorry, truly we are. We have an agreement with local taxi companies to have pre-booked taxis made available and for some reason beyond our control they sometimes chose other fares. But I do not take that lightly may I say. we have a few choices in Regina and trust me to continue to deliver our amazing customer service we want our guest to have a worry free departure as well. I have personally raised your issue with the Taxi company and they have promised to improve service levels. On another point thank-you also for the very kind rating you gave to our Ramada Plaza Regina all 4’s and 5’s makes us all smile even more.

All my best and please stay in touch as well

Kitchener, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Beautiful newly renovated lobby, however the upper hallway and our room was quite outdated. Get rid of the orange colour in the halls!!! Staff were amazing. We came in from a very long day of travelling and they were so friendly! I wouldn't stay here again due to the quality of the room itself. The neighbourhood also felt rough. We were nervous walking down the street with some tough looking characters!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Oceanlover1987,

Firstly, I love your Trip Advisor user name after all who doesn’t love a gorgeous sunset over the ocean, yes I am an ocean lover as well. Thank-you for taking the time to allow us to be rated by yourself a valued guest of the Ramada Plaza Regina. I noted your concern over our hallway color choice and I must tell you that they were just painted last year completely. But we do listen to our guest’s feedback and yes we do act as they see fit. The great news is we are re-painting the guest room hallways this year as our guest’s have not enjoyed our color choice and we want to show them that we agree. Combined with our hallway renovation we are completing a huge undertaking in July in which we will have 102 guest rooms receive new furnishings, artwork, lamps and of course more ergonomic seating configurations. This will allow us to have the newest guest rooms in all of Regina. Plus we are then completing the entire guest rooms in December once the furniture has arrived as we placed the order for the second phase of our complete guest room renovation and it is slated to arrive as stated in December. So what does all that mean to our amazing current guest’s and future guests of our hotel, a brand new complete hotel for you to enjoy and as always we still have the best staff you could ever want to take care of you when you travel to our fine city.

We look forward to your next stay with the Ramada Plaza Regina

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

We enjoyed the hotel, it was excellent value. We stayed on the top floor and loved the morning and evening prairie views. It was quiet and clean and for the price it was excellent value. The hotel bar is fun, very relaxing. The room had everything we need, WIFI worked very well and the morning breakfast in the hotel restaurant was very good. I have stayed in most of the hotels in Regina. This would be a top pick for overall value.

Room Tip: Top floor for the view
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michael R
Dear Michael R,

We appreciate the time you granted us for your most recent Trip Advisor review of our Ramada Plaza Regina. I must say when a seasoned Trip Advisor guest provides us with a rating of this level we are honored and humbled as well sir.

We look forward to your next stay with the Ramada Plaza Regina

Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed at the Ramada Plaza Hotel in Regina Saskatchewan from April 17th to April 20th 2014. We requested an accessible room which turned out to be a joke. The only thing which was remotely accessible was a bar on each side of the toilet. There was nothing accessible for taking a bath or shower - not even safety bars in the bathtub.
When we checked in they neglected to tell us that they locked the door to access the elevator from the underground parking at 11:30 P.M. Instead you have to climb a flight of stairs to the lobby and use your room key to get into the lobby. My husband has trouble climbing stairs and getting in and out of a bathtub which is why we asked for an accessible room in the first place. When we arrived at the hotel's underground parking at 3 A.M. after keeping vigil with a dying mother in the hospital we had to tote our luggage up the flight of stairs to the lobby. When I mentioned this at the hotel desk, they told me to let my husband off at the front door and park the car myself. By locking the door to access the elevator, they are admitting that unsavory characters could be lurking in the underground parking area. Why then would they suggest to a woman to park the car and climb the stairs alone at night? Most unsafe!
Needless to say we will never stay at this hotel again or recommend it to others.

Room Tip: If you need an accessible room, inquire about what features are available in an accessible room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Doris H,

I wanted to share that we did read your review and take all comments from our valued guest’s to heart and we want to make sure they understand we value the feedback. I am sorry we did not have the accessible room completely ready for your most recent stay as we do have the complete package we are required to have the honor of having accessible rooms. We actual use they rooms as regular guest rooms during high demand times and have the accessible items placed in storage and inserted when a guest requests them. Trust me if we missed installing them for you I am deeply sorry as I totally understand how that would affect your stay. With respect to the parkade, yes we do have it locked down at 11pm and this is for our guest and staff safety. But you are able to access the guest room and desk areas by using your guest room key to gain access. This way we are only allowing registered guests in your hotel areas during your stay.

If you are able please send myself a quick email when you are arriving back in the Regina area as I will clearly show you that we have the items you require and I want to also personal express my apology as well

All my best, please stop by once again and say hello so I can personally thank-you as well