“Great Place to Stay”

Ranked #23 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Estevan, Canada
“Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed 25 February 2011

Enjoyed our stay. The staff was very nice and helpful. I was really surprised when we got to our room they had called from the front desk to see that everything was good and when I phoned to get something look at they were right up. The rooms were very nice and clean. Nice tv's. The beds were nice and comfortable. Great food and the lounge is very nice. Close to the shopping mall and casino and right next door to the pub. I like the underground heated parking nice to have your car in a warm place when it is cold outside. Very quiet in the rooms.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Regina_Ramada_GM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Regina Downtown, responded to this review, 28 February 2011
Thank-you for your positive comments regarding our Ramada Hotel. We really do strive to exceed our customers’ expectations and we need Trip Advisor clients to help let us know how we are really performing. Your comments were reviewed with our team at this morning managers meeting and we are focused to continue this amazing service trend.

Thank-you once again
Terry Groff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 19 February 2011

I travel in both Canada and the USA and the Ramada Hotel and Convention Center in Regina has superior customer service to most hotels. The friendly staff at check in, smiles in the retraunt in the morning and classy service in the lounge at night.keeps me coming back here. Underground parking, lots of nearby restraunts, coffee shops,casino, and shopping all within a short walk.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Regina_Ramada_GM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Regina Downtown, responded to this review, 22 February 2011
Thank-you very much for your warm and positive comments regarding our Ramada Regina. We are truly proud of our amazing customer service and we know that we defiantly succeeded in exceeding your expectations during this stay. We look forward to raising our level of service each and every time you stay with us.

Regards,

Regina, Canada
Reviewed 12 February 2011

I found the service in the restaurant to be simply awful. I felt sorry for the young woman who was taking care of the entire restaurant while two male managers stood around and a third person pored over a computer.

This hotel is not special.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank icewater123
Regina_Ramada_GM, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Regina Downtown, responded to this review, 14 February 2011
First off, thank-you for your comment regarding our service as we need to be aware of our shortfalls to be able to make a remarkable recovery. I do apologize for service issues, but I also wanted to make you aware that we did have some major internet issues that was why we had our managers working on our issues. But that is no excuse for the service issues and I will review this with my team to ensure we have a more seamless approach to un-controllable issues.

saskatoon
Reviewed 7 February 2011

Hotel had heated underground parking that was very nice.
Room was clean, a little dated.
Bed seemed too soft as we kept rolling to the centre.
Lounge was very nice- was a busy weekend and they had run out of some foods.
Great location if you want to be near downtown shopping, casino, soccer centre, etc.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
We are so pleased you enjoyed our Hotel during your soccer tournament. We do strive hard to make all our guest’s feel like a valued member of our extended family and it seems like we achieved this. We have also reviewed the food issue with our culinary team as it is un-acceptable to be out of certain items during peak operational times and for that I apologize.
Once again thank-you for your kind words.

Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 6 February 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a confernece. Our room was just fine. I had issues with the service at the restauarant and the staff at the front desk. At the restauarant we waited over five minutes to be seated even though there was a staff member right at the counter who was busy soting through papers. We then waited over ten minutes to get a menu and finally got up to request some service. Our waitress looked like she had been crying. There was also a big chunk of food on the floor that a manager and staff kept stepping over. A guest finally picked the chunk of food up. It took three rquest to get the toast that was supposed to accompany the breakfast.
I had also left a jacket in the bar the night before. The staff at the front desk had no idea where to look for it. Do they not have a lost and found? When I asked gain later they said they had been to busy to look into this and actualy seemed annoyed with my inquiry. A manager finally located it for me.
This hotel has a long way to go!!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Grobert50
Thank-you for taking the time to inform myself of the service shortfalls that you endured during your last stay. I must say I am disappointed in our in-ability to perform to the desired expectations of our valued guest’s. I personally reviewed your comments with our team and I assure you that we take this serious. We only have to respect pour guests and the environment we have available for them to enjoy. Judging by your comments we still have some work to do. I promise you that I will make this a personal mission to ensure we improve and on the adverse side I also want to thank-you for the very nice comments you displayed as well. I know that we have some items to work on and we do appreciate the feedback.
Yorkton
Reviewed 3 February 2011

I serve on the Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Licensing Commission (SLGLC). The Commission holds hearings at the Ramada Hotel in Regina every second month. My hotel room has always been clean and quiet. The electronic business ports and entertainment amenities have all been available and functioning on the dozen or so times I have stayed at the Ramada Regina.
The Ramada provides a spacious and well ventilated hearing room which is important given that Commission hearings can run from 9AM to 5PM. When the Commission needs a telephone connection with a witness who cannot attend the hearings in person the Ramada ensures the quality of the connection is sufficient for purposes of recording all testimony.
The Ramada also provides a break-out room so the Commission can meet privately to deliberate or to seek the confidential advice of legal counsel.
The recent upgrades to the Ramada, particularly the flat screen TVs have definately brought the hotel into the 21st century. Well done!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank ljemcm
We really did appreciate your comments and they have been passed onto the departments that we so graciously noted on your response. It is our sheer pleasure to have your group be our guest at the Ramada and we are so glad that you enjoy all we have to offer.

Swift Current, Canada
Reviewed 19 January 2011

Sorry but the so called "reno" could have gone through out the guest rooms. Rooms were ok for cleanliness but the wear on the guestrooms I dont think could ever make the room look really clean. The hallways are dim and gloomy, if I would have been travelling alone, no way would I stay there. I was there in July service was ok, was there in October service was much better, came in december not so great so have decided to go elswhere. The inconsistancy was enough for me. Not to mention that every time I came I didnt recognize anyone, nor did they remember me. There is just nothing special about this place to make me want to choose it over that of equal or better hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank peaches006
Thank-you for taking the time to let us know how we are performing. We understand that our renovations have not been completed as of your last stay. We are working on the next phase of this important process and may I say you will be pleasantly pleased as we are addressing all the issues you have noted. Plus we are even going a few steps further as we will be implementing triple sheeting, new Sleep covers, cordless phones and some other comforts of home. Please if you have a moment call myself directly as I would like to invite you back to our hotel. As I feel we have made some improvements already that may please you and many more to come. You can call me direct at 306-569-7476 or via email @ terry.groff@saskramada.com