“Best Food in Regina”

Ranked #87 of 601 Restaurants in Regina
Price range: US$11 - US$23
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We are a full service pub with a BBQ style menu. In addition to BBQ we offer gluten wise and vegetarian options. We feature homemade dishes as well as daily specials. We have 8 beers on tap and offer a patio in the summer. We have happy hour Monday to Friday 3 to 6. Even though we are a pub children are welcome. Kids eat free on Sundays.
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I am a fan of true BBQ. This place has the best tasting BBQ I have ever had ... bar none ... and I have eaten at many BBQ joints in my day. The excellent walk up service works very well for this type of restaurant. The staff was especially friendly and helpful and the owners work right with them in case any issue arises, The Sunday Brunch is great addition.

1  Thank tdr3

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Hired Jack Keaton for a group of 30. Arrived on time (early actually) and set up BBQs for heat up the ribs, etc. All the meats (BBQ chicken, pulled pork and ribs) were excellent. Salads were fresh and service was professional. No complaints, would recommend hiring Jack Keaton for a function.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

A lot of restaurateurs get into the business because they do not like to compromise. Unfortunately, in Regina, there is a great deal of options for customers which mean a great deal of competition for restaurant owners. Another problem for restaurant owners is Regina is small enough where word of mouth can have an impact on your business. I say these things because the service I experienced at Jack Keaton's was awful. As a result I will never go back and several of my friends, upon hearing of my experience, have stated they will not go to Jack Keaton's either. The problem began with a misunderstanding over a side dish that was ordered. Sounds like a simple enough problem to remedy right? Wrong. Ended up in an argument with the owner and an all-round bad experience. Do yourself a favour and spend your money where they appreciate it.

1  Thank Jay S
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Always a fan of BBQ, I was very interested in trying Jack Keaton's. I was there for one lunch, one supper and a take out meal. I enjoyed this place. The applewood smoke was new to me and did take a bit of aquiring a taste for but I found myself craving it the next day. Through my experienced I had the BBQ and fried chicken, pulled pork, pork ribs, and brisket. I am hard pressed to say which I enjoyed most but if I must The BBQ chicken was fall of the bone lipsmacking. I could have this chicken weekly without fearing I would wear out my tastebuds. The brisket was a close second. The sides were good but not great although my wife loved the corn bread.
I wished there were more options for the kids as this was limited and their thoughts on the smoked items was it was too strong for their tastes. The costs were slightly higher than I expected. We will eat there again, it is a different flavor our familyhasn't had too much exposure to but is still very good and we all enjoyed our visit there.

Reviewed 2 June 2013

I think Jack Keaton's has really added to their service by offering a Sunday brunch buffet now. We love everything on the regular menu but having this option on Sunday is an added plus! We have had brunch there about three times now and they offer some baking, made to order omlette's, a variety of meats and the list goes on. If you love JK and haven't tried the brunch yet - check it out!
The owners and staff are friendly and always on top of things, whether it's cleaning tables or replenishing the food!
They are putting out picnic tables on the patio for summer, so more seating is coming!