“Stay-cation made perfect!”

Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Regina, Canada
“Stay-cation made perfect!”
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We decided to surprise our kids with a weekend at the hotel with waterslides...but we ended up getting a surprise! I am accustomed to having to pack Lysol wipes to clean our "clean" hotel rooms when we travel, with having my toddlers wanting to lick everything in sight...At the last few hotels (which have the same star rating) we've been to, I have gone through several wipes b/c of dust & grime....NOT HERE!!!! Even the HEADBOARDS didnt even have dust on it! I can't believe how clean our room was...made the stay very enjoyable! And of course, the slides were great too...perfect for families!

Room Tip: Checkout by 10:30am if you don't want to wait!
1 Thank CrazyBuzyMum

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 1 September 2011

First time to stay at the Travelodge. I was concerned it might not be quiet, since some exterior renovations are taking place, and there seem to be a lot of families that choose the hotel for its waterslide, but our rooms were very quiet.

Nicely renovated, with contemporary Canadian-made (!) furniture. Clean bathrooms, new carpets. Nice sheets, comfortable mattresses.

Only small downside was that the printer in the Business Centre wasn't working, and seemed to need its toner replaced, and the friendly employee who helped me, wasn't able to get the printer to work.

Friendly front desk, and a nice restaurant on site for breakfast.

Nice perk of a free hot breakfast per guest while we stayed there, with the coupon I printed off the hotel's review page on Tripadvisor. It's necessary to show a copy of the coupon at check-in, so if the deal is still available and you're interested in a free breakfast, I recommend you print out a coupon.

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room, and check in early!
1 Thank phoenikia
Richmond, Canada
Reviewed 30 August 2011

I stayed at the Travelodge this summer and found it to be a nice hotel. This is a great place to stay with families or for those who enjoy a little water park experience. This is a family-oriented hotel, so there are more kids and some are running around the hotel, and it can be a little noisy.

I was wrapping up a 1,200km business trip through Saskatchewan and enjoyed the water park after a hard week of work. The hotel has excellent water facilities including a big slide that rivals some water parks!

The rooms are also nice and I had a great sleep. There is a nice big LCD TV in the rooms and I found the rooms to be very clean and spacious. My room overlooked the water park and it was a little noisy at night, but if it bothers you request a room away from the pool area.

My biggest beef with the hotel is the room/security card system they have. The room they assigned me required me to insert my room/security card in the elevator prior to selecting my room floor. I had so much trouble getting the card to work in the elevator, and I could not select my floor!!! This was very frustrating, especially since this is a very large hotel and I had to walk a distance with luggage to the elevator. So I returned to the desk, they tried to reset my card. Again it didn't work and I had to walk back to the front desk. So after returning for the second time, now sweating and still dragging my heavy luggage, they offered nothing but an apology and sent me back with an employee to the elevator. The employee also had trouble, but got it to work on the third swipe. He told me to go very slowly. Well, post a sign or something and don't allow people to go through this trouble. Occasionally through my visit I also had trouble getting my room key to work on the room door. This left me very frustrated and may keep me from staying here again.

Also, I found that the hotel allowed for people to do a lot of alcohol drinking in the pool area. In my opinion some guests (even with families) were drinking a little too much to be around water, going down water slides, and playing with kids. But that's just my opinion, nobody was hurt and I didn't see anything too stupid. I just saw some rowdy adults with beer in hand.

Room Tip: Stay away from the pool area if you need peace and quiet
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 15 August 2011

The hotel was okay and enjoyed the water slide. Coming from a larger city though I wanted my morning starbucks. It confused me though - the starbucks was in the restaurant and no one manned it. I think the waitress was supposed to stop and make me a latte? But she was very busy. So we went to the starbucks down the road at the chapters. They might want to re-think how they offer starbucks to their guests.

1 Thank TLCWorld
Toronto
Reviewed 13 August 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Travelodge while visiting family in Regina. They booked us into the "business floor" because they were under the impression that it would be quieter because children were not allowed. Well, CHILDREN ARE ALLOWED.

PROS:
-The first night was very quiet.
- The bed was huge and comfortable.
- There were plenty of pillows
-There was a mini fridge in the room that was very quiet.
-There was an ipod docking station/alarm radio.
-There was a coffee maker and Starbucks coffee
-You can open the window to get fresh air!
-There was free WIFI in the building, but it was not always reliable. There was also a business centre with 2 computers and a printer that was free for use (with a door code so children can't wander in, which they tried to do while I was in there).
-There is plenty of free parking behind the building and a restaurant in the building, as well as several restaurants and shops within walking distance.
-Humongous television was nice, and there was a great list of pay-per-view movies , but the sound seemed to travel sideways and was louder in the hall and bathroom that in front of it. The TV was in front of the bed rather than in front of the couch, so you had no choice but to prop yourself up in bed to watch TV.

