“Southern BBQ at it's best in the North.”

Jack Keaton's BBQ & Bar
Ranked #73 of 571 Restaurants in Regina
Price range: US$11 - US$22
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We are a full service pub with a BBQ style menu. In addition to BBQ we offer gluten wise and vegetarian options. We feature homemade dishes as well as daily specials. We have 8 beers on tap and offer a patio in the summer. We have happy hour Monday to Friday 3 to 6. Even though we are a pub children are welcome. Kids eat free on Sundays.
Calgary, Canada
“Southern BBQ at it's best in the North.”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

More of a traditional Southern recipe that he uses, Then you have the other style which is tomato based, find the one the chef does at Jack's the best I have tasted in Canada. Being in the industry myself for many years, I've learned you can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all the time. Best idea is to taste it yourself, if you don't like it, you don't like it, if you like it, tell people about it. That being said, The wife & I have eaten here many times, the meals are always fresh (Well as fresh as you can get 12 hr smoked brisket), flavorful. If the chef is there he usually comes out if it is not too busy and asks how the meal was. Eaten at smokin' okies as well and wasn't really impressed with the meals there, staff.... took us 5 minutes to find someone there.. Compairing Jack Keaton's to S.Okies,, Jack's is moist, flavorful, one that makes you go mmmmm.... Brisket & ribs....The Mac & Cheese is to die for. Love the direction they are going.hope they continue with their blues night's, etc...

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Dan W

“Sunday Brunch.....No thanks!”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Friends recommended this restaurant to me and they told me I should try it as I love BBQ and I love ribs. I happened to be driving by myself last Sunday morning and saw that they were advertising brunch, so I thought it would be a great time to try a variety of items. The staff was friendly but I got sat at a single table out in the middle of the floor with no sauces, napklns, ketchup or anything at all. When you have a small dining room that seats under 70 people, and you are offering a buffet brunch, you should never take reservations. This was the only seat left in the place I could sit....except for the 20 seats that were empty with a reservation sign on them. I went up to the small buffet, and was shocked by the food and the food levels. The perogies were out completely as were 3 other items. The meat offered was rib ends that were dry and chewy. I finally asked if I could have BBQ sauce that everyone else had at the table, so I could have some moisture on these dry morsels. The beverage offerings were orange juice, apple juice and coffee. Both juices were room temperature. The beans were okay and I never did get any perogies. There was pulled pork, but not when I was in line. Being a rib lover and having grown up in the southern USA, I love BBQ! I wish the owner and his family luck, but this is not a place that I would go again.

• Visited February 2014
Moose Jaw, Canada
“It's the McDonald's of BBQ resturaunts”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I will start by saying the girl working was very friendly & the place was very clean but that was alll that was good about it.
My husband got the $16 brisket. Super small portion. (Don't let the attached picture fool you, the bowl isn't as deep as it looks) About a cup of meat served in a bowl instead of on bread or a bun like every other BBQ resturaunt which just makes the portion look even smaller. The brisket was tasteless & so was the BBQ sauce he kept adding to try to add flavour. For a side he got the cow chips that had no seasoning at all on them & are served hard & dry so you can't add your own. He was also given 2 corn muffins that both tasted stale.
I wanted to order the southern fried chicken chicken but they only have thighs. What resturaunt doesn't offer the option of white meat!? People will even pay extra for that! So I had to opt for the chicken fingers which were greasy but good. I prefer the frozen grocery store ones to homemade ones anyway. My side was fries & they were terrible. Yet another resturaunt that wants to make homemade fries but doesn't know how to make them properly so they're soggy & taste like oil. And again no seasoning! I thought I was lucky that I'd ordered a side of gravy but then I tried that & it also had no taste at all. I probably added half a teaspoon each of salt & pepper to my little cup of gravy trying to make it taste like something.
Another unfortunate part is the fast food style set up where you order at the counter, pay then go sit & eat. By the time you know how horrible it is you can't even complain to anyone because you've already paid.

• Visited September 2013
“Awesome”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Jack Keaton's restaurant has amazing food. No matter what you order on the menu, you will leave full and completely satisfied. Nice atmosphere

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Vivian B
“Great BBQ”
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

If have not been to jack Keaton's then you really should go. I took my wife there for the Sunday bruch buffet today and it was great. Not a very big buffet but enough choices and absolutely great coffee. I was told that the menu for the brunch is changed every Sunday. If you like pit BBQ then you owe it to your self to go. The price is $15.00 per person but we thought it was worth it. We will undoubtedly be going back.

• Visited August 2013