CONS
-Once the weekend hit, it was not at all quiet. There were families with babies staying in adjoining rooms on the business floor who left their doors open and their sounds (including crying baby at times) echoed up and down the hallway. We got to hear them getting ready to go to the pool in the morning and then chatting in the hallway at night.
-THE POOL IS NOT FOR ADULTS! There is actually not a swimming pool in the place. There is a water-park like area with a slide and wading pools of various sizes, but they were always filled with children, and wading is not swimming. I'd say no pool was larger than 15 x 20 feet, or smaller. If you have children, then this would be a great place.
-The towels were supposed to be white, but I would say that half of the towels we got over the 4-day stay were yellowed and some were stained and threadbare. The other half were white and thicker.
-The restaurant onsite had very slow service and the prices were on the high side. While I was in the lobby, I heard several people on various days complaining about how long it took to get their food or get their bill.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
TravelodgeRegina, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel and Conference Centre Regina, responded to this review, 30 August 2011
Thank you for your comprehensive review of our Hotel; I can appreciate the time and effort this required. This presents the opportunity for us to provide some context. We do not advertize nor is it our policy that children are not allowed on our business floor. This is a secure-access floor which means that only hotel guests whose rooms are located on this floor have access to it. It’s regrettable that there was more background noise on the weekend you were here, although not surprising. Weekends typically are busy times for us and particularly in the summer months we have more guests staying on leisure rather than business. Since we ‘sell sleep’ we work hard to ensure our quiet times are adhered to allowing all of our guests to get their rest; however, during the day, more hustle and bustle is to be expected.

Regarding our pool area, you are very accurate to say that it is geared toward children. There are two pools, one that the waterslide empties into and a second one with various depths. Neither of these pools are large enough, for example; to swim laps in and it’s unfortunate that this area did not match your expectations.

I appreciate your feedback regarding the towels. We do continually monitor the condition of our linens, replacing them as needed. Evidently some were missed and we will be addressing this immediately. Again, I’d like to take this opportunity to express my sincere appreciation for your review, especially the fact that you listed the “pros” first. As for the “cons” – we appreciate the feedback as a tool for us to continually improve and address areas of concern. I certainly hope that in your final analysis, the pros outweigh the cons and you’ll stay with us again when in Regina.
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 13 August 2011

We stayed at this hotel on our way home from a trip to Banff. We had stayed here several times in the past and have always been happy. They are always upgrading this hotel. The rooms have all been redone including the restaurant. Presently, they are redoing the outside of the building. It's nice to see that they keep this hotel up to date. The pool area is great for young and older kids. There is a huge water slide(4 stories high). It is not too fast so even the little kids can enjoy it with there parents and it is big enough that the older kids had a blast on it too! Very nice place to stay... we were even upgraded to a poolside room at no extra charge. The restaurant was really good for breakfast (which was included with our stay) however the supper we had could have been better. We really like this place and are happy to see them take great pride in there business.

Room Tip: Poolside room very nice with older kids. The kids were in the waterpark for over 3 hours so it was n...
Reviewed 6 August 2011

We stayed here on a stopover from Alberta to Manitoba. Wanted a place with a pool for the kids and a decent room. We stayed in a standard room with 2 queen beds and asked for an aerobed for my third child. We paid $129 for the room plus $15 for the aerobed. Included in this was a $15 food voucher for the attached restaurant for breakfast (this was a trip advisor deal that we used actually). This turned out to be an even better deal than I thought because the voucher was for $15 per adult and kids 10 and under eat free. My mom and I both had omelettes and coffee for breakfast and the bill came to $29 so we paid nothing but the tip. Food however was definitely average. The menu said it was a three egg omelette but it was so thin I have a hard time believing that. I think they make the eggs bulk on the grill and you get what you get. It tasted fine but was not something I would order again here.
We went to the pool shortly after we arrived and they have a waterslide that goes into its own pool and a separate small pool for swimming - no real shallow end to play in for the kids. They also have a tunnel (no water involved) for smaller kids - 10 and under that ends at a slide. It is right next to the hot tub and my 5 year old played in there the entire time. Overall the pool area was nice but when we were there it was very busy with lots of older kids going on the waterslide. The steps were slippery and the tile seemed old so I only went down the slide myself once. Cleanliness was ok, not outstanding. They do have pool attendants to give out towels etc but they are not lifeguards. I would stay here again when my kids were a bit older so they could enjoy the waterslide more but would prefer somewhere with a bigger more small-kid friendly pool. We did not stay in a room off the pool and was thankful of that as it was very NOISY in there. And the pool was open late into the evening. Wouldn't want to have a baby or young kid trying to sleep in one of those rooms.
Hotel was easy to find off Highway 1 and though they were repaving the parking lot there was lots of parking in the back.
Wireless wifi access was free and we had a bar fridge in our room but it did not have a freezer. No fan in the bathroom which was annoying when you have 5 people who have to shower. By the end the bathroom was dripping with the humidity. Also could not take the stairs to get down to the lobby for some reason - stairwell was full of carts and you had to get out on the second floor to take the elevator down to the main floor. Thought that was strange - old building?

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family